Will the rumble ever return?

Since Sony's PS3 gamepad will not have Rumble does that also mean no video games will even have the option for rumble for it all? Meaning not even 3rd party rumble pads would work.

This really sucks.

nope the only rumble you will be getting is the sub woofer rumbling or off one of those crazy rumble vests.. man they where crazy
    i still have mine upstairs

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave
    nope the only rumble you will be getting is the sub woofer rumbling or off one of those crazy rumble vests.. man they where crazy
    i still have mine upstairs
    rumble..........VESTS?!?! i gotta get me one a them!

But yeah, thank you digital audio so my sub can take over where the pad rumble left off
    Setup of a college gamer short on cash:
    20GB PS3 (with 160GB HDD), Acer 22" Monitor, Logitech Z-2300 speakers with harmon/kardon rear speakers connected to a Creative X-fi 5.1 card, Logitech Driving Force GT Racing Wheel, and a ton of racing games with a few FPSes sprinkled in.

Forum Sage

I don't get why they just don't make their own rumble instead of using Immersions technique...pretty weird don't you think?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Keesie
    I don't get why they just don't make their own rumble instead of using Immersions technique...pretty weird don't you think?
    There is probably some kind of copyright on the rumble

Forum Sage

yeah on the kind of dual rumble thing...but there must be another way to make rumble I think.

You take a random small object, poke an even smaller stick through it, that doesn't go through the center, and spin the stick around as fast as you can. The effect is vibration.

And if that's patented... Then the world has come to an end. You might aswell patent basic shapes and colors.

Basic Chair
    Quote Originally Posted by Unnamed
    You take a random small object, poke an even smaller stick through it, that doesn't go through the center, and spin the stick around as fast as you can. The effect is vibration.

And if that's patented... Then the world has come to an end. You might aswell patent basic shapes and colors.
    You forget that even the "Happy Birthday Song" is copyrighted. What a sad world we live in.

The exact implementation that the PS2 uses was copyrighted by Immersion. Sony can either make a new implementation of rumble, or just pay the fees to Immersion and use theirs, or use someone elses. Cell phones, the Wii, and the XBox 360 all have rumble (and Microsoft did pay Immersion).

Apprentice
    Trust me the patent would probably be worth millions It would all be too easy for sony to make another rumble. There is obviously something stopping them. (Or they just can't be arsed) I think it is made from a displaced driveshaft or something, there is probably dozens of deferent ways of making it, all with different effects.

Forum Guru

There are already topics on this
    http://ps3forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=21604
    Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge at you because you are a vegetarian.

BustenRhymes7790

[LIVE] VUDU movie streaming goes 3D

The VUDU movie streaming service now supports stereoscopic 3D streaming, Caitlin Spaan, Head of Marketing for VUDU, announced on the PlayStation Blog.

Of course, you'll need a 3D compatible television and a set of 3D glasses to be able to watch the content in the glorious third dimension.

VUDU is available as a downloadable movie streaming application on the PlayStation 3's XMB, in addition to Netflix and Sony's own movie purchase/rental service.

Next week, VUDU will reveal its plans for 4D TV, and after that, world domination. [Editor's Note: Do not believe Eric. He is a bold-faced liar.]

Thread Information