Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mauricio Shogun Rua

2 66.67%
  • Chael Sonnen

1 33.33%
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst ... 313 ... LastLast
    Elite Member
    I look forward to The Ultimate Fighter 9 coming out on DVD, have caught up with all seasons so far.

Dedicated Member
    UFC 103 was fantastic. Not only did we get the see the prelims which were great but the main card was excellent.

BF:BC2

Elite Member
    Damn Franklin lost that sucks.

Dedicated Member
    The fights were pretty good. The live pre's on Spike was nice,too. Man, Cro-Cop is most defenitely done for he showed no hunger in winning the fight. He was on roller skates the entire fight untill the end. I never saw Franklin getting KO'd I saw him going the distance and Trigg I thought had no buisness coming back to the UFC.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gran Patron' View Post
    The fights were pretty good. The live pre's on Spike was nice,too. Man, Cro-Cop is most defenitely done for he showed no hunger in winning the fight. He was on roller skates the entire fight untill the end. I never saw Franklin getting KO'd I saw him going the distance and Trigg I thought had no buisness coming back to the UFC.
    Yeah the Trigg fight was gonna be a joke. Coscheck really dominated him.
    I wasn't shocked seeing Frankin get KO'd, Belfort is a beast! I really hope they put him against Silva. He could beat him. If Silva beats Belfort, Silva will be the best Middleweight of All Time.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Rampage has 'quit' the UFC.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16277/quin...e-fighting.mma

cant say im surprised, Dana White is a ****. but i lost a lil bit respect for rampage after he ducked Machida and then chose to do the a-team film. if he is serious, then good luck to him. Would have prefered to see him stay though

EDIT....ASLATOR, why is vitor deserving of fighting silva after one dodgy fight. he clipped him, the hammer fisted the back of his head and Yves stopped it??!?!?!?!? WTF??!!!
    Hendo or Nate should fight silva next

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Elite Member
    Dont blame Dana for being pissed at Rampage over this.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    Rampage has 'quit' the UFC.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16277/quin...e-fighting.mma

cant say im surprised, Dana White is a ****. but i lost a lil bit respect for rampage after he ducked Machida and then chose to do the a-team film. if he is serious, then good luck to him. Would have prefered to see him stay though

EDIT....ASLATOR, why is vitor deserving of fighting silva after one dodgy fight. he clipped him, the hammer fisted the back of his head and Yves stopped it??!?!?!?!? WTF??!!!
    Hendo or Nate should fight silva next
    1) I love rampage and It sucks to see him go. I think he's doing a stupid emotional based decision. He won't make money from a movie career or anything. His whole life is fighting. To stop fighting means he stops making money. I think he will be back but I'm at a loss of words.
    2) I don't blame Dana at all. I'm bored, irritated, etc with MMA artists trying to get into movies expecting it to be an easy cash in. It's ridiculous. They can make far more money and expand their career if they stick with their specialty. Basically it makes them a useless fighter (cus they don't fight enough or ever) and a useless actor (cus they never trained or took the time to master acting). Whatever it's their life choice. Also I read Couture's book. I love Couture but reading the book actually made me understand why Dana was so pissed at Couture.
    3) Well rampage ducked Machida a bit earlier to start beef with Rashad. So he's really ducking out on Rashad more-so then anything. Which is the really disappointing part. He talked so much **** about Rashad and to not fight him really makes him look weak. Also I'm not sure how many fights Rampage has on his contracts and if the UFC will just let him go. For all we know he very well might have to fight Rashad.
    4) Vitor Belfort deserves it cus he is the Phenom. Listen this guy was amazing at the start of his career. It was after his sister was kidnapped and murdered that he lost sight of everything mentally and emotionally and couldn't fight. But he finally found out who did it and the guy was either killed or put to justice I'm not sure. The point is he is now back emotionally and physically. Watch him beat Terry Martin, then watch him destroy Matt Lindland. Dude, Vitor Belfort is blazing fast, even if he clipped him, the speed and power was enough to put him down. Also I don't agree with it being a short stop at all nor did I see a clip to the back of the head. I'll have to rewatch it. But me and my friend watched it 2 times on that night and it was clear he got him good and legit. Vitor Belfort is legit and he is back to his fighting form. He deserves it. I agree Hendo deserves another shot. And I would have given it to him if Belfort was still in Affliction but with changing circumstances come changing fight priorities. Hendo still hasn't agreed to a fight contract with UFC. There's no reason to wait for those talks to finish when Vitor is willing and ready. Vitor would be a more exciting fight then Nate anyway. Also Dana announced at the post UFC 103 press conference that Vitor is next to fight Silva anyway. So it looks like it's set in stone.

