• Mauricio Shogun Rua

2 66.67%
  • Chael Sonnen

1 33.33%
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 313 ... LastLast
    Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Same here. He is kind of like he was in rasslin'. Too big to fail. He helps sell tickets and PPVs so Dana White isn't stupid enough to turn down money. I don't think that he could handle Dos Santos though. I'm sure we will see if he wins his next fight.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Lesnar still has excellent size and a killer double leg. His top control from his sheer size and wrestling is still terrible to be under. Not to mention he's getting tutelage from a TOP CLASS BJJ Master in Comprido.

However, if the 'Reem can stuff the TDs. then I think the fight is his.

Also, Alistair has killer Guillotines so if he ends up on the bottom and gets an arm around.

Definitely going to be an awesome fight. As should UFC 139 fights will!
    Be Together - Not the same.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    not hating on JDS, not a fan, but Cain had just come back from 13 months out, no way in hell he was gonna win. a fit Cain would handle JDS...........

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    that was one of the best fights ive ever seen.

i thought it would be a draw.

Very good card overall.. 139 rocked!

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Didn't get to watch the fight this weekend but I watched the Dos Santos vs Velasquez fight over the weekend. Has to be the hardest hit I think I've ever seen in MMA.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    No will beat Bones anytime soon. not rashad and not overrated phil davis.

Master Guru
    Items Bullet For My ValentineAvenged SevenfoldLed ZeppelinHIMRolling StonesSex PistolsPink FloydRed Hot Chili PeppersMetallicaLinkin ParkNirvanaSlipknot
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    No will beat Bones anytime soon. not rashad and not overrated phil davis.
    Machida is one of my favorites but man did he destroy him.

But did you guys see Mir vs Minotauro! Some crazy $#@! right there....

Learn to do signatures here

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    that was his 1st real test as he took a punch an arguable lost the 1st round 10-9, but to do that to him in the 2nd....damn.

yeah i saw it, what made it better was that it was in the face of adversisty against one of the best BJJ artists ever.

BUt surely thats it now for big nog and tito

Dedicated Member
    Tito has one more fight on his contract. I very much doubt Dana will let him go before then. He has already said he is retiring on his next fight and is hoping for Griffin.

I still think Jones lack certain areas of experience, but I cannot see too many people holding a torch against him. If he is going to lose, I think it would be a complete upset, one punch KO or a surprising submission etc.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    What does he lack? His striking is good, his wrestling is very good, his bjj is good, his kicks are good, his reach is not normal, his cardio is good, he has unprecidciabilty, speed, agility, coached by greg jackson, i cant really see a glaring weakness (oh and can take a punch!)

anyway, overeem over brock imo

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Overseem might be out... We will have to see. I think he takes Brock though.

Super Elite
    Kinda late here, but holy $#@!, the Frank Mir vs Big Nog match.. O_O
    Mir's kimura was perfect, though he was lucky he got to do it, as he took some hard punches in the face. Big Nog's arm being broken was pretty awesome to see tbh, the part where Mir started rolling while having the kimura locked in was sweet.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    UFC 141 -

Super Elite

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    that was his 1st real test as he took a punch an arguable lost the 1st round 10-9, but to do that to him in the 2nd....damn.

yeah i saw it, what made it better was that it was in the face of adversisty against one of the best BJJ artists ever.

BUt surely thats it now for big nog and tito
    I would think there's maybe 1 fight for both of them. Nog looked pretty sharp before the sub; he was pounding on Mir, and the fight could have well been stopped.

Still, a good showing of Mir's BJJ.

Quote Originally Posted by x6Teen View Post

look at Arianny

lol

I'm guessing they got "friendly" afterwards...

Super Elite
    Anyone here who watched UFC 148? Main event was pretty sweet. 1 backfist mistake was made and therefor the wrong guy won.. Ah well.. Post fight comments from Silva were funny.
    Last edited by XMW; 07-08-2012 at 19:00.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Vichael
    Items The Beatles
    Yeah the main event was good, I wouldn't mind seeing a third fight somewhere along the line. I wonder who Anderson will get next? I'd like Bisping to get a shot but he needs a couple more wins first.

