Page 1 of 7 1 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Veteran
    Items New User Title

Microsoft show was disgustingly good lol

i loved how they came out with no BS and didnt do the oh check out my stat and sales e-peen

they said they were going to show games and they did

biggest highlights for me

- Crackdown 2 !!!!!
    - SKY HD
    - 1080p instant ?
    - new motion games with no BS wii like add-on galores
    - im now a ALAN WAKE FAN, i was a critic before, but im hyped now

downside to the show was the obvious milking of the halo franchise, 2 games ? lol

what was your highlights ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    Coke isn't really that hardcore a drug.

Elite Guru
    Alan ****ing WAKE.

Seriously.

Veteran
    Alan Wake looked really good.

Splinter Cell looked really good, until some of the animations.

Two games I won't get to play anyway >.>

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    You think so?

I think they managed to make a mountain out of a molehill, so props to them for that.

But they didn't announce any big game we didn't know about already, or at least had huge rumours about. A lot was just fluff and reafirming things we already knew.

Fair play to them on the new motion thing though - It will totally appeal to the Wii market.

Elite Sage
    Also, NO SALES CHARTS
    that is genius.

Master Poster
    so good so far

MGS rising exclusive to xbox 360
    and wow, conviction gfx and lighting and the way they show objective is so great

crackdown 2

1st forza did.nt interest me, but after last trailer, wow it is impressive

also project natal

and MS don't even show multiplat games that will be on xbox 360 fist
    like LP2 and ME2

good show
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Master Poster
    no there is no time, EA will show ME2 exlclusive on 360, and PC

and don't foret about upcoming LP2 demos for xbox 360

wow great job MS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Elite Guru

God i just hope the new MGS wont be like ninja gaiden or something like that... With Raiden as the main character i can only imagine that and i hate that type of games.
    Calculating Infinity

Apprentice

MS Press Conference Yikes!!!

It is pretty undeniable that MS press conference was insane
    they introduced exclusives like............

1.Halo Reach (continuation to Halo 3)
    2.Halo ODST
    3.Forza 3
    4.Alan Wake
    5.Crack Down 2
    6.Left 4 Dead 2

Video and TV rentals no more downloading immediate access and in full 1080P

XBOX twitter and facebook integration

They also managed to gain exclusive maps for Modern Warfare 2 as well as a Exclusive song for Rock Band Beatles.

3rd party
    FFXlll demo
    MGS Rising and all the other Metal Gear franchises are going to the 360

New technology
    MS introduced its new device that has voice,face, and body recognition technology voiding the use of a controller all together.

I give MS their respect @ E3 im giving them a 9.7/10
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--------------ADD ME ON PSN play17boy_Al!!!!!

dannypnefc
    I think xbox's show has crushed my insides. The Announcement of MGS on xbox has really peed me off, why oh why did kojima sell himself

Back to things that impressed me:-
    Alan Wake, looked brilliant, the first video I've seen of it, it really impressed me.
    Left4Dead2, Again, looked good, I just wish this was on ps3 so it's community could enjoy the greatness of left4dead.
    Everything else, in my oppinion wasn't too spectacular, but other people will definately see differently and disagree with me.

Veteran
    Mali I completely agree, that was pretty awesome. As much as I thought the stuff on Facebook and Twitter were stupid as well as not one, but both Halo games, I was very impressed with the rest of it. I criticized Natal when I first saw it cause they were showing wii-commercial like ads and the painting crap, but when they went further into it, the face and voice recognition, and Milo, I was blown away by the potential. Hopefully they actually SUPPORT this.

With Milo, I believe the fun is there. It's a Tamagochi or Eyepet kind of fun, but with amazing tech.

With MGS:R, I still think it's going to be exclusive, though no evidence to back it up except for the fact that MS said everything they showed after FFXIII was exclusive. It's a good acquisition on MS's part, and though I don't like it as a PSFanboy, all I can say is "oh well". We got our taste of Kojima's work, let them have a taste as well.

What I liked about the games they showed is that about 3/4 of them are coming soon, this year in fact. We all said it was going to be a dry year for the 360 - that doesn't look like the case anymore with Splinter Cell, Crackdown 2, and ODST. Then there's Forza, FFXIII, Reach, and L4D2 coming early next year. It's looking good for the 360. I didn't catch when Natal was coming though - anyone got any info?

Overall, I feel very much like I felt after the Square Enix event last year - tempted to get a 360. Instead of Star Ocean 4 and The Last Remnant though, this time, it's for Natal, Rising, and Alan Wake (which before this event I had no idea how good it looked).

Would've been a good time to be a 360 owner.

"All forces. There stands Gallia.
    Claim Her!"
    Big ups to Kwesnoth for sig+av

Apprentice
    -Alan Wake! HUGE
    -Splinter Cell also looks nice
    -The motion camera however looks so boring. I hate my wii because of the gimmick and this is more of the same only without a controller. Milo was cool but it will get old just as quick as Home did.

Master Poster
    what I liked:
    -Alan Wake
    met my hype I wish i had a 360 now

-Splinter Cell: Convictions
    not a big fan of the franchise, but the stealth gameplay was cool, graphics were good too. The last section with the focus on combat was not though

- FF13
    odin looked ace but as mentioned already, it was over quickly >_< Still, nice to see and hear it in english, which surprised me.

- Natal
    The technology behind it is awesome but what they showed didnt interest me as a gamer:

- Milo
    nice tech demo but I wouldnt classify it as a game and besides, who wants to talk to a virtual boy?

They spent too much time on halo, rock band and facebook/twitter.

