Master Guru

I can't connect to PSN - 80710092 Error (Problem solved)

It started yesterday night. I played BF1943 during the afternoon and I turned my PS3 off. When I turned it on last night it didn't sign in and the 80710092 error message poped up, but I still could download the patch for Fat Princess. The browser works and it is connected to internet, but it can connect to PSN. Just for the record this is the first time this happens, I didn't change anything in the router or PC. I tried reseting both, but I got the same message.

I go to this site to check PSN http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/Network/Status and it doesn't say it's down or up. And when I click on my profile it says "We're sorry. We were unable to process your request. Please try again." When I log out, and try to log in it doesn't pop up the email and pass fields to complete and log in. So, it's not a problem of my PS3, coz I cannot access PSN thru my PC either. Could it be my ISP?

Edit: I went to Network Settings and changed it and used the scan option and picked a non secured one from the list and now it works. So, it's my ****ing ISP. These things are hard to solve, oh well. Wish me luck.
    PLAYING: DRIVER SAN FRANCISCO, TEAM ICO HD COLLECTION, BF3 BETA.
    GETTING: UNCHARTED 3, BATTLEFIELD 3, TWISTED METAL, LAST GUARDIAN (RELASE DATE?)

Dedicated Member

Hi Sergeriver, I checked it out and it just means the servers are being upgraded. So don't go doing anything to your connections! It will be back up later if it already isn't.

Forum Overseer
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by sergeriver View Post
    It started yesterday night. I played BF1943 during the afternoon and I turned my PS3 off. When I turned it on last night it didn't sign in and the 80710092 error message poped up, but I still could download the patch for Fat Princess. The browser works and it is connected to internet, but it can connect to PSN. Just for the record this is the first time this happens, I didn't change anything in the router or PC. I tried reseting both, but I got the same message.

I go to this site to check PSN http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/Network/Status and it doesn't say it's down or up. And when I click on my profile it says "We're sorry. We were unable to process your request. Please try again." When I log out, and try to log in it doesn't pop up the email and pass fields to complete and log in. So, it's not a problem of my PS3, coz I cannot access PSN thru my PC either. Could it be my ISP?

Edit: I went to Network Settings and changed it and used the scan option and picked a non secured one from the list and now it works. So, it's my ****ing ISP. These things are hard to solve, oh well. Wish me luck.
    The thing about the PSN status is that it doesn't reflect that server status of games, does it? The PSN is actually completely independent of actual game servers, etc., which are maintained separately.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM2x View Post
    Hi Sergeriver, I checked it out and it just means the servers are being upgraded. So don't go doing anything to your connections! It will be back up later if it already isn't.
    But I could connect using another ISP thru the Network scan options of the PS3.
    GETTING: UNCHARTED 3, BATTLEFIELD 3, TWISTED METAL, LAST GUARDIAN (RELASE DATE?)

Forum Overseer
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Lol, I thought I finished my post lol. Apparently not.
    that error is a DNS error, which is why you were able to use another ISP to connect. Try replacing your ISP DNS numbers with the DNS numbers from OpenDNS (208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220)

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    that error is a DNS error, which is why you were able to use another ISP to connect. Try replacing your ISP DNS numbers with the DNS numbers from OpenDNS (208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220)
    Where do I change those DNS? In my router?

Forum Overseer
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    In your PS3 network settings.

Master Guru
    In your PS3 network settings.
    So, I leave my router taking the same IP, and change the DNS setting from my Network Settings on my PS3. I use it wireless.

Forum Overseer
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Yea, just change your DNS settings. You can leave the IP settings alone. Don't change ANYTHING in your router, ONLY your PS3 settings.

Master Guru
    Yea, just change your DNS settings. You can leave the IP settings alone. Don't change ANYTHING in your router, ONLY your PS3 settings.
    Sorry, but I don't want to look like a moron, but do I need to change my wireless set up on my PS3? I mean, I'm using a wireless Linksys 54G, with WPA2. Where exactly do I change those DNS without changing the network set up? Thanx.

Forum Overseer
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    No problemo... you don't look like a moron just because you aren't sure about how to do something.

Go to Network Settings
    Click on Internet Connection Settings
    Click Yes, to sign out
    Chose Custom, then press RIGHT on the dpad
    Choose wireless, press RIGHT on the dpad
    Choose SCAN, press RIGHT on the dpad
    Confirm the SID of your router... you should recognize the name
    Choose your security settings, press RIGHT, then enter any security keys you need, press RIGHT on the dpad when done
    Choose Automatic for the IP Address Setting, press RIGHT on the dpad
    Choose Do Note Set, press RIGHT on the dpad
    Choose Manual for DNS Setting, press RIGHT on the dpad
    Enter the first number I gave you for Primary, the second for Secondary, then press RIGHT on the dpad
    Choose Automatic for MTU, press RIGHT on the dpad
    Choose Do Not Use for Proxy Server, you know what's next? Press RIGHT on the dpad hehe
    Choose Enable UPnP, then, do I have to say it? /press right hehe
    Then press X to save the settings. Then you'll test the connection.

Master Guru
    No problemo... you don't look like a moron just because you aren't sure about how to do something.

