Latest PSU headlines:

Page 181 of 312 FirstFirst ... 171181191 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,525 of 7789
  1. #4501
    Forum Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol!!
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9,413
    Rep Power
    86
    Points
    33,660 (15,799 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    Nice Senns. Great headphones. You heard them with a good amp?

    As for the bass, its depends on your definition of bass. Real low deep hitting base or that overexagerated boomy base that the beats are know for?

    Base on the HD25s have a nice reach without blending with the mids. Needs to be heard to be appreciated. May not e the right cans for some baseheads out there tho.
    Yeah man, I use them for mixing do it always comes through nice and loud enough to rattle my eyes though I rarely use them even more than 3/4 now!

    And I agree with the bass comment, the bass on these is perfect (with a big fat dose of IMO) and the bass isn't exaggerated at all.

    As with all headphones you need to hear them to appreciate them. No going back from these for me though. I use them on my iPhone occasionally and they even sound good through that!

    As long as you don't care about they look you can't go wrong.

  2. #4502
    Veteran
    faaeng's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    .....pss..behind you
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,123
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    12,226 (0 Banked)
    Yeah they are nice amped for sure. I couldn't care less about how I look wearing cans in public. I care about my music. Got a Fiio E11 portable amp strapped to my phone pushing my AKG K271s when @ work. =p

    I always find it difficult explaining how headphone sound to people.

    unfortunately headphone are something you really should hear for yourself over hearing someones opinion you know?

    Everyones hearing is different as well as their audio needs, preferences and choice of music.

    You really shouldn't buy $200/$200+ headphones without at least hearing them yourself but it near impossible to most of the time unless their popular mainstream headphones which "typically" aren't all that great for the asking price. Worst part aboit that is most people don't realize there are better options for the same price or even less.
    Last edited by faaeng; 03-16-2012 at 02:08.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------


  3. Likes TheBreezyBB likes this post
  4. #4503
    Veteran
    bash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Age
    21
    Posts
    4,531
    Rep Power
    57
    Points
    1,736 (4,812 Banked)
    Items FuturamaLinuxBlizzardUser name style

    Don't have a good camera or lighting in my room so I'm going to post stock image. Keyboard: Das Professional S Silent. It's nice but I'm not sure if it was worth $126. I guess I'll wait and see, need to get used to this. It is definitely more comfortable to type on other than that fact it has no wrist rest. I think I'm going to have to buy one, can't get used to no wrist rest (old keyboard was the Logitech Wave which has a sick wrist rest.).
    2010 Lethal's FF League Champion

  5. #4504
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    7,978
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    42,328 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Bought a Seagate 750gb 2.5 7200 rpm hdd, for my PS3. Only $169.
    Might regret that in the future.

  6. #4505
    Suicide Season
    Sylar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    UK
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Age
    24
    Posts
    8,030
    Rep Power
    94
    Points
    129,426 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    Yeah they are nice amped for sure. I couldn't care less about how I look wearing cans in public. I care about my music. Got a Fiio E11 portable amp strapped to my phone pushing my AKG K271s when @ work. =p

    I always find it difficult explaining how headphone sound to people.

    unfortunately headphone are something you really should hear for yourself over hearing someones opinion you know?

    Everyones hearing is different as well as their audio needs, preferences and choice of music.

    You really shouldn't buy $200/$200+ headphones without at least hearing them yourself but it near impossible to most of the time unless their popular mainstream headphones which "typically" aren't all that great for the asking price. Worst part aboit that is most people don't realize there are better options for the same price or even less.
    Sounds like a pair of Skullcandy headphones I had lol, they were £55 which is about $86 USD and I was able to get a work mate use his discount on them and thank god I did! They fell off my table and broke straight away, had to chuck them out and I hadn't even had them for a year. The sound quality wasn't amazing either. They did look awesome though haha, they were Metallica ones


  7. #4506
    Forum Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol!!
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9,413
    Rep Power
    86
    Points
    33,660 (15,799 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I used to have a pair of SkullCandys many years ago but I always thought they were whack. Sounded like you were listening to music behind a closed door

  8. #4507
    PSU Trophy Manager
    Fenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Age
    24
    Posts
    11,588
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    18,978 (1,000 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by bash View Post

    Don't have a good camera or lighting in my room so I'm going to post stock image. Keyboard: Das Professional S Silent. It's nice but I'm not sure if it was worth $126. I guess I'll wait and see, need to get used to this. It is definitely more comfortable to type on other than that fact it has no wrist rest. I think I'm going to have to buy one, can't get used to no wrist rest (old keyboard was the Logitech Wave which has a sick wrist rest.).

