Latest PSU headlines:

Can't get microphone working for Sing Star - Help!

Hello,

I hope someone can help!

When I was last in the UK I bought 3 SingStar games. The shop didn't have any microphones in stock (back in May 2009).

The games work but don't recognise the Guitar Hero microphone (although the shop said it should work).

I have since purchased Pop Idol (which has a Logitech microphone that looks almost identical to the Guitar Hero mic) but that doesn't work with SingStar.

I then bought a pair of microphones (one with a blue colllar, one red) that said they were generic PS3 USB mics and said compatible with SingStar on the box, but, you guessed it, they don't work.

The game DOES run, but just doesn't recognise any of the mics. They don't sell Singstar or the mics where I live.

Anyone got any suggestions? The kids won't stop nagging and the 3 games I brought back are sat gathering dust....

I looked at the box of Singstar and they appear to be region '2'. Looking at some other games, they appear to be region '1'. I don't know if this is relevant?

Thanks.

Elite Guru
    Region 1 and 2 shouldn't affect the microphones. Got myself only the wireless, so maybe you should try them? http://cgi.ebay.com/PS2-PS3-Official...3A1%7C294%3A50
    Feed the troll

Forum Guru
    SingStar uses an adaptor that the mics fit into, the adaptor is then plugged in via USB. The Guitar Hero mic plugs directly in to USB. I've used a SingStar mic for Guitar Hero but I don't think you can do it the other way round as the PS3 looks for that adaptor.

So I'm afraid you'll need that adaptor before SingStar can recognise any mic. How do those generic mics plug into the PS3?

Quote Originally Posted by micromagic View Post
    SingStar uses an adaptor that the mics fit into, the adaptor is then plugged in via USB. The Guitar Hero mic plugs directly in to USB. I've used a SingStar mic for Guitar Hero but I don't think you can do it the other way round as the PS3 looks for that adaptor.

So I'm afraid you'll need that adaptor before SingStar can recognise any mic. How do those generic mics plug into the PS3?
    Sounds like the issue. Not sure why the generic's don't work - they say SingStar on the box. They are just straight USB connectors. They also claim to be for the Wii / PS3. Maybe they only work on the Wii for SingStar.

Quote Originally Posted by bubano View Post
    Region 1 and 2 shouldn't affect the microphones. Got myself only the wireless, so maybe you should try them? http://cgi.ebay.com/PS2-PS3-Official...3A1%7C294%3A50
    Thanks. I'll give those a go...

Nope, can't use those guys as will only ship to my PayPal address and that is in the UK.

Tried Amazon and they also don't ship to Hong Kong.

Anyone know a retailer that will ship to Asia and accept Credit Card as payment? Oh and of course has to stock this product.

Thanks!

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by drjarmin View Post
    Nope, can't use those guys as will only ship to my PayPal address and that is in the UK.

Tried Amazon and they also don't ship to Hong Kong.

Anyone know a retailer that will ship to Asia and accept Credit Card as payment? Oh and of course has to stock this product.

Thanks!
    Have you checked out playasia before? They are well known for exporting. I don't know about hong kong, but it's worth checking out. They have the singstar mics aswell: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...r-70-30na.html

Quote Originally Posted by micromagic View Post
    Have you checked out playasia before? They are well known for exporting. I don't know about hong kong, but it's worth checking out. They have the singstar mics aswell: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...r-70-30na.html
    Great thanks. They are now on order!

This could be great news..... fingers crossed it works.

Thread Information