2 66.67%
  • Chael Sonnen

1 33.33%
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1222
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Vichael
    Items The Beatles
    Yeah, she got destroyed. Pretty much every round was a 10-8. I had Rose to win but didn't expect her to dominate like that. I wanna see Rose vs. Joanna too but I think they're going with the Gadelha rematch next.

Who do you have winning tonight? I'm going with Edgar by decision.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I think Frankie is going to out wrestle him. It's criminal he hasn't had a title shot in forever. Which was a very good flight from what I remember. I know Aldo has been hurt on and of but when was that? 2013? It's time. I think Frankie could wipe the floor with Conor. Saw what Chad did with wrestling. We all know how good Frankie is there. He stood up very well with Aldo so it's not like he would get dominated there. Should be a good fight tonight though. Powerful little guys fighting.

I honestly don't remember that fight. Guess the powers that be knew what they are doing better than I do. Rose was just too big of a step in competition for her. Calderwood was a better match for her. But still not an easy one. Rose is just a dominating striker and unless you got a good wrestling game, I.E Carla, you are going to struggle with her. Unless you have even stand up with her. That's why I like the Joanna Rose match. They are going to throw bombs!

As for the other fights, the finale fight is something to watch for. Awesome striker, one of the most powerful I've seen at 155, Artem and Ryan hall, crazy ju jitsu and heel hooks technique. But I believe Artem will win. He's Conor's teammate and you can tell he wouldn't want to $#@! with him. Said he broke his orbital bone when they were sparring once. Lol

Tony Ferguson is a great up and comer too. Just wish it would have been Khabib but I think that dude is done. Worse than Cruz with injuries.
    Last edited by PS4freak; 12-11-2015 at 19:05.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    Did anyone watch the fight last night? PVZ got dominated as bad as anyone I've ever seen. But it wasn't from lack of trying. She showed tons of effort even in the later rounds. She got out of a rear naked that was as deep as you can get after about 20 secs in it.
    PVZ said it best herself. She was outclassed in every area of the fight. She is very young and will learn from this. Dana White loves this chick and she will be around for a while.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    PVZ said it best herself. She was outclassed in every area of the fight. She is very young and will learn from this. Dana White loves this chick and she will be around for a while.
    She impressed me last night even in a dominating loss. She has that rare ability that not many athletes or teams can have. Maintaining composure and giving every single thing you have even knowing it just isn't your day and everything you're doing is getting shut down. It takes a mentally strong individual to do that. Not many do.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Here is my EA Sports UFC 194 predictions

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Who won in both? Data caps. Can't watch it. You did a sim?

Anyone surprised by the knockout last night? Also Tony Ferguson vs Edson Barbosa was every bit as far as I expected it to be. Tony Ferguson is going to hold the belt soon IMO. He's good and fun to watch.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Who won in both? Data caps. Can't watch it. You did a sim?

Anyone surprised by the knockout last night? Also Tony Ferguson vs Edson Barbosa was every bit as far as I expected it to be. Tony Ferguson is going to hold the belt soon IMO. He's good and fun to watch.
    Simulated on Pro difficulty.

McGregor wins by KO in the 5th.

Rockhold wins by unanimous decision.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Vichael
    Items The Beatles
    Definitely surprised that Edgar got the KO, especially in the first round. I could have seen him getting a late finish but I wasn't expecting that. Agreed, I think Ferguson has a great shot at becoming champion. 155 is stacked though, there's like 6-7 fighters I could easily see with the belt.

What are everyone's predictions for tonight then?

I'm picking Aldo, Weidman, Jacare, Maia and Holloway.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Here are my predictions.

Aldo
    Weidman
    Jacare
    Maia
    Holloway

Exactly the same as Vichael.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Praying I wake up and aldo has won.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    McGregor- I'm honestly 50/50 on this.
    Rockhold
    Romero
    Maia
    Holloway- This should be an interesting one.

@Vichael- Yeah lightweight is probably the most stacked division. Taken a while for it to get back to that. Most divisions now are just 2-3 main guys. Back in the day The light heavy was ridiculous. Lots of talent in middleweight for a time there. I know something definitely needs to beat Mighty Mouse and shake that division up. By far the most boring in UFC. I seriously never care when there is a new guy coming up. I just don't like Mighty Mouse style either. Very boring.

But the Lightweight division is really stacked. Wish we could at least get 2 exciting divisions.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by 33x View Post
    Praying I wake up and aldo has won.

Lol I feel ya. Can you guys imagine how much bigger that head will get if he wins?!

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    EA Sports UFC predicted correctly on both main events. Such a $#@!ty night of fights....

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Well dsmn

That's me done with ufc till bones fights

How do all the champions lose in such a poor fashion? Don't wanna say fix but.....

