Purpose of the GPS add-on?

what is the purpose of the GPS add-on? i havent actually seen a description so it left me wondering.....

Elite Member

hmm i was wondering about this too. I guess it will be used for games like hotshot golf or watever its called for live weather changes or something.iono, i have no idea, but anyways it would be cool if you could use it as navigation system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by jasonbay View Post
    At least its a Chevy and at least it's an American vehicle!

Sony say they are going to include a UMD disc with the GPS add-on which will have maps on and stuff, like apps you can use with the GPS add-on. Like they did in Korea and Japan.

-N

PSN ID: N1trus

Blog

oh yea didnt they release a UMD as a tourist guide? this would be awesome as a GPS......GPS. ive always wanted one. i wonder how much this would cost......

Superior Member

It will help the sales of the PSP if it is uber-cheap, but odds are it wont be. Maybe 40-60 at best
    Favourite Games from each Generation?
    Ocarina of Time - Super Mario 64 - Mario Kart 64 - Final Fantasy VII - Final Fantasy IX
    Halo 2 - Shadow of the Colossus - Final Fantasy X - GTA 3 - Resident Evil 4 - Timesplitters 2
    Metal Gear Solid 4 - Demon's Souls

Master Poster
    If you could use this as a navigation type thing that would be awesome and I would absolutely get one(if you can't then I won't get one)
    UndecideD likes talking from a 3rd person perspective

Currently playing:F1ce and MLB 07 THE SHOW,WARHAWK AND HALO3
    PSN ID: executioner124 -I ACCEPT ALL FRIEND REQUESTS

^ My Gamertag

Superior Member

It has no use whatsoever, Sony are just trying to make it more than a games console. Maybe they should get some better games first?
    Favourite Games from each Generation?
    Ocarina of Time - Super Mario 64 - Mario Kart 64 - Final Fantasy VII - Final Fantasy IX
    Halo 2 - Shadow of the Colossus - Final Fantasy X - GTA 3 - Resident Evil 4 - Timesplitters 2
    Metal Gear Solid 4 - Demon's Souls

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    I've been waiting for the GPS to come out on the PSP for ages, and it's still not going to come out for a while still! 40-60 is actually pretty cheap for a GPS, considering that they cost 200 generally for the car, if it works just like a car GPS but even on foot then that thing is going to be worth more than the 40-60 they're offering it for!

I think that the GPS system for the psp would be a great add-on for the psp. just think of the possibilatys of this thing i mean going hiking and you can actualy know where you are going. It sure is better than getting lost. if you know what i mean.

Moderhater
    well in Australia, you go an hour and you don't know your way around that city.
    Especially Sydney. If this GPS add on, was on par with car GPSs, and let you put in a destination and it tells you were to go, then I will definitely buy it.

Apprentice

if the GPS is cheap for the psp then i will definately get it just to have it and make my psp even more useful but i really have no need for it if its expensive, it would be great if it was a decent GPS so you could just mount it onto your dash and walla you have a car navagation system

Moderhater
    Quote Originally Posted by playstationjunkie
    if the GPS is cheap for the psp then i will definately get it just to have it and make my psp even more useful but i really have no need for it if its expensive, it would be great if it was a decent GPS so you could just mount it onto your dash and walla you have a car navagation system
    Yeah you could use it as a normal GPS, but you would need a PSP car charger because the PSP has a short battery life.

Superior Member

Gran Turismo 5 - Official North America Launch Trailer [HD]

Thread Information