Go to Network Settings
    Click on Internet Connection Settings
    Click Yes, to sign out
    Chose Custom, then press RIGHT on the dpad
    Choose wireless, press RIGHT on the dpad
    Choose SCAN, press RIGHT on the dpad
    Confirm the SID of your router... you should recognize the name
    Choose your security settings, press RIGHT, then enter any security keys you need, press RIGHT on the dpad when done
    Choose Automatic for the IP Address Setting, press RIGHT on the dpad
    Choose Do Note Set, press RIGHT on the dpad
    Choose Manual for DNS Setting, press RIGHT on the dpad
    Enter the first number I gave you for Primary, the second for Secondary, then press RIGHT on the dpad
    Choose Automatic for MTU, press RIGHT on the dpad
    Choose Do Not Use for Proxy Server, you know what's next? Press RIGHT on the dpad hehe
    Choose Enable UPnP, then, do I have to say it? /press right hehe
    Then press X to save the settings. Then you'll test the connection.

Well, I did this exactly, performed the test and it still won't connect to PSN. Could it be that the IP range, I mean a certain numbers of IP can't establish the connection and I should try changing the IP, which is dynamic btw, but I get the same always.

I'm having now different DNS on my router and on my PS3. I'm getting internet connection on my PS3 with both the router DNS or the OpenDNS, but can't connect to PSN.

Thank you for taking time to help me with this ****ing problem m8.

Forum Overseer
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    That is very odd. Was it working before?

Hey Serge, I was getting the same error for 2 days....then one day I tried logging into the playstation store and it worked without having to directly sign in. Its like I had to log in by going to the playstation store cause the direct sign in wasnt working but it fixed it.

Forum Overseer
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Just to check, I just tried the game and store, and both worked fine.

Elite Guru
    I was googling this error until I came up with something useful. Some guy said he was also having the problem and he fixed it by resetting his router multiple times until he got a IP of 86.xx.xx.xx (its usually at 92.xx.xx.xx). So I tried this myself. I reset it a few times and I got 92 again and again( and I was still getting the error). I finally got 86.xx.xx.xx after about 10 tries .I quickly turned on my PS3 and it worked! This could just be some wild coincidence but Im just happy it worked for me.
    Maybe try this?
    Feed the troll

Master Guru
    That is very odd. Was it working before?
    Since PS3 launch. Uffff. I'm pissed off.

Quote Originally Posted by bubano View Post
    I already tried it. The thing is my ISP has dynamic IP's, yet I had the same for months. Does anyone know how to change a dynamic IP with a Webstar 2100 modem?

Forum Overseer
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    says problem solved in the title... update ?

Master Guru
    says problem solved in the title... update ?
    Ok, I figured this was an IP problem, and not DNS, since what you told me didn't work. So, I tried to change the IP from the command with ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew, again but that wouln'd work. Then I left the modem off for an hour, and it still took the same IP. Finally, I found a little program that automatically changes your cablemodem IP. And problem solved.

Forum Overseer
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Hmmm, so it did end up being an ISP problem, or just hardware problem?

Master Guru
    Hmmm, so it did end up being an ISP problem, or just hardware problem?
    ISP problem of course. I called 'em and as usual they didn't bring a solution. They said the service was ok that there was no problem with it, but I still couldn't connect. I told the guy to go and **** himself. Apparently, for what I read in some forums, some people were having the same problem with certain IP's, so I decided to change the IP, and finally I could.

Veteran
    I recommend using your original ISP DNS server as your primary and as a secondary an open DNS one.

I do this so that I'm not ab/using the open DNS free servers all the time, but if my crappy ISP ones pack in (not that they both should, but they have) then I've still got the open one to fall back on.
    My game scores, based on how much I enjoyed playing 'em: Resistance: 93% Motorstorm/PR: 90%/90% RB6V: 45% NGS: 30% Oblivion: 30% COD3: 55% SC Double agent: 25% Full Auto: 0% Ridge Racer 7: 10%. Darkness: 88% FEAR: 70% Fight Night R3: 30% GRAW2: 78% Heavenly Sword: 84% Warhawk: 85% COD4: 92% Uncharted: 103% Everbody's Golf: 93% Haze 66% MGS4 72% GT5p+G25=100% Fallout 3 92% Infamous 100% U2AT: 115%

Forum Overseer
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonmess View Post
    I recommend using your original ISP DNS server as your primary and as a secondary an open DNS one.

I do this so that I'm not ab/using the open DNS free servers all the time, but if my crappy ISP ones pack in (not that they both should, but they have) then I've still got the open one to fall back on.
    Oh yea, I definitely agree. I only use them when mine are shot to hell. I should have mentioned that, thanks for bringing it up.

PSN ID
    rudraaksh
    Ok, I figured this was an IP problem, and not DNS, since what you told me didn't work. So, I tried to change the IP from the command with ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew, again but that wouln'd work. Then I left the modem off for an hour, and it still took the same IP. Finally, I found a little program that automatically changes your cablemodem IP. And problem solved.
    can you please tell me the name of the tool which changes the ip address and also tell me how to use it and where to install it on laptop.as even i tried changing dns and everything but to no use.but when i use my mobile internet 3g wifi hotspot which changes my ip address off course solves the problem and psn i alright then and i used same dns which i used in router as suggested by people manually in mobile internet hotspot too so i figured out its obviously ip address causing all the problem.i hope my problem will be solved once the ip address is changed.Please help me bro by telling the tool.my isp gives me 192.168.x.10 ip address i think its dynamic but still same most of the time.

PSN ID
    rudraaksh
    ISP problem of course. I called 'em and as usual they didn't bring a solution. They said the service was ok that there was no problem with it, but I still couldn't connect. I told the guy to go and **** himself. Apparently, for what I read in some forums, some people were having the same problem with certain IP's, so I decided to change the IP, and finally I could.
    please tell me name of the tool which you used to change ip bro

Thread Information