Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    PSN is awesome but I like live better. Its so fluid and the next update is gonna make it even better. 50 bucks is really not that much to pay. You can always find deals to get it cheaper.

hey

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    PSN is awesome but I like live better. Its so fluid and the next update is gonna make it even better. 50 bucks is really not that much to pay. You can always find deals to get it cheaper.
    def

Rapture
    Quote Originally Posted by oneJ View Post
    not really.

a cardboard box doesnt do what a motor vehicle does.

psn does the same as live. there are extra features with live, but its basically the same. it lets you play online with other users.

the box/ferrari analogy is a terrible one.
    You must have not payed much attention, then. The original poster remarked about how free is always better. The analogy I posted works perfectly with that logic. Don't make silly posts.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    By that logic, a cardboard box with some wheels drawn on it is better then a Ferrari.

Anyways, XBox Live is above PSN. That's pretty much a fact at this moment.
    This.^^

Also Live has a sense of community that PSN doesn't have. With Live I always feel connected to my friends while PSN feels cold and barren.

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    I must be really dumb, i use to play online with the PSN for like 2 years.
    but when i got xboxlive i stoped useing the psn.but now iam back
    ima haveing just as much fun and a few of my real life friends use psn
    and psn is better then live. and IT'S FREE. so i will never go back to live
    Glad to see you like Playstation Network again, my friend. I've never even used Xbox Live, so really I haven't any right comparing the two other than from what I've heard.

The Playstation Network has definitely gone through some improvements over time. And from what I have heard is beginning to surpass Xbox Live in many ways.

It's always good to hear people getting back into the Playstation Network. You mind if I send you a friend request, mate?
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    PSN has come a long way and has gotten much better over time. I like it a lot. It's easy to find what your looking for, it functions smoothly. I think the video section is pretty cool as well.
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 660 ti | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

Supreme Veteran
    PSN has improved but it doesn't really compete with Live in the same way (on the same scale). It still leaves much to be desired but PSN is free and Live isn't hence why people like Coolguy think it's better.

Why he seemingly abandoned free PSN when he used to like his XBOX is beyond me but different strokes for different folks.

Free is good, but like in many things, the better services cost $.
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by *goo View Post
    But it's not $50 better. I'd rather spend the money on new games than spend money to play the games I already own fully.

XBL is better than PSN but the fact the PSN allows you to play your games as they were intended without a fee seals the deal for me.

I've not paid for the XBL subscription since I got my PS3 and doubt I ever will again.
    Oh i totally agree with that, it's a whole different topic though really. I think Live is worth maybe $25-$30 dollars a year max now. I mean all we're really paying for is the cross game/party chat system. I'm one who can live without that but i just enjoy the overall organized feel and look to Live. I really like PSN too though. For people to say PSN is light years behind Live anymore is just not logical at this point.

Super Elite
    I dont have live, but online gaming wise im getting my fix with psn. And in some cases more, because some of my games of choice are the big chaotic battles so far only seen on psn (console wise).

Cross game chat i could live with out i bought my mic so i can talk to the people playing the same game i am, how am i going to call in airsupport in warhawk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Views and opinions of forum member cpitt, do not represent the views and opinions of ps3forums and any known associates, mods

Master Guru
    You must have not payed much attention, then. The original poster remarked about how free is always better. The analogy I posted works perfectly with that logic. Don't make silly posts.
    yes he says free is better however he was in fact talking about sumthing that does the online serivce thing, altho not stating that he implied it for all of us to understand where as a cardboard box with wheels would look like a kids toy
    i see nothing wrong with the post he sent
    "Everything that has ever happened has been leading up to this very moment"

"What happened to bros before hoes?" "Well, this one isn't a hoe, so she's first."

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by cpitt View Post
    Cross game chat i could live with out i bought my mic so i can talk to the people playing the same game i am, how am i going to call in airsupport in warhawk.
    I hear this kind of dismissiveness of cross-game chat a lot, but really the difference between in-game chat and cross-game chat is a lot like the difference between land-lines and cellphones.

The point you make is a lot like saying "why would I want to be able to call people on the phone when one of us is outside, doing stuff?"

I'm a real boy!
    Live has more features. There's nothing to debate and I don't even know why this topic is here.

Anything else that makes it better for your situation is just the people you know.

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
    Live has more features. There's nothing to debate
    The next update (releasing tonight?) touches up Live and the one in November/December will just widen the gap that much more. Although there is a rumored PSN overhaul, version 3.0 or something, probably just a rumor but it's making the rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
    and I don't even know why this topic is here.
    Follow the posting history the last 3 weeks? He's probably got the RROD or his folks won't pay for his Live anymore.

Someone over Live suggested he had a modded X360 and MS banned it.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Kydosan View Post
    I hear this kind of dismissiveness of cross-game chat a lot,
    Thats because PSN doesn't have it and this is PS3 Forums. We heard the same kind of dismissiveness from sony fans about achievements and then when trophies came around suddenly it was the greatest thing ever. If PSN ever gets cross game chat these same people will back pedal on that too. Its the old we dont have it but 360 does so its lame syndrome.

@A7MAD - I heard the same thing.

Teh Spamfather
    PSN ID
    Azurium
    Items Killzone 3PlayStation
    PSN rulez cuz it's free and cuz it's way better.

