Latest PSU headlines:

baibaiman

Play PS2 Game on PS3 using Action Replay or ARMax ?

I currently have MGS 80Gb version of PS3. Now, I like to play some PS2 RPG games with Cheat Device such as ARMax or Action Replay. My question is: Will it possible to use cheat device (ARMax or Action Replay) for PS2 games using PS3 system? Do you guys know about any website that can confirm this?

PS Unchained
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by baibaiman View Post
    I currently have MGS 80Gb version of PS3. Now, I like to play some PS2 RPG games with Cheat Device such as ARMax or Action Replay. My question is: Will it possible to use cheat device (ARMax or Action Replay) for PS2 games using PS3 system? Do you guys know about any website that can confirm this?
    No because ps3 lacks the ps2 hardware or the software emulation to run the games, only possible way is if they had software emulation on the action replay disc, but then that wouldnt work because you'd have to switch discs, and sony would sue so fast i wouldnt even have finished this post.

Thank you itachi

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    No because ps3 lacks the ps2 hardware or the software emulation to run the games
    I think you missed the part where he said that he has an MGS 80gb. Perhaps you've forgotten that those can play PS2 games.

As far as the AR MAX goes, I don't have any first-hand experience...but I was doing some research because I wanted to buy one. Apparently the ones that are CD-based WILL work, and you'll just need to make a virtual memory card for all of the stuff that would've been on the mem.stick.
    Rising Stuff - I like import games, so there!

Superior Member
    I have Action Replay Max and for my 60gb BC PS3 it doesn't work, i just get a black screen. Tot sure about the 80gb BC, i would think it would be similar.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I also have the action replay max..the blue disc color on the other side...with a 60gb ps3...tried it numerous times..it shows me a black screen as well.

Elite Member
    Black screen shows, it does not work with PS3

I don't know if it's the same as I have a 60 GB PS3...but I use my Codebreaker 9.3+ with my ps2 games ALL the time. Sometimes it takes a bit as it loads with a blank black screen...but I just have to restart the disc and try again. 90% of the time it boots correctly.

Don't have any experience with any of the other ones...

Hope this helps..

TV:50" Samsung Plasma 1080p HDTV Receiver:7.1 Surround Sound Onkyo HT-S6100 Games:Fight Night Round 3 (challenge me thru challenge arena!!!!) Initial D Extreme Stage; Metal Gear Solid 4;Burnout: Paradise;NFS:ProStreet;Rub a Dub;GOW 1&2;Tokyo Extreme Zero;

Thread Information