Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

[Playstation 3] Damnation

Release date: May 26, 2009
    Price: $4.99 Used

Damnation was often talked about in the same discussions as inFAMOUS and Prototype. The had built up a lot of hype and now its time to see if it actually delivered.

Graphics - 4/10

Let me at least start with the good. The character models look very good in the game. Especially the girl! She is sexy and shows off a lot of cleavage in the game.

Now with that said......The rest of the game looks like complete garbage. Constant pop ups and tearing. Visual detail takes an extra second or 2 to appear. Bland and very dull all around. The water looks like it was created in 1999 and you would think that jumping in water would create some sort of a splash right? Ya, not so much here. The best way to describe the graphics in this game would be to compare it to an old extremely early PS2 game. It's really that bad.

Sound - 2/10

Damnation managed to capture some of the worst monotone dialogue that I have ever heard. The voice acting is terrible. No emotion or anything. The sound effects in the game are extremely bad as well. Lacking sounds in almost every single category. For example: I had to shoot down a large totem poll or ball to create a ramp. This should have created a very loud bang with a lot of bass. What I got was a tin can falling 3 inches from the ground.

While playing online I noticed that microphones do not work. Now this is a huge problem since the game has co-op mode. My friend and I were forced to use the PS3 text chat while playing. This is very annoying!!!!!

Gameplay - 3/10

I played through the entire campaign in co-op mode. This mode is very glitchy and its very hard to follow your friend around, especially since we can not talk to each other. The controls are also very very bad. Nothing feels fluid and you are constantly needing to jump where you can not even see. The poor camera results in many stupid deaths. Let me talk about the glitches again. I got stuck 3 times during play where I had to reload my last checkpoint. Once was when I was trying to run down a hill and got caught on the edge of the stairs. Next, while riding the bike my front wheel hit a wall and would not come loose. And finally we simply took an elevator down and could not move anymore.

Weapons - 2/10

You get a total of like 3 or 4 weapons the entire game. Sniper holds a whopping 3 bullets at a time and takes forever to reload. In fact, every weapon takes way too long to reload. There is a shotgun, pistol, and machine gun. The weapons can not be upgraded and they all suck pretty badly. You also get some trip mines along the way which blow up like a single black cat on the 4th of July.

Overall - 3/10

I managed to platinum this wretched game in 12hrs while playing with a friend. I am sure this would take longer on your own seeing how the game does not offer a good sense of direction. I was constantly getting lost and not knowing where to go next. The game is filled with glitches, tearing, terrbile sound, and boring everything else.

Please listen to my words! This game is for "Trophy Wh0res" ONLY!!!!!!

Pros:
    One sexy female character

Cons:
    Poor graphics
    Poor sound
    Poor multiplayer
    Poor controls
    Poor everything else
    Last edited by Lethal; 02-16-2013 at 00:48.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Hohjirozame
    thought as much.

I find it funny how you said "Let me at least start with the good" in a 4/10 section. From what I've heard from other sites, your review is pretty spot on.

Good review of a bad game.

PSN: Hohjirozame

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Carcharias View Post
    thought as much.

I find it funny how you said "Let me at least start with the good" in a 4/10 section. From what I've heard from other sites, your review is pretty spot on.

Good review of a bad game.

Thanks man. I would give the graphics a lower score if I did not just try playing Daytona USA on my Sega Saturn. Yikes!!!!!!!!

Power Member
    I cannot say I am surprised. Thanks for confirming my extreme desire to miss this game.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Thanks for the review, How long do you reckon I could plat this?

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Veteran
    I knew there was a reason why I shivered when a customer asked about it at GS lol

Forum Elder
    lol. oh well. thers always other games..........
    .There will be Blood in the Water.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Gaddesreinhart
    Items PS3 FatVita
    I can't say I'm surprised. The story sounded neat, but it sounds like it's poorly executed.
    Retired FFXI player. FFXIV player, Malboro Server.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by mankind View Post
    Thanks for the review, How long do you reckon I could plat this?

Not sure exactly. I did it in 12hrs with a friend who already beat the game once. You need to beat the game once to unlock the hardest difficulty. Since he had already beat it I was able to get the trophies for veteran without ever having to unlock it. He also knew where he was going so it could take you more time. I will say about 20hrs.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    InkedOne78
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    I forgot all about this game, good review Lethal. Looks like I'll pass on this one.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Moving to community reviews section

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I can't believe you sat through that pile of junk and played it. You brave fool soul. I couldn't stand it after 30 minutes of gameplay, it was so bad that I had to spin around rapidly while humming old folk songs in order to forget the experience.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    I can't believe you sat through that pile of junk and played it. You brave fool soul. I couldn't stand it after 30 minutes of gameplay, it was so bad that I had to spin around rapidly while humming old folk songs in order to forget the experience.
    It was one of the most difficult and frustrating games I ever played. It is also my greatest platinum trophy I ever earned.

Thread Information