Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Power Member
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Resistance 2 had the far better story and more enjoyable characters.

But Killzone 2 wins the game play and graphics battles.

Superior Member
    Killzone 2 is the best because it's gray and manlier and the tense actions helps pump enough blood in my monster **** to give me a massive erection so that I can have sex with my giant biceps.

Apprentice
    I don't play online much so for me the Campaign mode is most important and for that Killzone 2 wins hands down. R2 was too easy to play through more than a couple of times.
    Of the online games I did play I liked R2 better than KZ2 although, like I said, I didn't play many.

Superior Member
    True I barely died in R2 even on Superhuman I'm gonna start playing Killzone 2 on elite now and see how that works out. I guess Radec section is gonan be a nightmare
    Solid Snake: A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
    Solid Snake:I'm no hero.Never was.Never will be.

Dedicated Member
    Both are great, but I prefer KillZone2, finished 3 times at veteran and now playing at elite, incredible, cannot stop playing it.

Superior Member
    ^^ Why did u finish it 3 times on veteran instead of doing Elite first?

Superior Member
    So Im on the 4th level of Elite now and I now consider Killzone 2 a more solid game although R2 has the upper hand in story and weapons.

Apprentice
    I liked R2's single-player better, but KZ's multi-player ****s all over R2's.

Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    If KZ2 had Resistance's controls..... that would have been a dream. Turn on a dime pinpoint accuracy.... *drool* Killzone 2 would have cracked even more heads. The whole "feeling of weight/delay in control" thing should have been optional.

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

Apprentice
    well in my opinion KILLZONE 2 wins in just about everything.i mean the R2 weapons were great in the SP but are worthless in competative online. KZ2 weapons are good for both.

and R2 had a great story bu i think it was presented slopilly. cut sceans were cut off early all the time. like in the middle of stuff happening. and also let you thinking "wait how did they get here?" or "What happened in the HUGE amount of time that passed".

KZ2 on the other hand presented the story well and never left gapps in the story. and how everything was done in enguin was a pluss as well.kept the game look the same quallety threwout, unlike R2.

but i do love R2. its a great game and i cant say anything bad about it other than said things.
    In the eyes of god I've died.Washed away,With the rain. I have lived 1,000 lies. Killed away all the pain. Bombs, and knives conscribe the days ahead, Still in the end I die. I have lived 1,000 lies. Killed away all the pain.

Dedicated Member
    KILLZONE if you like excellent life like graphics and gameplay!

Resistance2 if you like cartoons!

SIMPLE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    No X-Game voice chat?...I'll console myself with free online, blu-ray, browser and the best games

Dedicated Member
    Items Naughty DogVita
    both are great. but for me killzone 2 is better .. i like more realistic fps that's why.. but still resistance 2 is great too..
    40 blu ray games,50 psn games games (also 2 psp games, and lots of dlc), 5 ps1 classics 5 blu ray movies.
    42" & 32" 1080p hdtvs, 6.2 & 5.1 sound systems,2 ps3(60&80), 4 siaxis ,1 ds3, pseye (move soon)
    Steam saint_seya2, origin run_lil_boy (mw2 and cs source/hl/hl2/tf/p )
    Gap member

Mighty Boosh
    i prefer resistance 2, mostly because its more standard twitch fps as opposed to the more "realistic" heavy feeling of killzone 2.

but both are great and worth playing.

Master Poster
    I prefer Resistance 2 because I felt the storyline was a lot more better, and the weaponry was more sharp. Also the characters were hard at times, and I like how the game was set, etcetera, etcetera...

Master Poster
    I prefer Killzone 2. For me the online slaughters R2 and whilst I enjoyed the story from both games I found Killzone 2 to have told its story better and the actual campaign in general was alot harder than R2, whereas I found R2's superhuman difficulty pretty easy.

EDIT: just thought I'd add that I do enjoy R2, lol. My post really makes it look like I hate the game.

Mighty Boosh
    they both have pretty good storys but resistance has much better exicution.

killzone 2 mostly focused on the story of those 2-dimensional beefcake marines you play with, when what they should of done was expanded on the universe's backstory of how corporations colonized planets and the helgast are accually very oppressed people and the "good guys" really arnt as good as they are made out to be. thats a great story imo but they hardly even scratch its surface in the games unfortunitly, thus turning it into a very generic space marine story in the actual games. such a shame.

Elite Guru
    I think both of their single player campaigns are pretty mediocre. Al though I do think KZ had more interesting things in it. Plus it annoyed me how every enemy in the SP of R2 shot at you and never at your teammates.

Multiplayer. KZ destroys R2 in my opinion.

Apprentice
    Single player is about the same for both. Multiplayer, I prefer the way Killzone's competitive is set up. However, I liked Resistance 2 for it's co-op.

PSN: bdude987

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pandasouljah08 View Post
    Interesting, i was gonna ask which to buy out of R2 and farcry 2 but if it's fairly even out of these two then i guess R2 will be the one... they are both half price at EBgames so i was trying to make up my mind
    Resistance 2 is definitely better imo its one of those games that deserve to be in every ps3 gamer's collection.

Master Poster
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Google ChromeDiceGoogle ChromeBattlefield 3Christian Bale
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Killzone 2 single player wipes the floor with Resistance 2 in all departments here is why
    KZ2 is way tougher
    KZ2 looks better
    KZ2 sounds better
    KZ2 made me feel good when I beat a particularly tough section.
    KZ2 lest you see your and others progress through the campaign
    there is more.

R2 wins the MP side due to the excellent co-op however the competative is garbage.
    I like how u didn't say anything about the story. Since thats what I loved from R2

:2gun:They both kicked ***, but I gotta go with Resistance 2, I love those chimera, they are way creepier than the helghast.

I am looking for game where you pilot a plane and shoot crap down or bomb stuff???

Apprentice
    lol....overall kz2 is better but why r u guys comparing the graphics of both games??kz2 wins by a 100 miles in that category....

Metal head and a Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Revenger92 View Post
    Resistance 2 is definitely better imo its one of those games that deserve to be in every ps3 gamer's collection.
    Thanks dude, i got resistance 2 in the end, so far so good! Love those chimera!

Mighty Boosh
    Quote Originally Posted by randys View Post
    I am looking for game where you pilot a plane and shoot crap down or bomb stuff???
    HAWX?

Thread Information