View Poll Results: Bugatti Veyron or Mclaren F1?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bugatti Veyron

23 56.10%
  • Mclaren F1

18 43.90%
Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Master Guru

Bugatti Veyron vs Mclaren F1

2 great cars go head to head
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay-HAR6kYS4"]YouTube - Mclaren F1 vs Bugatti Veyron 16.4, Oh yeah!!![/ame]
    which one would you prefer?

I think id like the Mclaren to Be honest
    "Everything that has ever happened has been leading up to this very moment"

"What happened to bros before hoes?" "Well, this one isn't a hoe, so she's first."

Veteran
    Items Rolling StonesGTA IVDeadmau5NirvanaSackboyThe BeatlesJoker (limited ICON)Call of Duty: Black OPSGran Turismo 5GTA NikoNaughty DogModern Warfare 3
    ive always wanted veyron since i first seen it.looks awesome and it just ripped the mclaren in your clip.
    only bad thing is it probarly needed filled up straight after....can remember reading if you drive it flat out it runs outta fuel in 15 mins....not very practical

Veteran
    It's gotta be the Mclaren, i remember seeing one at knockhill and it is a truely beautiful car.

{Thanks Tribunal}

Provehito in Altum
    Veyron, hands down
    Rangers - Arsenal - Real Madrid - Loyal

Master Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It's got to be the Bugatti Veyron. I've been in love with them since I first saw them and they just look damn gorgeous. You saw it rip the McLaren to shreds just now but, like many of you have said, you'd probably have to refill the damn thing every time you want to go for a drive. Not that you'd mind, of course, you're driving the worlds sexiest car and the world damn well knows it.

Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.

Provehito in Altum
    the way I see it is, if you can afford to buy a Veyron, you can afford to run it lol
    Rangers - Arsenal - Real Madrid - Loyal

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    I'll go for the Veyron. I'm a sucker for high tech.
    Quote Originally Posted by V3nom View Post
    the way I see it is, if you can afford to buy a Veyron, you can afford to run it lol
    Good point there.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Master Guru
    Im not to sure on this but
    doesnt the Veyron have a W16 double twin turbo? yeh that would guzzle fuel but someone told me you can turn the 2 seperate V8 engines on seperately so couldnt u just use a twin turbo V8 when ur in the city or somewhere half the fuel?
    "Everything that has ever happened has been leading up to this very moment"

"What happened to bros before hoes?" "Well, this one isn't a hoe, so she's first."

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It is always gonna be the Veyron.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Airiaen
    The veyron is ugly, I prefer the Mclaran

Forum Elder
    Between the two? the bugatti Veyron, but if I could have any car in the world I'd go for the Ferrari FXX, just a shame you can't drive it on public roads.
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowHawk View Post
    go back to youtube, we don't like your kind here.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by lordAlucard View Post
    The veyron is ugly, I prefer the Mclaran
    I agree, the Veyron is as incredibly ugly design. I can separate the exotic nature of the car (the price, performance) from how it looks, and it the latter category, it's a butterface.

If you're going to compare, you should use the F1 GTR variant of the McLaren (~600HP, ~2000lbs). That would suck the headlamps out of the Veyron around a track (which for the record is a pig on a road course).

The new McLaren MP4 12C is an elegant design too. I'd take it miles before the Bughatti.

Superior Member
    I'm going with the McLaren. While the Bugatti is impressive, it seems to me that it was only built to go fast - in a straight line. What's it's cornering ability? How's the handling?

My thought: how does it race? The McLaren successfully won Le Mans. And not just that, it was a repeated winner in the BPR racing series (the precursor to the FIA GT). I just don't see the Veyron being a successful racer.
    Objects in mirror are losing.

Veteran

Veyron. Then I could sell it and buy a Zonda

Quote Originally Posted by rblanshard View Post
    I'm going with the McLaren. While the Bugatti is impressive, it seems to me that it was only built to go fast - in a straight line. What's it's cornering ability? How's the handling?
    It's probably faster round a track than the F1. On the Top Gear powerlap board nothing as comfortable or elegant is higher.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    I've never seen what all the fuss is about with respect to the veyron, it's an ugly car, and it's totally impractical.

james may once said about it:

the tyres will only last 15 minutes at speed, but it's not an issue, the fuel will only last 12
    this car was designed and built to fuel egoes more than anything else.
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

Forum Guru
    The F1 is 15+ year old technology, so I'm not even sure the technical comparisons are realistic.

