Latest PSU headlines:

View Poll Results: Will you purchase the new iPad?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

13 19.70%
  • no

32 48.48%
  • Undecided.

12 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 396 111 ... LastLast
    Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

The Official Apple Thread: Introducing the new, thinner, lighter...

I thought about making a everything Apple thread so there's one thread for all Mac, iPod, iPhone and just about everything else Apple make!

Share pictures of set up's, recent purchases, cool Applications for both iPhone and iMac and just generally chat to like minded Apple fans.

I will start!

I have a early '09 Aluminium Macbook, 2.4ghz, 4gb ram, 250gb hdd.
    I'm also running Snow Leopard which is the best OS ever in my opinion.

I also have access to the Google Chrome developers build if anyone would like the link, just ask!
    Last edited by 33x; 10-13-2010 at 20:55.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

2. Likes F34R wishes they had posted this first.
    Veteran
    Items Rolling StonesGTA IVDeadmau5NirvanaSackboyThe BeatlesJoker (limited ICON)Call of Duty: Black OPSGran Turismo 5GTA NikoNaughty DogModern Warfare 3

apple pie mmmmmmmmm

Earthbound
    Hmm now that does look nice!

But wether it belongs in this thread is up for debate :P
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Veteran
    Items Rolling StonesGTA IVDeadmau5NirvanaSackboyThe BeatlesJoker (limited ICON)Call of Duty: Black OPSGran Turismo 5GTA NikoNaughty DogModern Warfare 3
    lol title is everything apple..
    i have a tiny ipod thing that i never use
    quite fancy an iphone too

Ultimate Veteran
    Old MacBook in plastic, one iPod Video 30 gig and an old broken iPod 20 gig. Top that with an iPhone 3G 16 gig.

Alos running Snow Leopard works well for me!

Veteran
    For you Snow Leopard users, in case you didn't read my thread, there is a very dangerous glitch in the software that can cause all the data in your user account to be deleted.

It happens by logging into the guest account and then trying to log back into a user account.

Just be careful!

Edit: Apparently it will delete the data on all the accounts. Do not log into the guest account.
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by weskurtz81 View Post
    For you Snow Leopard users, in case you didn't read my thread, there is a very dangerous glitch in the software that can cause all the data in your user account to be deleted.

It happens by logging into the guest account and then trying to log back into a user account.

Just be careful!

Edit: Apparently it will delete the data on all the accounts. Do not log into the guest account.
    Apparently this only happens if you have done an upgrade from Leopard, I did a clean install so I'm out of the woods! But a nasty bug indeed!

Earthbound
    Yeah definitely not a bug you want to just stumble across!!

Master Guru

2 x Apple iPhones (32gb 3GS, 8GB 3G)
    1 x 80gb iPod classic
    1 x 32gb iPod touch
    1 X imac

i love apple.

first apple product i ever bought was the 4gb ipod mini in silver and it just went from there.

cant wait for the next iphone.
    Wii # 8752-0092-2306-9612
    PSN ID : pez555

Earthbound
    Quote Originally Posted by Pez_555 View Post
    2 x Apple iPhones (32gb 3GS, 8GB 3G)
    1 x 80gb iPod classic
    1 x 32gb iPod touch
    1 X imac

i love apple.

first apple product i ever bought was the 4gb ipod mini in silver and it just went from there.

cant wait for the next iphone.
    No way!

Same with me, thats when Apple used to give you everything before they realised they were throwing money out of the window.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i remember getting the iPod, USB2 cable, Firewire Cable, Plug and possibly a desktop charging dock (might of dreamt that last accessory up but the rest I am sure about). Also got the usual Apple stickers, and iTunes on a CD :O Now that should go on eBay!

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    No way!

Same with me, thats when Apple used to give you everything before they realised they were throwing money out of the window.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i remember getting the iPod, USB2 cable, Firewire Cable, Plug and possibly a desktop charging dock (might of dreamt that last accessory up but the rest I am sure about). Also got the usual Apple stickers, and iTunes on a CD :O Now that should go on eBay!
    Yeah when I bought my first iPhone I can remember getting two headphones pair!! And those black fluffy things to protect your ears. Also got an USB cable and a firewire cable and a wall charger. Cant remember a docking station.

Apple stickers you still get Got to love them!

