Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 818
    Forum Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Just bought the first GoT book. Can't get into the HBO series so hoping I enjoy the books instead.

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    started reading Twisted by Lynda La Plante, its pretty good so far!

this is what the insert says:

wealthy, attractive and successful, the Fulfords, with their strikingly beautiful teenage daughter Amy, seem settled and content. But appearances mask a strained relationship almost at breaking point. Marcus's latest business venture has failed, draining Lena, the major breadwinner, dry. Putting Amy into weekly boarding school and striving to get her own career back on its feet, Lena remains alone in the luxurious family house as her marriage heads towards divorce and joint custody of their own child

When Amy arranges a sleepover with a school friend one weekend, neither parent is in contact with her. Saturday, Sunday, Monday morning pass before Lena - seething from her first, unexpected confrontational meeting with Marcus's divorce lawyer - phones Amy... Voicemail - she must be in lessons. Lena sends a text. She waits. No reply, no contact whatsoever. It is only when Amy is reported missing from school that Lena contacts the police. Her daughter has not been seen since Saturday afternoon.

As the police intensify their enquiries, their reassurance that Amy will be found safe become increasingly hollow. DI Reid, in charge of the case, fears the worst...

A family under constant police and press scrutiny, a father who seemingly lied about his alibi for the weekend, a mother whose perfect world is crumbling beneath her feet, a detective under pressure from his impatient superiors to deliver a result. Where is Amy? Is she alive or dead? Lies and betrayal mount as the hunt for a missing girl becomes a search for a body...

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Bought Exit Music by Ian Rankin on ibooks store last year. Finally started it the other day. Pretty good so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSN ID: gersfc

Twitter ID: gers_PSU
    Twitch ID: 19gers87
    Youtube Channel: gers87fc

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    A Jack Reacher novel - Never Go Back.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Forum Sage
    Heading out to buy A Clash of Kings. I didn't get into the GoT series but the book was amazing. I think once I read all the books I'll give the series a go again.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    I don't read. At all. But being a big Bioshock fan, I bought the book based on the game.

I'm honest when I say I'm not easily picking a book up when reading. I bought this with the intention of getting more interested in reading books, but thusfar I haven't read much... I should read on though, I like it so far :P

Earlier today I ordered a 1st edition hardback of Altered States, and an older copy of The Time Machine from the '60s. Amazon is pretty cool, sometimes.

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    I picked up this book today called The Copper Promise and it's really good! It's all to do with adventurers exploring these secret caverns underneath this mysterious citadel that's filled with traps, magic, monsters, mages and gods.

Doctor Sleep is a novel by Stephen King. There is just something about Stephen King’s writing that is like the feeling I get after having been out there, working in the real world, after a hard day, fighting deadlines and traffic, often snow, lots of that, then finally coming home. I get all toasty, feet warm, comfortable, with his voice in my head.
    Last edited by Eskeyp; 6 Days Ago at 11:02.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Themolaculeman
    Stephen King lisey's story

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Burgiccuda
    I just finished Tina Fey's memoir, Bossypants, last week and now I'm switching back and forth between The F*ck-Up by Arthur Nersesian and Palo Alto by James Franco. I'm reading the latter because, obviously, I am a glutton for punishment.
    For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    Just finished the first book in the Commonwealth Saga (Pandora's Star). It was my first book by Peter F. Hamilton, and I just loved it. It's a bit of a brick (1144 pages), but very, very good, especially if you are a sci-fi nerd like I am. Can't wait to read the second part (Judas Unchained).

Right now I'm reading Time of Contempt (The Witcher) by Andrzej Sapkowski.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Reading Book 3 of the wheel of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSU Reviews Editor, Hit Series Creator
    PSN ID
    MelegantPrime
    My novel is currently on sale for free for the next 36 hours for anyone interested in a science-fiction spy thriller.

http://www.amazon.com/Lasombra-Files...qid=1409915395

Thread Information