FWIW, the C6 ZR1, Nissan GT-R, Porsche GT2 are all faster around the Ring than Porky Pig, and those are all fully creature comforted, road cars. Hell the GT3 is only 2 seconds behind it with a 600HP *deficit*.

The Veyron is only notable because it's super-duper expensive and to some extent the top end - my buddy SW did 241 in his Supra at the Texas Mile: full interior, street driven and was a completely grass roots supported effort.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    Quote Originally Posted by [DT] View Post
    The F1 is 15+ year old technology, so I'm not even sure the technical comparisons are realistic.
    and there's that fact to take into consideration. the F1 is hardly cutting edge
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

Dedicated Member
    The F1 for sure. It's much more beautyful and all in all cooler. The Bugatti as impressive as it is with all it's technology is ugly and I would never spend that much money (if I ever accumulate such wealth) on something so ugly even though it's fast as hell.

[spoiler=trophies][/spoiler]

Forum Elder
    Mclaren, even before I saw the video no doubt...

It just takes more guts to drive one, its racing bred where as the bugatti is more towards sport/luxury/(Im $#@!y and rich)... Sure they both cost loads, but Im with the Mclaren hands down, Plus BMW had a large role in it and I love the 24Crt Gold in the engine

Veteran

FWIW, the C6 ZR1, Nissan GT-R, Porsche GT2 are all faster around the Ring than Porky Pig, and those are all fully creature comforted, road cars. Hell the GT3 is only 2 seconds behind it with a 600HP *deficit*.

The Veyron is only notable because it's super-duper expensive and to some extent the top end - my buddy SW did 241 in his Supra at the Texas Mile: full interior, street driven and was a completely grass roots supported effort.
    I don't think a ring lap time is the best measure of performance. I mean when it comes down to it, should the driver stuff the datsun it's worth sod all in comparrison to a veyron so I doubt such a lap would be a real on the limit attempt

Apprentice
    So, yea, the Veyron isn't that big of a fuel guzzler. At its max speed of 253 mph requires a special setting in the car [key that lowers spoiler and lowers car to ground] and also required the german VW track to achieve said speed.

Although, normal driving is only ~8mpg, it def would be a show to go from 0-60 in 2.5seconds lol.

Although, I'd still prefer raw American Muscle over a such vehicles in general.

Linux Mint 13 "Maya" with the MATE 1.6 desktop environment.
    Long live the Penguin!

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by BigYoSpeck View Post
    I don't think a ring lap time is the best measure of performance. I mean when it comes down to it, should the driver stuff the datsun it's worth sod all in comparrison to a veyron so I doubt such a lap would be a real on the limit attempt
    If anything the Ring is infinitely more indicative of a wide range of performance attributes vs. the tiny Top Gear test track. Tons of rough patches, off camber sections, etc.

The Veyron weighs 4200 lbs - even with a jillion HP on tap, there's only so much contact patch available in the tires. So on a short track, it probably has a little advantage, but start shoveling that 4200 lb porker around for 7+ minutes and it's like giving a fat chick a piggy back ride: your legs give out sooner than later

Hahaha, that is pretty funny about the cost of the car. I can see the test drivers sweating and wondering how they'll explain a $1M accident. You might be on to something

Veteran

If anything the Ring is infinitely more indicative of a wide range of performance attributes vs. the tiny Top Gear test track. Tons of rough patches, off camber sections, etc.

The Veyron weighs 4200 lbs - even with a jillion HP on tap, there's only so much contact patch available in the tires. So on a short track, it probably has a little advantage, but start shoveling that 4200 lb porker around for 7+ minutes and it's like giving a fat chick a piggy back ride: your legs give out sooner than later

Hahaha, that is pretty funny about the cost of the car. I can see the test drivers sweating and wondering how they'll explain a $1M accident. You might be on to something
    Aye the ring is a better indication of what you will get out of a car in real life. But lets face it I doubt many super car owners are doing sub 8 minute laps in anything they drive.

I'd still take the Zonda though

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by BigYoSpeck View Post
    Aye the ring is a better indication of what you will get out of a car in real life. But lets face it I doubt many super car owners are doing sub 8 minute laps in anything they drive.

I'd still take the Zonda though
    Oh yeah, me too. Maybe we can get a deal on two?

Gaming Guru
    Mclaren. It is easily one of my favorite cars. Definitely my favorite supercar. It is just so sexy.

Thread Information