Funniest moment:
    Natal full body control demonstration.
    "You wanna see the bottom of the avatars shoe?" lifts leg back and avatar goes mental XD

Superior Member
    WOW, i was just blown away with the show =)

At the end where the girl chat to the boy on Tv, think it was Milo There is so much you could do with that process thinking about it =) You could come up to a puzzle in an RPG and then work it out with the Caracture your playing with on the screen, and realy greaten your experiance and happyness as you solve the puzzle, just fantastic and can see it being used alot.

Loved too how you can use the cam to scan through the Dashboard just by waving your hands, and all so Facebook being on there now so i can make a video of the game im playing or take photos and post them straight onto Facebook, man this is so cool =)

I loved how at the beginning they say sod it to all the stats and get right into the new stuff they had =)

Man, that Milo boy again is just fantastic, i cant wait to play a game in the future like FFXIV and be able to use my voice to buy items in a shop and have a full conversation with the shop keeper, wow <(^.^)>

Elite Member
    All other metal gear franchises are not going to the 360... where did you get that from?

TBH the exclusives were a little lame but im loving the look of NATAL... unless of course sony get up and get eyetoy running on the train to success - its capable of everything NATAL does + its higher resoloution
    Also the twitter and facebook part is pretty useless and I doubt it will be used, as for the movies I dont usually buy them off the PSstore or LIVE so I couldn't care less on that side personally... although sky looks intriguing

Master Guru
    MS blew away their conference last year and MSs last year. But there are a few things of note.

I love the visuals in Splinter Cell, but what's up with the almost quicktime commands? I want to earn my headshots. Not freeze gameplay and tell him what to do and he does it. At least that's how it looked.

Forza 3 looks sick period.

Halo 3 expansion looked great, but the engine can't hold up against what else was shown there.

Epic announcement was a waste.

Nothing from Rare and Myst walker makes me think they are saving them for a Japanese audience perhaps?

Alan Wake somehow looked too stiff or something. I'm not sure what is was, but I was expecting more somehow. Not sure how.

The cart game? It's free and I love the style of the tracks.

MS showed a LOT of meat this conference though. They get a 10 from me, but this isn't the game redefining conference they said it would be by any stretch.

Fire the space harpoons!
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Was nice to see a conference with NO bloody crappy charts that no one other than execs care about.

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by hillybilly View Post
    All other metal gear franchises are not going to the 360... where did you get that from?

TBH the exclusives were a little lame but im loving the look of NATAL... unless of course sony get up and get eyetoy running on the train to success - its capable of everything NATAL does + its higher resoloution
    Also the twitter and facebook part is pretty useless and I doubt it will be used, as for the movies I dont usually buy them off the PSstore or LIVE so I couldn't care less on that side personally... although sky looks intriguing

The MGS info stated that he is bring all the other Metal Gear Solid franchise over to the 360 except for maybe the psp ones I just saw it on G4.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--------------ADD ME ON PSN play17boy_Al!!!!!

Super Elite

I only actually seen the last 20 minutes, but what I say was great. The new technology they showed just stunned me, even though the Milo thing seemed really creepy and perverted.. It still is amazing how this can be done on a console.

I somewhat felt betrayed by the Metal Gear Solid announcement on Xbox 360, but now that I think about it, I'm not surprised. I just hope Xbox 360 owners can appreciate it as much as regular Metal Gear fans have.
    PSN ID = samuraiUNITED and me if you want

Elite Sage
    Items Manchester United
    is splinter cell exclusive?

if so that and alan wake are the only 2 things i would want on 360

i hope too god that the MGS game is not an exclusive or ill just cry

but im getting pissed at all the exclusive maps and songs that are going to 360

all that does is deprive some gamers from enjoying your title more

why should i have a worse experience because i have it on a different console?

im sick of this gen and its crap...
    Love United
    --------

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by play17boy08 View Post
    The MGS info stated that he is bring all the other Metal Gear Solid franchise over to the 360 except for maybe the psp ones I just saw it on G4.
    Umm im pretty sure he didnt, I rewatched it and im 99% certain he definatly didnt say this, anyone else please clarify

Superior Member
    WOW, more thoughts lol hehehe =)

Imagine a whole Mass Effect game, where instead of guessing one of the 3 sentences you can just chat with the person you need to get the information from, but you can do this with every NPC in the game and see each of there indavidual personalatys =)

Sorry for spelling, am so excited hehe

Best part of the show for sure was Milo, think by the next Xbox it will be in use alot with future games =) First time i ever get excited about anything like this, I'm normally the one to go, ohh No this sucks so much, but Milo is the future for sure

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hillybilly View Post
    Umm im pretty sure he didnt, I rewatched it and im 99% certain he definatly didnt say this, anyone else please clarify
    Yes, he did say he was bringing everything over at the beginning of the conversation, i thought he was meaning MGS Parts 1 to 4.

*sorry if i double post* >.<

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post

Yeah, pretty sure Splinter Cell is exclusive (for now at least). But yeah, I don't see a point of DLC exclusives either. Especially minor DLC like maps and songs.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiClarke View Post
    I only actually seen the last 20 minutes, but what I say was great. The new technology they showed just stunned me, even though the Milo thing seemed really creepy and perverted.. It still is amazing how this can be done on a console.

I somewhat felt betrayed by the Metal Gear Solid announcement on Xbox 360, but now that I think about it, I'm not surprised. I just hope Xbox 360 owners can appreciate it as much as regular Metal Gear fans have.
    Betrayed? Seriously, who here didn't think that after MGS4, if they were to make another MG game that it wouldn't be multi-platform?
    Be Together - Not the same.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post

yes splinter cell = 360 exclusive

Thread Information