playtv not working

my playtv has stopped working, i have checked the aeriel and its not that, also checked all the connections and even gone as far as to reinstall the disc. we had a couple of storms here yesterday but they werent bad ones and nothing else seems to be affected.
    what could the problem be? any help would be greatly appreciated

Apprentice

What do you mean by stopped working? Helps to know exactly what's going wrong :P

Superior Member
    Is the PlayTV software loading? Have you tried plugging the same aerial going onto PlayTV into a standard TV to see if you have signal? Also if you have a aerial booster or spliter, make sure that is working correctly.

Superior Member
    I would be surprised if it was a PlayTV hardware fault... I mean, it feels like there's not much in the little black box lol

Dedicated Member
    Its proberbly the weather because my freeview was out aswel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ive plugged the aeriel into the back of the tv and i got the freeview on there but when i turn on play tv all the sofware is there but theres nothing showing on the epg and i cant get any channels. when i did the channel scan it said it couldnt find anything on that frequency. when it stopped working yesterday i put it down to the weather but i still got no channels now. its starting to look like i need to buy a new one as i love my playtv and cant do without it for long

Superior Member
    Make sure you set your location before doing the scan. I've had the location get reset before, and it stopped finding any channels as a result.

Apprentice

Might be the aerial cable isn't quite inserted fully? I need to twist mine to make sure it's getting the best connection possible...

Superior Member
    ive plugged the aeriel into the back of the tv and i got the freeview on there but when i turn on play tv all the sofware is there but theres nothing showing on the epg and i cant get any channels. when i did the channel scan it said it couldnt find anything on that frequency. when it stopped working yesterday i put it down to the weather but i still got no channels now. its starting to look like i need to buy a new one as i love my playtv and cant do without it for long
    It might be worth giving Sony a call, if your TV works on the same cable, but you cannot pick up any channels on PlayTV it could be a hardware issue. Double check you region setting just to be sure, but I think its probably worth phoning Sony. PlayTV hasn't been out 12 months yet so you should get a replacement free of charge irrelevant of where you have a receipt or not.

Thread Information