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Holy $#@! i wish I would have sent in a few bets to Vegas! 5 for 5. The main event rematch can't happen soon enough.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Well dsmn

That's me done with ufc till bones fights

How do all the champions lose in such a poor fashion? Don't wanna say fix but.....

Certainly no fixes in MMA. Aldo got caught, it is as simple as that. Weidman gassed out after the 1st round.

17. Likes Vichael likes this post
    Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    Certainly no fixes in MMA. Aldo got caught, it is as simple as that. Weidman gassed out after the 1st round.
    not necessarily fixes. but dana knows he sees cash cows and it wouldn't surprise me if he greased a fighters palm or came to an arrangement for a fighter to lose/win to garner more money down the road

aldo, who is an ELITE fighter rushes in against some loud mouth clown and gets knocked out? nah
    ronda, an previsouly unstoppable fighther gets shown up by some unknown woman? (i know she is kinda known in the MMA circle)
    Weidham, beat the former GOAT with ease and gases out? ok
    You got some fat poor mans dwayne johnson holding onto bones belt? lol

Summit dont add up to me

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    not necessarily fixes. but dana knows he sees cash cows and it wouldn't surprise me if he greased a fighters palm or came to an arrangement for a fighter to lose/win to garner more money down the road

aldo, who is an ELITE fighter rushes in against some loud mouth clown and gets knocked out? nah
    ronda, an previsouly unstoppable fighther gets shown up by some unknown woman? (i know she is kinda known in the MMA circle)

Summit dont add up to me
    i doubt it man. a fighter makes so much more money per fight as the champ. nobody would give up the potential future money they would make.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Nah. I don't see that 33. One problem with your logic, Ronda losing is not a good thing for the UFC. Dana looked like his dog died after that fight. Also still bitter about DC huh? Haters gonna hate. You just don't like him because he hates Jones?

But do you think these fighters would sacrifice 3 months of excruciating training, weight cuts, and dieting to take a dive? I just don't see any chance of that for someone to lose their belt or lose a fight to get the belt. People just get overmatched, clipped, gasses. Etc. It happens to the best of them. Idk, for me it just sounds insane to think that. But hey not saying it isn't happening. Very well could be but personally don't think there is a chance in hell.
    Last edited by PS4freak; 12-13-2015 at 20:13.

21. Likes Vichael likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Vichael
    Items The Beatles

Summit dont add up to me
    Highly doubt it.

Aldo was over aggressive and got caught. Holm was supposed to be another gimme for Ronda and it backfired. Weidman just lost to a great fighter. He was a good stylistic match up for Anderson, he wasn't for Rockhold. And I'm not sure why you're mentioning DC. He fought Jones and lost. Jones went crazy and got stripped. Then DC beat Anthony Johnson to win the belt.

I think dominant champions are a thing of the past. Everyone is excellent at all aspects of MMA now.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    I like the fact that the dominating champ is becoming a bit more rare. Makes it much more interesting. Who the Hell wants to watch a fight that you "know" who's going to win. I have favorite fighters, most aren't champions. Because I like their style. Not their ability to be a good champion. I just like MMA most of all. I want to see a great fight. Dominating champions puts a damper on that. Not to take anything away from the champions. But champions losing is a good thing. It shows the sport is evolving and fighters coming up are getting better. Instead of just a few dominant fighters we're starting to see divisions with pockets of talent level. Fighters are starting to break out of those pockets onto the next. Improving their game.

I just wonder what will happen next. Rematch, Frankie, or Dos Anjos/Cerrone winner? I hate to say it but I think Frankie is going to get buried again. Which is bull$#@!. Wtf does he have to do to get a title fight. But I think Conor will want to step up to try and become two division champion. If he does and win he'll likely vacate the Featherweight and stay at Lightweight. He is cuting way too much weight. He looked like death at the weigh in.

Btw. Could he theoretical hold both belts? I know it would mean 4 fights a year for him but would it even be allowed. That's what me and my buddies were discussing last night but none of use knew.
    Last edited by PS4freak; 12-13-2015 at 20:52.

Wibbly Wobbly
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Wow. 13 seconds. Aldo was the man but so is Conor.

Would love a rematch but that was legit. Straight up error from Aldo, but props to Notorious MMA for capitalising.

Love that Rockhold won though. And I think Jacare should've won if not at least drew.

My main man Maia showing dominance on the ground and wwhat "szu-shiztsu" all about!
    Be Together - Not the same.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Vichael
    Items The Beatles
    Anyone watch the Cowboy fight? He got blitzed!

Also, JDS got wrecked by Overeem. I think those Cain fights took a lot out of him. Hope he can get back on track. Happy for Overeem though.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Overeem looks like a normal heavyweight now that he stopped using roids. Both and JDS look out of shape.

Thread Information