• Mauricio Shogun Rua

2 66.67%
  • Chael Sonnen

1 33.33%
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 818
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    So who is ready for the Weidman vs Machida fight next weekend. I'm pumped. I really like Machida and I'm ready to see what happens when Weidman gets a proper title defense. I really think Machida is going to win this one. Also does anyone think it's odd that Faber is fighting in the prelims? Being ranked #2 and all.

Then the next night you get Edgar vs Penn! What a weekend of MMA!

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    So who is ready for the Weidman vs Machida fight next weekend. I'm pumped. I really like Machida and I'm ready to see what happens when Weidman gets a proper title defense. I really think Machida is going to win this one. Also does anyone think it's odd that Faber is fighting in the prelims? Being ranked #2 and all.

I want Machida to win, but I think Weidmann is too well rounded as a grappler, and will be too physically strong for Lyoto.

Penn coming back will be awesome! And good to see Frankie get a fight again.

Maybe the card is too stacked? *shrug* but yeah prelims is odd for someone of his stature.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I'm just not completely sold on Weidman being the next big thing in the middle weight. He shot up the ladder fast and no doubt he is good but I don't see him as this dominant force to be reckoned with. Although I agree he has strengths that are hard to overcome. Right now Machida is his best opponent imo. Once Silva comes back, if 100% I don't think he will be able to handle it. But that's a ways off. Should be a great fight though. Also looking forward to the women's championship although it will likely end with first round arm bar.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    I'm just not completely sold on Weidman being the next big thing in the middle weight. He shot up the ladder fast and no doubt he is good but I don't see him as this dominant force to be reckoned with. Although I agree he has strengths that are hard to overcome. Right now Machida is his best opponent imo. Once Silva comes back, if 100% I don't think he will be able to handle it. But that's a ways off. Should be a great fight though. Also looking forward to the women's championship although it will likely end with first round arm bar.
    Look for Ronda to mix things up: finish with an inverted armbar!

I can see him being the best, but yeah, you're right he's not quite there yet.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Vichael
    Items The Beatles
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak

Faber is headlining the preliminary card on Fox Sports 1. They always put a big name fighter on there, the idea being that they put on a great fight and persuade people to buy the PPV. It is pretty weird though given just how popular he is.

My interest in MMA has waned recently but I'm looking forward to this event. Hopefully it lives up to the hype. The last couple of cards haven't really delivered, UFC 174 was god awful.

I agree with Admartian, I think Weidman will be too strong for Machida. Ronda should win too, I like Alexis Davis but Ronda has fought and beaten better. Also, good to see Stefan Struve back after his health issues. Tough fight for him against Mitrione.

Thread Information