Did anyone else have Tito winning the co-main? It wasn't a robbery by any means but I thought he should have got the decision. I was rooting for Forrest too.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    Kingpin326
    Items New User TitlePhotoShopModern Warfare 3Google ChromeUser name styleColeBattlefield 3Assassins Creed Ezio
    Quote Originally Posted by Vichael View Post
    Yeah the main event was good, I wouldn't mind seeing a third fight somewhere along the line. I wonder who Anderson will get next? I'd like Bisping to get a shot but he needs a couple more wins first.

Did anyone else have Tito winning the co-main? It wasn't a robbery by any means but I thought he should have got the decision. I was rooting for Forrest too.
    I doubt it there will be a third fight. I guess if Sonnen talks his way up again with Dana and the fans I guess he can get another chance. Rashad was interested in fighting Silva. But from what I've seen it's going to be a long time since Silva loses.

Tito/Forrest was definitely close. That's why Forrest walked out of the cage because he thought he lost.

Super Elite
    I was rooting for Ortiz the whole fight, but I had my money on Forest Griffin the whole time. Tito landed some hard shots but like the graph showed Griffin landed way more shots (like twice as much) and also way more kicks aswell..

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by XMW View Post
    Anyone here who watched UFC 148? Main event was pretty sweet. 1 backfist mistake was made and therefor the wrong guy won.. Ah well.. Post fight comments from Silva were funny.
    Lol yeah - love how he responded to the Jon Jones comment, and Jones also tweeted afterwards that there was mutual respect and that he too didn't want to fight Anderson.

Speaking of which, was Bones at the event? Because at the walk in, I thought I saw Anderson shake hands/nod to a guy that looks like Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Vichael View Post

I don't think this warrants a third fight, unless Anderson has already gone through Weidman, Munoz, Bisping, Belcher and a possible 185 pound Rashad Evans.

I mean, it's not like they were close like the Frankie Edgar/Gray Maynard fights - Anderson Finished Chael TWICE!

He was on bottom yes, but he submitted Chael. Which means everything Chael did for 4 and a half minutes meant nothing.

People have to remember that just because someone is on their back and trying to submit people, doesn't mean they're losing.

BJJ is as big a component of MMA as anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin326 View Post
    I doubt it there will be a third fight. I guess if Sonnen talks his way up again with Dana and the fans I guess he can get another chance. Rashad was interested in fighting Silva. But from what I've seen it's going to be a long time since Silva loses.

Tito/Forrest was definitely close. That's why Forrest walked out of the cage because he thought he lost.
    That Forrest going run-abouts after that fight was crazy.

I thought Tito is Tito - he's just a bit more calm now. But still bit fo a douche. The Post fight presser jsut highlighted those things - he still likes to talk about how much heart he has, and still likes to make excuses outside of a fight.

Still, can't deny his impact to the sport.

I want Joe Rogan to get in the ring and see how long he lasts

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style

UFC/MMA thread.

I don't know if we have a thread like this but i'm a big fan of Ufc. I know there are fans here.
    To get the thread started, who is your favorite fighter?/why? What fight do you want to see? Well, my favorite fighter with out a doubt is Anderson Silvia. I want to see GSP and Anderson Silva fight. I hope Anderson Silva drops his weight so he can fight them. Dana White said " The fight will happen in may" and i'm hyped for it. I do feel bad that it's getting pushed on GSP though. He has Dana breathing down his neck and Anderson calling him out.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    The word inside is that GSP and Silva will be fighting next summer. Maybe coaches for the Ultimate Fighter?

My favorite UFC fighters are:

Frank Mir
    Tito Ortiz (retired)
    Josh Koshcheck
    Mike Swick
    Uriah Faber
    Clay Guida

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    The word inside is that GSP and Silva will be fighting next summer. Maybe coaches for the Ultimate Fighter?

My favorite UFC fighters are:

Frank Mir
    Tito Ortiz (retired)
    Josh Koshcheck
    Mike Swick
    Uriah Faber
    Clay Guida
    Woot Woot for Frank Mir.I use to love that guy. Who do you think will win between Anderson and GSP?

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Vichael
    Items The Beatles
    Anyone watching Bisping vs. Belfort tonight? Should be a good fight, hoping Bisping can pull it off.

Thread Information