Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst ... 313 ... LastLast
    The Mega Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Kael View Post
    Thank God for this thread. I've been meaning to start reading a new book for a few weeks, but I don't know what type. Are Stephen King's books as scary as they're known to be ?
    Naw SK books are not that bad. I suggest reading the Dark Tower series! Other than the slow and predicable 4th book it's a great and exciting read! Books 5,6, and 7 are really good!

I'm currently reading the [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Resistance-Gathering-Storm-William-Dietz/dp/0345508424/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1236406674&sr=1-3"]Resistance[/ame] book, it's literary drivel but thankfully not very long.

~d

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolovis View Post

I am reading this book. I've just gotten into it, but so far it's excellent!
    nice. its a great book. i just finished it. i believe it is the authors first book as well, very much looking forward to the next in this series.
    PSN- Scape13
    XBL- Scape13

"Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it."
    ~Fuer Grissa ost Drauka

Forum Elder

#2 in the Deepgate Codex
    PSN- Scape13
    XBL- Scape13

~Fuer Grissa ost Drauka

Dedicated Member
    The Idiot - Dostoevsky

Elite Member
    Go Ask Alice
    "It is better to be hated for who you are, than to be loved for someone you are not."

~*~Currently Playing: Transformers War for Cybertron~*~

Space Cowboy
    I've read a total of 14 books in my lifetime, only because I was forced by my teachers..

I'm currenyly reading ppl's post, to answer your question
    Them Crooked Vultures

Master Guru
    Just finished reading Choke again, didn't enjoy it as much as the first time. About to jump into this Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy collection that has the first 4 or something...read the first one a while ago but never pursued the others. First was alright.

Was thinking about reading Angels and Demons again since the movie is about to drop, I hated the Da Vinci Code film but the book was enjoyable. I remember Angels and Demons being a better read than the Da Vinci Code anyways. Psh, movie adaptions almost always suck so I'm not sure why I'm complaining...or rambling on.

Forum Elder
    been reading book 2 of Song of Ice and Fire: Clash of Kings during my breaks at work, and reading the Black Company: Books of the South while at home.

Black Company has become one of my favorite series.

PSN- Scape13
    XBL- Scape13

~Fuer Grissa ost Drauka

Super Elite

Talks about the video game revoloution and E3 etc. juss started reading it, was at Chapters for 4.99

Apprentice

I haven't started it YET, but this will be my next one, as it has been sitting on my shelf for ages and I have had no time to read it. I have almost ALL of R.A. Salvatores books, with the exception of one I believe, which is "The Orc King".

"Though this be madness yet there is method in it" - From Shakespeare's play, Hamlet

Apophys
    I've started reading The Gunslinger of Stephen King's Dark Tower series. I'm also reading stuff on nanotechnology, if that counts.

Forum Elder
    I haven't started it YET, but this will be my next one, as it has been sitting on my shelf for ages and I have had no time to read it. I have almost ALL of R.A. Salvatores books, with the exception of one I believe, which is "The Orc King".
    how are his books? there was 2 of them at my book store and the hard covers got my attention with the cool cover art.
    PSN- Scape13
    XBL- Scape13

~Fuer Grissa ost Drauka

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm actually reading through the four LOTR books for a second time (including The Hobbit of course). I just love those books.

After I'm done, I'll probably start on either The Last Days of Krypton or Resistance: The Gathering Storm.

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    I'm actually reading through the four LOTR books for a second time (including The Hobbit of course). I just love those books.

After I'm done, I'll probably start on either The Last Days of Krypton or Resistance: The Gathering Storm.
    I need to read the Hobbit. I read the LOTR books a few years ago when I got them for Christmas. I recently read the magician's nephew by C.S Lewis, and have to read the remaining 6 books in the Narnia series.
    PS4|PS3|PS2|PS1|PSVITA|XBOX 360|XBOX|N64|3DS XL|DSi|Gameboy Advance|Gameboy Color|PC

Apprentice

The Raw Shark Texts by Steven Hall. It's about a guy who wakes up and has no idea who he is. He then starts receiving letters from himself that tell him some pretty wild things, such as the existence of a predatory shark like creature that feeds on human thoughts. Very strange but cool so far.
    May thine strength help the world be mended - Maiden in Black

Just finished A FEAST OF CROWS by George R R Martin, and know I can't wait till A DANCE WITH DRAGONS is released.

But untill then I think I will go back to reading Tom Holt or Terry Pratchett.

When crap rolls down hill you know it's a bad day to hang around looking like a rag bag.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by cnfd-77 View Post
    Just finished A FEAST OF CROWS by George R R Martin, and know I can't wait till A DANCE WITH DRAGONS is released.

But untill then I think I will go back to reading Tom Holt or Terry Pratchett.

nice to see another fan of A Song of Ice and Fire. i do have some problems with the books though(only on Clash of Kings right now). i started the series because it was talked about so much as being the best fantasy books out at the moment by so many people. but i have had a hard time reading it at times. the way it bounces around every chapter makes it hard for me to get into a "reading rhythm". i will get into a character and chapter, then all of a sudden it will switch to someone i dont know or whatever, or switch to a character i dont find interesting. but my biggest issue is that for both the books so far is that it feels like there is nothing going on for about 90% of the books.

i kind of felt that it was a little missleading calling the books a fantasy series. there is very little fantasy in it from what i have read so far. feels like its mostly just political mumbo jumbo from kings and queens and whatnot.
    PSN- Scape13
    XBL- Scape13

~Fuer Grissa ost Drauka

I'm reading The Day Of The Jackel.

Forum Elder
    i know this isnt a book but i just got the Legend of the Seeker 1st season in the mail today. its based off the Sword of Truth series and im a big fan of the books. im not going into it with high expectations as i know movies/shows from books are never anywhere as good as the novels. i should enjoy it more with not having high expecatations.
    PSN- Scape13
    XBL- Scape13

~Fuer Grissa ost Drauka

Firestarter By: Stephen King

nice

Master Sage

Fatherhood: The Truth

Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.

BioSonic
    Various Terry Pratchett books from the discworld series.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by BioSonic View Post
    Various Terry Pratchett books from the discworld series.
    I love the Discworld books. I only started reading them a couple of years back, with The Colour of Magic, and I was hooked from the first page. The way Pratchett writes the books is amazing. Such a shame that he's losing his mind.

Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.

Superior Member
    Currently nothing but im buying the new Spud book this weekend. Its called Spud-Learning to Fly and its the 3rd in the series. Its written by John van de Ruit. Anyone familiar?

Thread Information