Apprentice

GRiD - Executable Has Stopped Working

I get this error message after pressing "Play" and then it never launches. I even installed the 1.2 patch, someone help please. I'd appreciate it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks toThorzilla for the signature

Elite Guru
    There's no other way to say this. You're screwed.

Codemasters dropped the ball big time with Grid. It was such a poorly developed PC game that their forum was inundated with massive amounts of complaints. What did Codemasters do? Nothing. They never fixed the problems and made 1.2 the final patch.

That's why I'll never buy another Codemasters game. I bought it day one and couldn't get it to run becuase of the .exe error. I actually returned it to Play.com with the complaint 'not fit for purpose' and got a full refund.

I wouldn't normally recommend this, but if you can find a 1.2 no_dvd .exe you might be able to get it to work. Don't hold out hope though.

Apprentice
    I recommend the no dvd exe as well. But you didn't hear this from me... =o
    500GB PS3, Original Fatty
    Samsung 46' 1080P w/ SS

Apprentice
    I don't know what that is.. and it's not even coming up with a shortcut on my computer, just the little screen with "Play, Uninstall, Help, etc" Gargh, I'll take it back
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    I'm think no cd patches area almost legal when you have infact bought the game, well, at the very least there's no need to feel bad about using one if you do actually own the game.

http://m0001.gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_grid.shtml

And i assume the game will be installed c: - programfiles - codemasters.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by *goo View Post
    There's no other way to say this. You're screwed.

Codemasters dropped the ball big time with Grid. It was such a poorly developed PC game that their forum was inundated with massive amounts of complaints. What did Codemasters do? Nothing. They never fixed the problems and made 1.2 the final patch.

That's why I'll never buy another Codemasters game. I bought it day one and couldn't get it to run becuase of the .exe error. I actually returned it to Play.com with the complaint 'not fit for purpose' and got a full refund.

I wouldn't normally recommend this, but if you can find a 1.2 no_dvd .exe you might be able to get it to work. Don't hold out hope though.
    I don't know what version you played, but mine works perfectly fine. I have never had it crash once, and it loads perfectly fine.

The game is fine. And the OP didn't ask for a review on the game, he asked how to fix his problem.

As others recommend, try a no dvd patch. Can be found on gameburnworld.com

Athlon 64 X2 6000+ | PI-AM2RS780G Mobo | 2x2GB DDR2 800 | HD 4830 @ 655/1025, Rosewill 550W PSU | Samsung 500GB 7200RPM
    | Windows 7 x64 | Onkyo HT-S3100 5.1

Apprentice
    Which one do I download and how do I go about adding it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Apprentice
    You simply download the latest .exe file from gamecopyworld and replace your own .exe copy inside your installation folder, which is most likely in your C:// drive.
    500GB PS3, Original Fatty
    Samsung 46' 1080P w/ SS

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by HaTriX View Post
    I don't know what version you played, but mine works perfectly fine. I have never had it crash once, and it loads perfectly fine.

The game is fine. And the OP didn't ask for a review on the game, he asked how to fix his problem.

As others recommend, try a no dvd patch. Can be found on gameburnworld.com
    Congratulations, you were one of the lucky ones. Have a good look at their forums and you'll find plenty of people who had major issues. Myself being just one of them.

Your game is fine, his clearly isn't. Neither was mine. I played 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2. After that, the game was returned as it just didn't work.

Given that 1.2 is the latest patch to this day, Codemasters were not in the slightest bit interested in fixing the problem. Clearly, it still exists.

As for 'the OP didn't ask for a review on the game', it's not your place to decide what I (or anyone else) can or cannot put in their message. Especially when it's relevant to experience with the game.

Ironic that you feel the need to add nothing to a help thread but 'mine works' and pointless criticism. Great help.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by *goo View Post
    Congratulations, you were one of the lucky ones. Have a good look at their forums and you'll find plenty of people who had major issues. Myself being just one of them.

Your game is fine, his clearly isn't. Neither was mine. I played 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2. After that, the game was returned as it just didn't work.

Given that 1.2 is the latest patch to this day, Codemasters were not in the slightest bit interested in fixing the problem. Clearly, it still exists.

As for 'the OP didn't ask for a review on the game', it's not your place to decide what I (or anyone else) can or cannot put in their message. Especially when it's relevant to experience with the game.

Ironic that you feel the need to add nothing to a help thread but 'mine works' and pointless criticism. Great help.

Funny how you didn't read my whole post. But good try on that one. And bonus points for being an *******.

Athlon 64 X2 6000+ | PI-AM2RS780G Mobo | 2x2GB DDR2 800 | HD 4830 @ 655/1025, Rosewill 550W PSU | Samsung 500GB 7200RPM
    | Windows 7 x64 | Onkyo HT-S3100 5.1

I'm A Monster!
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    I'm think no cd patches area almost legal when you have infact bought the game, well, at the very least there's no need to feel bad about using one if you do actually own the game.

http://m0001.gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_grid.shtml

And i assume the game will be installed c: - programfiles - codemasters.
    you are right it is legal as long as you have bought the game but not if you buy the game install it add a no cd crack and return the game

Sig By FinalReaper.
    Socom/Trophy Card.

Elite Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I find it funny how you two picked up an argument exactly where it left off, one week later
    I once ate a dirty sock...don't tell anyone.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.
    UK>America. its just true

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by HaTriX View Post
    Funny how you didn't read my whole post. But good try on that one. And bonus points for being an *******.

Now now, there's no need for name calling. That's just being childish.

Not a good try at all though, you posted a link but there was already one given before you and the advice on a no dvd exe was already provided.

Lol.

Thread Information