Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    BilLCollecTTor

Online Survey Hints at Avatar Gaming Space

http://www.gamestooge.com/2009/10/07...-gaming-space/

If i remember correctly last year didn't Aaron Greensbrug say that Home was 2005 tech in 2008.. So why is MS thinking of a Home clone..

Elite Member
    Maybe I missed some of the article, I didn't see much reference to home or clone.

Just looking for a name for some arcade game-room.

I didn't see any reference to apartments, stalkers or perverts.

I couldn't help it sorry. I don't actually think that, but it made me laugh anyway.

Seriously though, you would think xbox live arcade would be good enough, simple, not confusing, already exists. Just toss an avatar skin around it if that's what they want to. They are already about to offer a bunch of stuff i don't care about(twitter/facebook), why not add to it.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Items PS3 Slim LogoRaidenNoctisFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy Versus XIIINaughty Dog
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Xbox 360 May Get Its Own Avatar Arcade

The Xbox 360 may be getting its own retro-themed arcade space, an environment that looks remarkably similar to the one competitor Sony offers in PlayStation Home. The above pictures come from a rumored survey hinting at an "AvatArcade." The name AvatArcade, despite its awkward camel-capping, is one of the better naming options being surveyed, according to details forwarded to Kotaku by a tipster. The others include Game Room, RetroCade, RetroGame, Game Preserve, Game Gallery, Tower of ROM, Tower of Game(s), Classics and Classics LIVE. Yes, Tower of ROM is far superior, but we just don't see that one sticking.
    The survey info passed on to Kotaku doesn't offer much in the way of further details, but does indicate that publisher Atari will likely be one of the company's with a presence in the proposed space. The virtual arcade cabinets appear to feature playable copies of Atari's RealSports Baseball and Realsports Basketball, not to mention heavy Atari logo branding.
    Looks like Intellivision games may also be on offer, as banners for Shark! Shark! and Star Strike hang in the same space. If those games are representative of the titles that would appear in the "AvatArcade," we're not sure what's so arcade-y about this.
    The survey also hints that Microsoft may be charging for the Avatar-supported game room, asking surveyees what title would "compel" them to purchase the product.
    We've checked in with Microsoft to see what they have to say.
    Update: This is what they have to say: "Microsoft does not comment on rumors or speculation." I'm sure you never saw that coming.
    http://kotaku.com/5376338/xbox-360-m...-avatar-arcade

not sure what I think about this

Cool.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    BilLCollecTTor
    I posted this already..

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Items PS3 Slim LogoRaidenNoctisFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy Versus XIIINaughty Dog
    well I merged the threads, never saw your thread

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/07/su...tar-retrocade/

Quote Originally Posted by Agriel View Post
    not sure what I think about this
    My thoughts exactly. So now just like home we have to wait online to play a game? This came out of left field.

Superior Member

Microsoft developing Avatar Home

The Xbox 360 may be getting its own retro-themed arcade space, an environment that looks remarkably similar to the one competitor Sony offers in PlayStation Home. The above pictures come from a rumored survey hinting at an "AvatArcade."

The name AvatArcade, despite its awkward camel-capping, is one of the better naming options being surveyed, according to details forwarded to Kotaku by a tipster. The others include Game Room, RetroCade, RetroGame, Game Preserve, Game Gallery, Tower of ROM, Tower of Game(s), Classics and Classics LIVE. Yes, Tower of ROM is far superior, but we just don't see that one sticking.

The survey info passed on to Kotaku doesn't offer much in the way of further details, but does indicate that publisher Atari will likely be one of the company's with a presence in the proposed space. The virtual arcade cabinets appear to feature playable copies of Atari's RealSports Baseball and Realsports Basketball, not to mention heavy Atari logo branding.

Looks like Intellivision games may also be on offer, as banners for Shark! Shark! and Star Strike hang in the same space. If those games are representative of the titles that would appear in the "AvatArcade," we're not sure what's so arcade-y about this.

The survey also hints that Microsoft may be charging for the Avatar-supported game room, asking surveyees what title would "compel" them to purchase the product.

We've checked in with Microsoft to see what they have to say.

Update: This is what they have to say: "Microsoft does not comment on rumors or speculation." I'm sure you never saw that coming.
    Source

It was only a matter of time until Microsoft copied Sony again lol.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Shock

Forum Sage
    awesome, copy everything you can MS thats all i can say!, everyone is copying everyone so they might aswell. copy copy copy aslong as its good. Home is awful but the arcade part could be cool to hang around in
    WII FRIEND CODE = 5509 0447 7406 7959

Rapture
    God.

WHY??

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    God.

WHY??
    That's what I say. If you're gonna copy something,at least make it something good. Like putting an HDD into your console, making wireless controllers standard or creating an on-line network for your console.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    BilLCollecTTor
    already posted 2 other times..

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222434

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by double cross View Post
    http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/07/su...tar-retrocade/

My thoughts exactly. So now just like home we have to wait online to play a game? This came out of left field.
    Where did you see anything about waiting to play?

SixAxisRumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Dyack View Post
    That's what I say. If you're gonna copy something,at least make it something good. Like putting an HDD into your console, making wireless controllers standard or creating an on-line network for your console.
    D

Rapture
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Dyack View Post
    Er, ok. Not quite sure where that came from.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Er, ok. Not quite sure where that came form.
    ... under the bridge.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    as has been state already this has been posted already, being that there are a number of comments already I will go ahead and merge the topics.

Mr. Ten-A-Key!
    Items User name style
    In all honesty who didn't see this coming, it was only a matter of time. I'm not trying to diss Sony but HOME wasn't all that great lets just hope that MS has better luck.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Er, ok. Not quite sure where that came from.
    obviously flamebaiting....the HDD comment is sony copying MS with HDD in every console, wireless controllers because the 360 was first to release so that makes it automatically the first, so apparently sony/nin also copied wireless controllers(according to our friendly neighborhood baiter). the last one is obvious psn.

good thing im not in the mood to chow down. anyways, hopefully MS can implement the features well and make it accessible to EVERYONE! not just gold members

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Unfortunately for Silver users YM, I think this will be another case of being a Gold perk.

SixAxisRumble
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoMantis View Post
    In all honesty who didn't see this coming, it was only a matter of time. I'm not trying to diss Sony but HOME wasn't all that great lets just hope that MS has better luck.
    This looks/sounds like nothing like Home? And am sure it wont be hyped as much as Home to flop the way Home has.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by SixAxisRumble View Post
    This looks/sounds like nothing like Home? And am sure it wont be hyped as much as Home to flop the way Home has.
    uhh the arcade section of HOME?! you know, with the pool table and all the arcade machines?! isnt that HOME or am i missing something?

SixAxisRumble
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    uhh the arcade section of HOME?! you know, with the pool table and all the arcade machines?! isnt that HOME or am i missing something?
    You think Home invented virtual pool tables? or Arcade machines?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Quote Originally Posted by SixAxisRumble View Post
    You think Home invented virtual pool tables? or Arcade machines?

Well you can't deny the simularatys of this and Home arcade. That said I doubt it will be exactly like home, though I wouldn't doubt if this happans and is profitable they will add more features. I could see them giving different games their own space and such. Again this is just a survey and may never even happen.

Thread Information