Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII

Who is your internet service provider? Do they match their speed quotations? ...

Quote Originally Posted by GTR1986 View Post
    I'm looking at switching internet providers and have a few questions.

1) Who is your internet provider?

2) Does the speed of your connection match what is advertised?

3) Would you recommend using them?

I'm looking at ungrading my 2mbps connection and switching to a different provider. One of the better deals I have seen is through Sky, they are offering unlimited downloads with a connection speed of upto 16mbps.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Cheers.

Apologies if this thread is in the wrong section.
    1. I'm with talktalk

2. My speed is averaging 40 mbps but I was told before I got the fibre optics that it would be around 65 mbps

3. I live away out in the sticks and I have to admit I am reasonably happy with the service. Had sky before talktalk and honestly, it was like being back on dial-up again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSN ID: gersfc

Twitter ID: gers_PSU
    Twitch ID: 19gers87
    Youtube Channel: gers87fc

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    madmandem2
    I have sky unlimited and I havnt had any problems with Internet speed, I been with them for a few years now and I won't ever change to anyone else, why would I. I recommend sky unlimited to anyone. I would change to sky fiber if I wanted to spend £30 a month more.

Sorry I'm not sure of my Internet speed but I can stream film with no problem and use multiple devises online at the same time with no problem so.... It must it pretty good
    Last edited by madmandem2; 01-08-2014 at 23:11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Nakatomi_Uk
    Items Intel Core i7PS3 SlimFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    I am with a company called KC (Kingston Communications) there internet side is called Karoo they are a council owned phone company which basically own the area and it's telephone infrastructure and so we can't have anyone else like Sky or Virgin in the area, they say they allow competition but they still won't come. I'm on a BB/Landline bundle supposed to get 12mbps but at best between 6-9mbps at the moment it's rubbish between 4pm-10pm it slows down something awful around 300kbps-700kbps they are going around putting down fibre optic but I won't see that for another year currently it's using copper cabling from around 1982.

The way the internet comes I've heard it goes to a local village called Goole and then comes back to multiple exchanges then to our homes from what I have been told.

Win 7 Ult 64bit, Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Rev.1/Bios F8 , INTEL i7 2600k 3.40ghz, Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB DDR3 1866mhz (1600mhz@1.60v), Crucial 128GB M4 SSD, Seagate 500GB 7,200rpm, Hitachi 1TB 7,200rpm (Back-Up HDD), HIS 7850 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E Card, OCZ Fatality 750 Mod PSU, LG DVD-RAM RW

Super Elite
    I'm with Virgin Media I pay for 60mbps and receive 60mbps me and my room mate pay half each for it.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Verizon

They should die in a fire. Kill the company fast!

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Nope, not even close. 25mpbs download speed, yet I only get in between 8-10. It's Rogers, so it's not too surprising that they don't give a $#@! about their customers or service.

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi Uk View Post
    I am with a company called KC (Kingston Communications) there internet side is called Karoo they are a council owned phone company which basically own the area and it's telephone infrastructure and so we can't have anyone else like Sky or Virgin in the area, they say they allow competition but they still won't come. I'm on a BB/Landline bundle supposed to get 12mbps but at best between 6-9mbps at the moment it's rubbish between 4pm-10pm it slows down something awful around 300kbps-700kbps they are going around putting down fibre optic but I won't see that for another year currently it's using copper cabling from around 1982.

The way the internet comes I've heard it goes to a local village called Goole and then comes back to multiple exchanges then to our homes from what I have been told.
    Do you live in the sticks?

9. Likes GazzaGSi likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Nakatomi_Uk
    Items Intel Core i7PS3 SlimFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by MacP View Post
    Do you live in the sticks?
    Huh

Win 7 Ult 64bit, Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Rev.1/Bios F8 , INTEL i7 2600k 3.40ghz, Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB DDR3 1866mhz (1600mhz@1.60v), Crucial 128GB M4 SSD, Seagate 500GB 7,200rpm, Hitachi 1TB 7,200rpm (Back-Up HDD), HIS 7850 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E Card, OCZ Fatality 750 Mod PSU, LG DVD-RAM RW

Super Elite
    Do you live in a rural area?

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I think he live in Hull. For some reason Hull has its own Telecom system, the rest of the country is operated and maintained by BT.

Quote Originally Posted by GTR1986 View Post
    I'm looking at switching internet providers and have a few questions.

1) Who is your internet provider?

2) Does the speed of your connection match what is advertised?

3) Would you recommend using them?

I'm looking at ungrading my 2mbps connection and switching to a different provider. One of the better deals I have seen is through Sky, they are offering unlimited downloads with a connection speed of upto 16mbps.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Cheers.

Apologies if this thread is in the wrong section.
    1) Virgin
    2) Yes they do.
    3) I would recommend

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi Uk View Post

Im with KC too, currently getting 4.5MB, though i need to get it fixed, should be on nearer 10MB.

I do now work at KC, on the Tech Support desk, so i can do a check on your line, and see if i can bump up your speed for you if you like.

Modify my own line speed myself.

Forum Guru
    Oh, snap.
    Missed the small UK in thread title.. please ignore.
    'no, no one in their sane mind uses OpenGL on PS3' - Repi
    'nope, PS3 uses a wonderful low-level API called libgcm' - Repi

Thread Information