Latest PSU headlines:

Apprentice

samsung surround sound keeps turning off

hey guys i got a little problem.

I have a 5.1 surround sound system and for some reason recently its been shutting off by itself.

It'll go fine for 30 minutes or so and then shuts off and when i turn it back on itll go good for 5 min or less than that and shut off again.

I checked all the lines and i have a optical output connected from my ps3 to it and everything looks and feels right.

any explanation as to why it keeps turning itself off?

if it helps this is the kind i have: http://www.buzzillions.com/dz_193643...system_reviews

PSN: Hologram777

Superior Member
    Sounds like the main unit itself is failing. Does it get hot in that 30 minutes? Maybe it's shutting off to prevent overheating. Otherwise, sounds like you're in the market for a new A/V receiver.
    Objects in mirror are losing.

Your cooling fan may have failed/or be failing. Aside from making sure that all the speaker wires aren't touching either other anywhere there isn't really much to suggest. Make sure your amp is in a well ventilated area and not in some closed in cabinet.

Apprentice
    yeah i think it may be that its overheating casue i was playin cod for almost an hour and it just finally shut itself off.

blah i think im gonna have to save up and get a onkyo home theater surround sound or something.

o well

PSN: Hologram777

Thread Information