    Curious, why was that $126? My Logitech G15 costed me $100 and as far as I can see it has macro keys, backlight, and media control button that yours lack. Infact yours look like a normal keyboard you get with computers lol o.o

    Sig&Av by Kuro

    Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

    PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4


    PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

  9. #4508
    Power Member
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,335
    Rep Power
    124
    Points
    55,376 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    ITs full mehanical and PS2 not USB you know like keyboards used to be 20+ years ago.
    I got rid of my IBM clicky a few years ago wish I hadn't now they are quite sought after.

    I joined the Sold state race today.


  10. #4509
    Forum Guru
    [DT]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Vilano Beach, FL
    Posts
    3,867
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    17,992 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Curious, why was that $126? My Logitech G15 costed me $100 and as far as I can see it has macro keys, backlight, and media control button that yours lack. Infact yours look like a normal keyboard you get with computers lol o.o
    The Das has kickass key switches.


    Recently purchased:




    The punchline? Also recently returned
    "Remember, you're young only once but you can be immature forever."

  11. #4510
    Master Poster
    ex nihilo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,360
    Rep Power
    67
    Points
    1,998 (3,000 Banked)
    I ordered these items here:



    and I also bought these items right here:



    PS4|PS3|PS2|PS1|PSVITA|XBOX 360|XBOX|N64|3DS XL|DSi|Gameboy Advance|Gameboy Color|PC

  12. #4511
    Forum Guru
    [DT]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Vilano Beach, FL
    Posts
    3,867
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    17,992 (0 Banked)
    I saw that Crucial kit was on sale a few days ago, almost pulled the trigger, but I decided not to crack this beast open yet

    I’m running the Logitech Anywhere MX (uses the same unified receiver) on my MBP and to works +great+! The extra buttons are super helpful in OSX (and Windersİ), there a nice Preferences app, and for the record the K800 keyboard works really well too (uses the same receiver, etc.)
    "Remember, you're young only once but you can be immature forever."

  13. #4512
    Master Poster
    ex nihilo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,360
    Rep Power
    67
    Points
    1,998 (3,000 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by [DT] View Post
    I saw that Crucial kit was on sale a few days ago, almost pulled the trigger, but I decided not to crack this beast open yet

    I’m running the Logitech Anywhere MX (uses the same unified receiver) on my MBP and to works +great+! The extra buttons are super helpful in OSX (and Windersİ), there a nice Preferences app, and for the record the K800 keyboard works really well too (uses the same receiver, etc.)
    Yeah, this is actually my second order for the crucial ram kit. My first one I put in my mini a few days ago, and when realizing my laptop takes the exact same ram, I decided to upgrade that . That would be nice for the buttons on the m510 to work well for OS X like the Anywhere MX. I've been using a wired MX310 for almost 9 years now! I decided to get a wireless mouse in addition to it, and the back and forward buttons were something I definitely didn't want to leave behind.
    PS4|PS3|PS2|PS1|PSVITA|XBOX 360|XBOX|N64|3DS XL|DSi|Gameboy Advance|Gameboy Color|PC

  14. #4513
    Forum Guru
    R_Mac_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,560
    Rep Power
    60
    Points
    6,860 (0 Banked)
    I just put some crucial ram in my five year old gateway laptop a few days ago. Doubled it to a whopping 2 gigs.

    It seems to run better now, though.

    + Tapatalking on HTC Rezound +


  15. #4514
    Suicide Season
    Sylar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    UK
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Age
    24
    Posts
    8,030
    Rep Power
    94
    Points
    129,426 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by ex nihilo7 View Post
    I ordered these items here:



    and I also bought these items right here:



    Good choice with Lights man, she does some pretty decent stuff. I always enjoy her acoustic versions on youtube as well

  16. #4515
    Forum Guru
    [DT]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Vilano Beach, FL
    Posts
    3,867
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    17,992 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by ex nihilo7 View Post
    Yeah, this is actually my second order for the crucial ram kit. My first one I put in my mini a few days ago, and when realizing my laptop takes the exact same ram, I decided to upgrade that . That would be nice for the buttons on the m510 to work well for OS X like the Anywhere MX. I've been using a wired MX310 for almost 9 years now! I decided to get a wireless mouse in addition to it, and the back and forward buttons were something I definitely didn't want to leave behind.

    RAM-o-Rama!


    Yeah, check it, Logitech system control for mice (from my machine):



    "Remember, you're young only once but you can be immature forever."

