Apprentice

DS games that use Touch Screen only? Suggestons?

Hey everyone, I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any DS games that use the stylus touch screen only (or mostly) for the game. It doesn't matter the genre or if the game stinks or is really great, I just need some suggestions.

I'm trying find games that use the stylus mainly because my son is best at using the stylus and can't really grasp how to do anything with the D pad or buttons yet (he's 4). For instance he can play Littles Pet Shop and Go Diego Go really good cause they use only the touch screen. But I'm trying to find other games that he could play too. I'm thinking of Drawn to Life to try also.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I've been looking around but it's hard cause there are sooo many DS games lol, and reading up on each one to see how it controls is a little time consuming so I'm hoping maybe some of you will know of some games that are mainly stylus controlled. Thanks.

Veteran
    Elite Beat agents might be touch only. I'll check it again tonight and will let you know. I think there was a wario game that was touch only as well.

Elite Member
    Elite Beat Agents is definitely a good shout. Zelda: Phantom Hourglass is also great for stylus-only play. Finally, I'd thoroughly recommend Trauma Centre and Phoenix Wright as far as stylus games go, although both might be a bit too challenging/unsuitable for a lad of 4.

Forum Sage
    For a 4-year-old, I'd definitely recommend Kirby: Canvas Curse. Simply put, it's the best non-traditional, stylus-only platformer for DS, par none. Nintendo hasn't done anything nearly as good (platformers, that is) for DS after it. It's simple enough. The latter levels might be a bit too challenging for a child, but you can always help him in those parts.

Now playing: PSP: Persona 3 Portable (3)DS: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D PS3: deBlob 2 PC: The Witcher 2
    Next In Line: Ghost Trick
    Recently Finished:

Quote Originally Posted by Azu View Post
    For a 4-year-old, I'd definitely recommend Kirby: Canvas Curse. Simply put, it's the best non-traditional, stylus-only platformer for DS, par none. ...
    Agreed.

How about something like Nintendogs?
    PSN ID: tracebustin
    360 GT: tracebustain
    Wii #:1249 6174 2641 9547

Apprentice
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'll definetly look into Kirby: Canvas Curse, Elite Beat Agents, and Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. I also saw a game called Soul Bubbles at the store today and it got a good review from IGN and the box said it was stylus only. Trauma Center is probably too hard for him, though he might like "being" a doctor, it's probably too graphic for him too so I think I'll wait on that.

But thanks everyone a bunch for the suggestions, I think he'll have some good and pretty varied games to try out. Any more suggestions are welcome to though if anyone thinks of anything else.

Can anyone confirm on a wario game thats touch only? He likes little mini games as well, isn't like Wario Ware Touched mini games? (I've never really followed the wario games).

Elite Guru
    Soul Bubbles is another option. You basically get a bubble from one place to another using the stylus.

I'm fairly sure the Wario game is touch only. Can't really remember since I didn't play it much.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeDevil View Post
    Soul Bubbles is another option. You basically get a bubble from one place to another using the stylus.

I'm fairly sure the Wario game is touch only. Can't really remember since I didn't play it much.
    Second Soul Bubbles, think that's one of the best bets. Easy game to learn and play.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    AsuraOkami
    One game that comes to mind that uses touch screen only is the world ends with you(its pretty easy but im not sure if it would be good for a 4 year old), alot of the games i have that are touch screen got mentioned or there buttons only.

Elite Member
    Soul Bubbles is a great game, IMO.

Da-In S2 Steven :]
    Mario Party DS.
    It's kinda old, I guess.
    But I have it, and you use the screen a lot to play games.
    It's really fun. :]

Thread Information