Elite Member
    UFC will survive without the likes of Rampage, they got far too much talent to bother worrying about him leaving.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Poida View Post
    UFC will survive without the likes of Rampage, they got far too much talent to bother worrying about him leaving.
    Obviously they will survive. But Rampage is awesome. He's got character and is just cool. He was pretty popular in PRIDE as well. I bet he will be back sooner or later anyway.

Did anyone watch the Kimbo Vs Roy "Big Country" on TUF?

Elite Member
    I agree Rampage was a character, I liked him on Season 7 despite things never went his way, got totally outcoached.
    Good old Amir Sadollah one of my favourites, owned Dollaway twice.

Dedicated Member
    I agree Rampage was a character, I liked him on Season 7 despite things never went his way, got totally outcoached.
    Good old Amir Sadollah one of my favourites, owned Dollaway twice.
    I'm a fan of Sadollah's as well. He's got screwed in his last fight with the early stoppage.

Did you watch the Kimbo vs Roy "Big Country" fight on The Ultimate Fighter? What did you think about it.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastor Mused View Post
    I'm a fan of Sadollah's as well. He's got screwed in his last fight with the early stoppage.

Did you watch the Kimbo vs Roy "Big Country" fight on The Ultimate Fighter? What did you think about it.
    Nah havent seen the recent Ultimate Fighter yet, will witness it when it hits dvd I love the Ultimate Fighting series.

Dedicated Member
    Well, Rampage still is one of my favorite fighters and it sucks that he left the UFC. Kimbo really needs to work on his takedown defense to become close to a MMA fighter. Big Country knew he couldnt stand toe to toe with Kimbo. When he tried he knew Kimbo had some good boxing and heavy hands. The fight overall was boring and I got caught up in the hype a little.

Elite Member

Dont start me on that Amir fight haha.
    Im so angry that ref called the fight TKO, it was obvious Amir wasnt hurt , he was blocking the freakin punches.

Power Overwhelming
    Do you think Machida is going to just walk over Rua or do you think he may put up a decent fight?

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by richie217 View Post
    Do you think Machida is going to just walk over Rua or do you think he may put up a decent fight?
    Hopefully, they'll put on a good fight and I dont see Machida having a walk in the park with Rua. Rua will be Machida's toughest oppenent thus far. Im a fan of Rua and it'll either end in a TKO or ref stoppage for either or.

Elite Member
    I dont think anyones an easy win even for the best, underestimating would be the worst thing to do.

Power Overwhelming
    I dont think anyones an easy win even for the best, underestimating would be the worst thing to do.
    Yeah I anticipate that Rua will put on a good show, still think Machida will get the win though.

Now that Coleman has pulled out of the fight lets hope that Dana can find a better fight to welcome Tito back

Dedicated Member
    Dont start me on that Amir fight haha.
    Im so angry that ref called the fight TKO, it was obvious Amir wasnt hurt , he was blocking the freakin punches.
    Yeah, very questionable.

No way. Rua should be up on his game. But honestly who knows? Anything can happen, Rua could get sick, Machida could get sick etc.. But based on optimistic impressions this should be a great fight!

Yeah I anticipate that Rua will put on a good show, still think Machida will get the win though.

Now that Coleman has pulled out of the fight lets hope that Dana can find a better fight to welcome Tito back
    I agree, I'm interested in seeing Tito come back. I've said this before, but I'll say it again. If Tito is up in shape, and sticks to the right game plan he could very well put up a fantastic fight Vs Silva (if it happens).

Speaking of comebacks, Matt Hughes has signed a new contract with the UFC. I can barely hold back my enthusiasm /sarcasm. But on the plus side it should be a good fight when Koscheck beats him. Well good for Koscheck at least....

Power Overwhelming
    I agree, I'm interested in seeing Tito come back. I've said this before, but I'll say it again. If Tito is up in shape, and sticks to the right game plan he could very well put up a fantastic fight Vs Silva (if it happens).