  17. #4516
    Veteran
    bash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Age
    21
    Posts
    4,531
    Rep Power
    57
    Points
    1,736 (4,812 Banked)
    Items FuturamaLinuxBlizzardUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Curious, why was that $126? My Logitech G15 costed me $100 and as far as I can see it has macro keys, backlight, and media control button that yours lack. Infact yours look like a normal keyboard you get with computers lol o.o
    It uses the cherry mx brown mechanical key switches which are smoother and provide a bit of a tactile feedback (small bump) when they key is activated. They also last like 10x+ longer (~50 million key presses (per key) vs 1-5 million) than normal keyboards. They drawback to mechanical keyboards is that they aren't really silent.

    http://www.overclock.net/t/491752/me...keyboard-guide
    2010 Lethal's FF League Champion

  18. #4517
    Master Sage
    Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bowling
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Posts
    12,918
    Rep Power
    106
    Points
    19,414 (0 Banked)
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Lights? Nice. Didn't know you guys were into Canadians lol.


  19. #4518
    Power Member
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,335
    Rep Power
    124
    Points
    55,376 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The 510 does it have a smooth mouse wheel that spins for ages? If so it is the only thing I miss from my G9 mouse.

    Quote Originally Posted by [DT] View Post
    RAM-o-Rama!


    Yeah, check it, Logitech system control for mice (from my machine):



    Last edited by keefy; 03-16-2012 at 21:50.

  20. #4519
    Master Guru
    Funeralfog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Camas, Washington USA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    6,543
    Rep Power
    64
    Points
    2,180 (0 Banked)
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    just bought a bottle of Jim beam


    Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

  21. Likes Ghost likes this post
  22. #4520
    Veteran
    faaeng's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    .....pss..behind you
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,123
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    12,226 (0 Banked)
    I'm partial to Crown myself, but nice way to start the weekend.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------


  23. #4521
    Forum Guru
    R_Mac_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,560
    Rep Power
    60
    Points
    6,860 (0 Banked)
    Some delicious beer from the great Stone Brewing.



  24. Likes [DT] likes this post
  25. #4522
    PSU Trophy Manager
    Fenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Age
    24
    Posts
    11,588
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    18,978 (1,000 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by [DT] View Post
    The Das has kickass key switches.
    Quote Originally Posted by bash View Post
    It uses the cherry mx brown mechanical key switches which are smoother and provide a bit of a tactile feedback (small bump) when they key is activated. They also last like 10x+ longer (~50 million key presses (per key) vs 1-5 million) than normal keyboards. They drawback to mechanical keyboards is that they aren't really silent.

    http://www.overclock.net/t/491752/me...keyboard-guide
    Oh, interesting. Just, you know, had to ask what the big thing about em was lol. Actually sounds pretty good, never knew those kind of keyboards existed o.o For future knowledge. any idea if those kind have backlight? :P

    Sig&Av by Kuro

    Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

    PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4


    PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

  26. #4523
    Veteran
    bash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Age
    21
    Posts
    4,531
    Rep Power
    57
    Points
    1,736 (4,812 Banked)
    Items FuturamaLinuxBlizzardUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Oh, interesting. Just, you know, had to ask what the big thing about em was lol. Actually sounds pretty good, never knew those kind of keyboards existed o.o For future knowledge. any idea if those kind have backlight? :P
    Razer BlackWidow. It's meant more for gamers, has backlighting (ultimate edition) , usb hub (ultimate edition), macro keys and media keys. It uses mx blues which are more louder than the browns though (it has audible feedback (clicky sound)). There is also a silent verison but canadians get screwed over because they only sell it though their site and they charge crazy amount of shipping fees ($38 for 2-4 week shipping without tracking).

    Edit:
    BTW when they say silent they mean not as loud as blues, not actually silent. Blues have a high pitched clicky sound (which people like or hate), browns are more of a lower tone.

    This is a good video to watch.



    What he also doesn't mention in that video is the activation force, each of they key switches are different. You can find out about it in the mechanical keyboard thread.
    Last edited by bash; 03-17-2012 at 09:02.
    2010 Lethal's FF League Champion

  27. #4524
    Veteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Switzerland
    PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Posts
    4,129
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    95,216 (4,000 Banked)
    Got it for only 20 franks


    And got this Steelseries 9HD surface for my new computer.

  28. #4525
    Veteran
    bash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Age
    21
    Posts
    4,531
    Rep Power
    57
    Points
    1,736 (4,812 Banked)
    Items FuturamaLinuxBlizzardUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Got it for only 20 franks


    And got this Steelseries 9HD surface for my new computer.
    Do mouse pads really help? I've never really found a use for them personally.
    2010 Lethal's FF League Champion

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 6 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 6 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.