Page 1 of 4 1 ... LastLast
    Elite Guru

Just finished Uncharted on Crushing!

Was I the only one that found it easy? My first run through was on Hard and I honestly found that harder than my Crushing run through. Sure there a few tricky spots when you have enemies coming at you from all directions but those situations are few and far between. On my initial playthrough on Hard I didn't manage the Survivor trophy where you have to kill 50 enemies without dying but I somehow managed to do it on Crushing .

Overall great game. Crushing difficulty was perfect, it provided a challenge without feeling cheap. *cough* Cod4, CoD:WaW *cough*

I'm really hoping Uncharted 2 is the same level of difficulty, I know for sure I'm going to start that game on Hard. D

Elite Sage

I thought Crushing was going to be really difficult, since everyone built it up to be that way. But after beating the game on Hard, Crushing wasn't bad at all. Like you said, there are a few tricky spots, but overall the game is pretty easy.

Congratulations though

Ultimate Veteran
    Congrats!

Like you say, there were a few sections that were quite difficult, but overall on both of my Crushing play-throughs, I found it quite beatable. I wouldn't go so far as to say 'easy' though, that would be a stretch for me at least.

AUSSIE RED FACTION: GUERRILLA CREW | AUSSIE GHOSTBUSTERS CREW

...There's never been a better time to be a gamer...

Veteran
    'Grats ^_^

I didn't find crushing all too difficult besides the tricky spots here or there. It just made me think more tactical about things and it really gave the game just the right amount of tension and excitement that an action/adventure game should have.

Apprentice

Congrats to ya. I haven't tried it on crushing yet but plan to before UC2 hits. Deadspace is another game that really benefits from a cranked up difficulty level.
    May thine strength help the world be mended - Maiden in Black

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by -Deadpool- View Post
    Congrats!

Like you say, there were a few sections that were quite difficult, but overall on both of my Crushing play-throughs, I found it quite beatable. I wouldn't go so far as to say 'easy' though, that would be a stretch for me at least.
    I'd already worked out how to do most of the game and just applied the tactics from my Hard playthrough onto my Crushing playthrough and it was plain sailing for the most part.

Parts that I struggled with on my Hard playthrough that took me repeated tries, I pulled off first time on Crushing. Though there were 3 or 4 bits that made me lose hope, they were all instances where enemies were attacking me from multiple directions (with guns , "zombie" bits were really easy) and I couldn't keep track of all the enemies, those bits were hard but luckily there weren't too many moments like that.

Most of the time the enemies come from one direction and I just stayed back and picked them off.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Hohjirozame
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeDevil View Post
    Overall great game. Crushing difficulty was perfect, it provided a challenge without feeling cheap. *cough* Cod4, CoD:WaW *cough*
    My sentiments exactly. I liked the fact that while some parts are hard, you can adapt to the situation, revise your strategy and try something different to succeed - rather than constantly dodging random grenade placement.

EDIT: Congrats.

PSN: Hohjirozame

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    jlenno5
    im almost done with my run thru to. I can't wait to beat it on crushing. I don't really find it that hard. just sometimes frustrating but its not bad at all.

Apprentice
    I just beat it on crushing yesterday and their was some hard parts, but it was mostly easy. It was the perfect difficulty for not getting frustrated throughout the whole game.

Stig
    Going through Crushing right now actually. The people who say parts of Chapter 4 are tough are not kidding. Ugh. I am on 7 now I think and it is really hitting its stride. Good times. And yes, good challenge. :E

Mr. Ten-A-Key!
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I didn't find it difficult at all it was in some areas but for the most part it wasn't mind numbing like WWII shooters (yes im talking to you Treyarch).

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    jlenno5
    yeah I finally got my plat on this game like 5 seconds ago. great game!

Dedicated Member

yeah once you play through once and know where enemies come from crushing isn't too bad. the only really hard part for me was the part where you are in that big flooded room with all the pillars and have to fight off waves of enemies because they hit you from all angles so you can't sit behind cover and just pick people off like in the other parts of the game.

Forum Elder
    dam its to hard.I love the game and beat it 3 times already but didnt start crushing cause i know i wil break my controller into parts

congrats bro.

Feel free to add me on psn,just say your from here

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Hohjirozame
    Quote Originally Posted by PROTOTYPE View Post
    yeah once you play through once and know where enemies come from crushing isn't too bad. the only really hard part for me was the part where you are in that big flooded room with all the pillars and have to fight off waves of enemies because they hit you from all angles so you can't sit behind cover and just pick people off like in the other parts of the game.
    Yeah, I found out about the glitch for that room AFTER I endured through it all...coulda saved myself a few blood vessels.

I found crushing pretty hard. I was up to about chapter 3-4 on hard when the save file stopped working properly and trophies stopped working. So I borrowed someones complete hard mode save file and played started on crushing. Water room and that bit with the broken plane were the main sources of RAGE for me. I think it extended the game time I've spent on Uncharted because I was trying to learn while getting my *** handed to me.

Master Poster

ill be facin crushin the moment i unlock it

i am dislexic so please dont fuss about my spelling or how stuff is worded etc etc
    subaru impreza is the best car

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Carcharias View Post
    Yeah, I found out about the glitch for that room AFTER I endured through it all...coulda saved myself a few blood vessels.
    what's the glitch?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    No X-Game voice chat?...I'll console myself with free online, blu-ray, browser and the best games

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Hohjirozame
    Quote Originally Posted by phil_75 View Post
    what's the glitch?
    Just before you get to the room, hang from the ledge leading into the room but don't drop down into the water. Then, run all the way back outside to where the trucks and turret are. When you go back to the water room, all of the enemies would have spawned and you can stay up on your ledge and take them out from above. Makes it a whole lot easier because you can't get flanked unless you move too close to the ledge for too long. Hope you understood that...

Elite Member
    just reminded me i have to complete the trophies for uncharted
    CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Carcharias View Post
    Just before you get to the room, hang from the ledge leading into the room but don't drop down into the water. Then, run all the way back outside to where the trucks and turret are. When you go back to the water room, all of the enemies would have spawned and you can stay up on your ledge and take them out from above. Makes it a whole lot easier because you can't get flanked unless you move too close to the ledge for too long. Hope you understood that...
    I think so, cheers!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    No X-Game voice chat?...I'll console myself with free online, blu-ray, browser and the best games

Forum Elder
    congrats mate!

Forum Sage
    Once I understood that the best weapon combo was pistol + shotgun, the game was much easier on Crushing. You could get easy blindfire one-shot kills with the shotgun whenever an enemy got close to your cover and you could kill enemies further away with the pistol.

Now playing: PSP: Persona 3 Portable (3)DS: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D PS3: deBlob 2 PC: The Witcher 2
    Next In Line: Ghost Trick
    Recently Finished:

Dedicated Member
    Yeah I didn't find crushing all that hard. Did it in about 4 hours in 1 sitting. Was alot of fun!

I survived the apolalyps3 of 1999!

Master Poster
    When i've finished the game on Crush i was already finishing it for the 6th times... so it was easy for me too

Thread Information