Speaking of comebacks, Matt Hughes has signed a new contract with the UFC. I can barely hold back my enthusiasm /sarcasm. But on the plus side it should be a good fight when Koscheck beats him. Well good for Koscheck at least....
    Tito Vs Griffin at 106 is now confirmed. Much better opponent. Full respect for Mark Coleman but he is a little long in the tooth now. This should be a good fight as Forrest is a much more complete fighter now than what he was 3 years ago. I'm a big Tito fan (I love the $#@!yness and his fighting style) so would love to see him back to his prime but fear he is getting to old to make any big impact on the UFC. If he can beat Griffin I would like to see him fight Rashad again before getting a title shot (either Machida or Rua).

Matt Hughes making a comeback . Hughes is a great fighter but again it is time for these older guys to step aside and let the young blood have the spotlight.

Now all we need is for Chuck (I'm no calling him twinkle toes ) to come out of retirement for Lidell Vs Ortiz 3

Dedicated Member
    Tito Vs Griffin at 106 is now confirmed. Much better opponent. Full respect for Mark Coleman but he is a little long in the tooth now. This should be a good fight as Forrest is a much more complete fighter now than what he was 3 years ago. I'm a big Tito fan (I love the $#@!yness and his fighting style) so would love to see him back to his prime but fear he is getting to old to make any big impact on the UFC. If he can beat Griffin I would like to see him fight Rashad again before getting a title shot (either Machida or Rua).

Matt Hughes making a comeback . Hughes is a great fighter but again it is time for these older guys to step aside and let the young blood have the spotlight.

Now all we need is for Chuck (I'm no calling him twinkle toes ) to come out of retirement for Lidell Vs Ortiz 3
    I would like to see Tito fight Rashad. He was close to beating Rashad the first time (lost a point). I disagree that Tito is out of his prime. Tito is a conditioning beast. I think as long as he was training in the downtime he will be up to the challenge.

I was sarcastic about Matt Hugh's "Comeback". His last fight was horrible. I still believe Serra should have won that (It was close but Serra seemed to press it a bit more). He really needs to retire.

I hope you're being sarcastic about Liddell. I respect Liddell but he's just too predictable and has lost his edge. I really wouldn't want to see a Liddell vs anyone.
    You kinda lost me there. Are you making a pun on Frank Trigg? I never heard Liddell referenced as Twinkle toes?

Power Overwhelming
    I would like to see Tito fight Rashad. He was close to beating Rashad the first time (lost a point). I disagree that Tito is out of his prime. Tito is a conditioning beast. I think as long as he was training in the downtime he will be up to the challenge.

I was sarcastic about Matt Hugh's "Comeback". His last fight was horrible. I still believe Serra should have won that (It was close but Serra seemed to press it a bit more). He really needs to retire.

I hope you're being sarcastic about Liddell. I respect Liddell but he's just too predictable and has lost his edge. I really wouldn't want to see a Liddell vs anyone.
    You kinda lost me there. Are you making a pun on Frank Trigg? I never heard Liddell referenced as Twinkle toes?
    Seems Tito has lost some of the fire in his belly as the years have past. I hope I'm wrong and he can tear up the UFC, as I said I'm a big Ortiz fan.

Yes it was a sarcastic remark in regards to Lidell. The twinkle toes thing was just a swipe at him doing Dancing with the Stars, man the UFC must have been paying him badly.

Dedicated Member
    Seems Tito has lost some of the fire in his belly as the years have past. I hope I'm wrong and he can tear up the UFC, as I said I'm a big Ortiz fan.

Yes it was a sarcastic remark in regards to Lidell. The twinkle toes thing was just a swipe at him doing Dancing with the Stars, man the UFC must have been paying him badly.
    Yeah we will see what happens with Tito

LMAO! I don't watch Dancing with the stars, but lmao I do now remember it being mentioned on inside MMA. +rep for that.

Also it doesn't look like Rampage is calling it quits for sure. He is now saying he is unsure of the circumstances but he is enjoying acting. He claims he has other movie offers? Anyway as expected he will be back sooner then later. Probably sooner. Kinda reminds me of Roger Huerta but Huerta slipped (lost his last 2) and he really seems to be hell bent on acting. I think surely by now he's got like 4 movies under his belt. He must be living it up. Oh wait he just did Tekken......

[Source:]: Fighters Only Rampage News

Supreme Veteran
    LOL I was the first to start an MMA tread way back. Glad someone else revived it. Damn I missed the Lyoto Machida knocking out thing with Rashad Evans. TBH I don't want to see Mauricio without doing soccer kicks and hail mary superman dive punches. It just doesn't feel like they way he was in Pride for me.
    [I am] Claudia Donovan, Warehouse 13: next generation.

Thread Information