No reason to click.
    My signature is a fully serious proposal to Xraein. <3

Quote Originally Posted by [valium] View Post
    banned because your right, but it doesnt matter because ps3forums is against me and everytime i upload something its the size of an m&m

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    PSN rulez cuz it's free and cuz it's way better.
    I guess you feel the same way as the OP which is fine but I didn't catch what made it way better. Cuz? Your cousin made it way better?

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by A7MAD View Post
    I guess you feel the same way as the OP which is fine but I didn't catch what made it way better. Cuz? Your cousin made it way better?
    ok heres what i dont fully understand
    how the hell is psn and xbl any different really
    get this
    i played gta4 online at my friends house
    and of all things when i got home i played gta4 online and for some wacky reason it was the same?????
    features aside i dnt see any reall differences i mean cross game chat is however i play with my friends and like to talk to who i am playing with and they all have mics who i pplay with

"What happened to bros before hoes?" "Well, this one isn't a hoe, so she's first."

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    smokin_dem_trees
    yep, i <3 my playstation and psn! its the best! and its all free! i can't wait even for the price drop so my friends can even buy it since it will be cheaper... its soooo worth it... im sure ps3 will last so much longer then the xbox 360 (i know the xbox is old as it is... but the ps3 technology blows it away... it was made for the future just like the ps2 was!

I already have two playstation 3s in my house. One in my room for myself and my brother has one in his room (we even upgraded it to 500gb!). we both play online together with games! i love my ps3... its one of the system i loved the most so far... you can just do so much with the ps3 these days...

there are so many good game on the ps3 also..

i love socom, ranchet and clank!, uncharted, psn exclusives including fat princess and the punisher!

i cant wait for demon souls (only on ps3 ... xbox 360 users are gunna hate that one! the die hard fans might just buy one hehe!)
    im looking forward to so much the socom update... white knight chroincles.. omg... the list keeps going..

killzone 2! omg i dont know but the online is just so fun and addiciting! i actually finally bought the bundle (i usually dont buy add ons either, only for the game i like the most)

and im pretty sure (well hopeing) that cross game microphone chat is coming... which is another feature x360 doesnt have! :2gun:
    :: Playstation 3 with 500gb :: Samsung UN55C8000XF 55inch HDTV :: Samsung Blu-Ray 5.1 1000watt Receiver ::

Elite Sage

Quote Originally Posted by higgos22 View Post
    ok heres what i dont fully understand
    how the hell is psn and xbl any different really
    get this
    i played gta4 online at my friends house
    and of all things when i got home i played gta4 online and for some wacky reason it was the same?????
    features aside i dnt see any reall differences i mean cross game chat is however i play with my friends and like to talk to who i am playing with and they all have mics who i pplay with
    The features are the difference between PSN and XBL. You can't say "features aside," when the whole basis of comparing the two networks is based on which one has more/better features. That's like comparing a 10" SDTV to a 50" HDTV and saying that they're basically the same because you can watch TV shows on them. Sure, you can watch TV shows on both of them, but the quality is significantly better on one (HDTV) than the other (SDTV).

Anyway, XBL is better. Although PSN is free, it doesn't offer a lot of the features XBL does.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by nskinnear View Post
    The features are the difference between PSN and XBL. You can't say "features aside," when the whole basis of comparing the two networks is based on which one has more/better features. That's like comparing a 10" SDTV to a 50" HDTV and saying that they're basically the same because you can watch TV shows on them. Sure, you can watch TV shows on both of them, but the quality is significantly better on one (HDTV) than the other (SDTV).

Anyway, XBL is better. Although PSN is free, it doesn't offer a lot of the features XBL does.
    but i dont get how anything that xbl offers is gonna benefit me? i mean if sony charged even $20yr for psn and gave us what xbl has i dont know if i would pay for that other than the fact i would like to play online cus i dont see much need but btw what r the features? other than cross game chat

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by progz View Post
    and im pretty sure (well hopeing) that cross game microphone chat is coming... which is another feature x360 doesnt have! :2gun:
    What????

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    smokin_dem_trees
    Quote Originally Posted by micromagic View Post
    What????

oh whoops they can i forgot... thats what i meant to say... but sony said youll be able to have more then one right? you should have just corrected me thats all...
    :: Playstation 3 with 500gb :: Samsung UN55C8000XF 55inch HDTV :: Samsung Blu-Ray 5.1 1000watt Receiver ::

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Thats because PSN doesn't have it and this is PS3 Forums. We heard the same kind of dismissiveness from sony fans about achievements and then when trophies came around suddenly it was the greatest thing ever. If PSN ever gets cross game chat these same people will back pedal on that too. Its the old we dont have it but 360 does so its lame syndrome.

@A7MAD - I heard the same thing.
    im not dissing cross game chat if i could have any xbl feature this would have to be the one-that and i dont know any others
    as for trophies and achievements i didnt even know what achievements were at the time and when trophies came out with no support i was like wtf did this firmware do i got a folder that says trophies???

Rapture
    I already see it, this will turn into a XBL vs PSN Argument.

Quote Originally Posted by progz View Post
    oh whoops they can i forgot... thats what i meant to say... but sony said youll be able to have more then one right? you should have just corrected me thats all...
    I'm confused. The only thing I can derive from your post is that you're saying XBL only allows you to talk to one person at a time?

Master Guru
    I already see it, this will turn into a XBL vs PSN Argument.

I'm confused. The only thing I can derive from your post is that you're saying XBL only allows you to talk to one person at a time?
    im guessing he means like in the cross game text u cqan have 3 chats at once
    idk how this would work with 48 ppl talking to u lus the game however

Thread Information