Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

[Playstation 3] Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Release Date: Sept.29, 2009
    MSRB: Mature
    Price: $24.99 (Used)
    Full 1080p

Ninja Gaiden first appeared in 1989 on the NES. The game found huge success and eventually released Ninja Gaiden II and III on the same system. 1991 was the last time we heard of Ryu until Ninja Gaiden appeared on the Xbox in 2004. Again with huge success Tecmo then released Ninja Gaiden Black on the Xbox in 2005. Black included extra cutscenes and difficulty settings.

In 2007, the remake to Ninja Gaiden Black appeared on the PS3 which was called Ninja Gaiden Sigma. This PS3 exclusive featured a new playable character, Rachel as well as some more extra features and new graphics.

In 2008, Ninja Gaiden 2 released on the Xbox 360. This was the first sequel to the 2004 Ninja Gaiden.

Well here we are in 2009 and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 has just released on the PS3. Since the very first one released in 1989, there has not been a single Gaiden game to dissappoint. Will Sigma 2 live up to all the great past releases and remakes? Read on and find out.....

Graphics - 8/10

If you liked the first Sigma game then you will love this one. Graphics are not much different this time around. Beautiful colors and artistic surroundings shine in high def. All of the characters in this game are very detailed and the women esepecially look good. Like Campbell's soup, MMM, mmm, good!

Sound - 9/10

The voice-overs are very very good. You can really tell that they put some effort in to finding good actors for this game.
    All of the fighting effects and ambiant noises sound good as well. Sound has really never been an issue in the Ninja Gaiden games.

One small gripe I might have is that Ryu does not have enough sound coming from him as he moves around. Of course he is a "ninja" and they are supposed be silent. With all the weapons he carries on his back, you would think you would hear some clanking going on there lol.

Gameplay - 8.5/10

Right from the start you begin fighting off enemies without any knowledge of how to fight. Hard and soft attacks is all you really have trying to focus on one enemy becomes a pain. Within the first 1-2hrs of gameplay you will learn nearly 95% of all your special moves and attacks.

Throughout the game you will find treasure boxes which could contain a select item of many available. Health, magic, or even enemies. Search for these as much as you can as these items you find will become very valuable to you as you progress.

There is also a store where you can purchase items and upgrade your weapons or spells. Each one as a 3 level max. These shops appear often as do the health/save points in the game. There are also hidden skulls which you collect to get discounts in the store. These skulls glow blue and are hard to miss when you see one.

Multiplayer - 9/10

You can play 2 player co-op online which includes 30 stages. 13 more stages than the single player mode.
    I had a blast playing online and everything was silky smooth.

Boss fights - 8.5/10

I added this part just for this game. The boss fights are mostly HUGE! The first boss you fight is some big greek statue which is really a pain in the butt to defeat so quickly in the game. You will even get to fight the "Statue of Liberty". A lot of these bosses remind me of God of War on the PS2 and soon to be PS3, WOOT!
    The problem with the large bosses is that they are all pretty much defeated in the same way. This begins to lose suspense and excitement as you start to see these large bosses later on. To mix it up a bit there are lots of mid sized bosses that you battle. A giant spider that is made of bones, a giant armadillo looking creature, a four armed werewolf, and many many more.
    There seems to be a trick to each boss that could make your job a little easier. The hard part is figuring out which weapon and spell works the best on that boss.

Overall - 8.75/10

Only in Sigma 2 can you play as the large breasted Rachel, Ayane, and Momiji. Ayane you may remember from Dead or Alive. Momiji is from the DS version of Ninja Gaiden. And Rachel returns from the previous Sigma.

The trophies come extremely easy at first. I managed to get about 23 trophies in the first 2hrs of playing. There are 51 trophies in total.

With the 3 new playable characters, extra stages, beautiful graphics, and online co-op. I have to give this game "Lethal's Stamp of Approval".

Pros:
    4 playable characters in all.
    51 trophies to obtain.
    Fun and action packed.
    Large breasted females.
    Elizabet gets fully nude
    2 player online co-op
    Full 1080p
    Stat tracking (View stats and play record)
    Ninja Cinema (Share cinema and mission results online)

Cons:
    Some boss fights get annoying
    Some of the trophies are going to take a lot of time.
    No busty red head?

Last edited by Lethal; 12-15-2012 at 22:24.

Super Elite
    I wouldn't mind them spinning off a NG with Hayate or Kasumi. Hayate is the underdog of the ninjas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] In the darkest abyss I still see you with my perfect sharigan young jedi!

Sonofparody
    Should I offer you my criticism?

Forum Guru
    Thanks for the review Lethal, my copy should be arriving any day. How do you think the save points compare with Sigma 1?

Master Guru
    Solid review. I'll definitely be picking up Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 down the line.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by micromagic View Post
    Thanks for the review Lethal, my copy should be arriving any day. How do you think the save points compare with Sigma 1?
    You run in to save points very often in the game. Just when you think there should be a save point......BAM! There it is.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    You run in to save points very often in the game. Just when you think there should be a save point......BAM! There it is.
    Good to hear. They were terrible in Sigma 1. Should help with the frustration level.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by micromagic View Post
    Good to hear. They were terrible in Sigma 1. Should help with the frustration level.
    The boss battles can get frustrating because some of them are pretty hard.

Well here is a plus. Elizabet gets fully nude at the Chapter 13 boss fight. Nice.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    InkedOne78
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Awesome review as usual Lethal. Want to pick this up but not sure when I'll be able too.

Thread Information