Master Guru
    I'm running an Alu. Macbook, 2.0GHz, 4GB of Ram, 500GB HDD. I wanted an iPhone but I'll wait another two years to get one when they should have a 128GB version out by then lol.
    Mac Mini 2.3GHz i5, 500GB HD, 8GB Ram; 16GB iPhone 5; 16GB iPad mini

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat

I have a early '09 Aluminium Macbook, 2.4ghz, 4gb ram, 250gb hdd.
    I'm also running Snow Leopard which is the best OS ever in my opinion.
    dont try using the guest account mate.

and yeah im not the biggest apple fan, although i cant wait until i get my iPhone. and im now having to teach myself final cut, becuase my college changed from PC's running premier pro to macs running final cut this year. also means that i cant really edit at home..................
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a ****, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

Apprentice
    i got the macbook pro right before the unibody came out. 15 inch hooked up to my 40" samsung lcd tv

apple wireless keyboard with logitec wireless mouse

PSN: Hologram777

Earthbound
    Currently the Apple Store is down online, people are speculating there launching new iMacs, MacBooks and accessories including a new mouse and keyboard!!

EDIT:

There up.

New iMacs with SD card slot (about time) also much bigger screens in a 16:9 format.

MacBook: entry level MacBook has a unibody design, still made from plastic though, MacBook Pro style track pad.

Magic Mouse: Multi gesture mouse, think of iPhone style control for your desktop mouse.

Master Poster
    Currently the Apple Store is down online, people are speculating there launching new iMacs, MacBooks and accessories including a new mouse and keyboard!!

EDIT:

There up.

New iMacs with SD card slot (about time) also much bigger screens in a 16:9 format.

MacBook: entry level MacBook has a unibody design, still made from plastic though, MacBook Pro style track pad.

Magic Mouse: Multi gesture mouse, think of iPhone style control for your desktop mouse.
    Much better screen, not a fan of the wireless mouse and keyboard standard though . Good sizes though. I may think about buying one in the near future (been looking at macs for a while to get back into my photoshopping and such heh). As for the laptops I am impressed that they kept it at 999 dollars but would have liked to see a backlit keyboard. That would be the only reason I go with the 13 inch MacBook Pro over the new MacBook.

Anyways the coolest thing they launched today was most definitely the mouse. It looks like it is kind of using the same technology as the multi-touch screen on the iPhones as well as the touch pads on their laptops. Very sleek.

Damn for another couple thousand dollars I need to come up with to buy new stuff .

Ultimate Veteran
    Give me a 27" iMac NOW!!! Damn that's sexy!

dose the look alikie count because it a new invastion for popularity.:2gun::2gun:

Elite Member

Why is the macbook 999? This is a serious question, if people really were getting great deals like mac owners say they are this company would not be pooping money. Their GM is through the roof.
    ****I7 920, GTX295 EVGA, 6gb OCZ****
    ***********Sony 40v4100***********
    **************60gb Ps3*************
    *******Arcade 360 w/ 20gb add-on*****

Apprentice
    if you can afford it and want it then get an apple. if not then quit complaining cause there's nothing you can do. period.

PSN: Hologram777

Elite Member

All i'm saying is why is a machine with those parts so pricey? Apparently nobody can answer that. The number one thing i see when people ask about macs is "i hear they don't get viruses, maybe i should buy one." I don't think the 27 iMac is priced too high but this macbook is off the wall. And i'm not complaining, i'm asking a simple question that no one in the mac community can answer and have it be meaningful. The best company in the world makes some of their crap.

Ultimate Veteran
    If you compare what you get when you buy a mac compared to let's say an HP, you will find there isn't a huge differnce in price. Then the build quality is way better then average. And the software that comes pre-installed on a mac is pretty expensive if your looking for Windows alternatives.

Not to mention that mac's are way more sexy then most "pc's"

Mm..waffles..
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by scottscorpion View Post

apple pie mmmmmmmmm
    Dude, I am so jealous. lol
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    If you compare what you get when you buy a mac compared to let's say an HP, you will find there isn't a huge differnce in price. Then the build quality is way better then average. And the software that comes pre-installed on a mac is pretty expensive if your looking for Windows alternatives.

Not to mention that mac's are way more sexy then most "pc's"
    Give me this http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1218123849552 over a 2000 dollar mac any day. And yes it does come with Corel video and photo editing software.

Earthbound
    360DiedOnMe, I will try to answer your question, why are they so expensive for the parts used, I hope my answer satisfies and educates you.

They are priced what they are for a number of reasons, the main reason in my opinion is the build quality. Go look at the Macbook Pro and please tell me if you know of a laptop that has that build quality, not just the aluminium casing but the little details. The battery indicator lights, the sleep light that glows through the casing etc.

The iLife suite is without a doubt the most comprehensive suite of software that I own. It's free, I can edit music, video, pictures, make a web page all very easily. The video editing is great, it is non destructive so it's great if you are not a pro and worried about messing up on that important video.

Apple have to price there computers like this, how else can they fund the research they put into not only computing, but the audio industry too. People will pay this amount of money for a Mac computer, Apple can justify it, if they needed to get the money from other products then we would all pay double for iPods and accessories be thankful to Mac owners as they bear the brunt.

The great thing about a iMac is the software and hardware is engineered by the same company, it is designed to go together where Windows can be installed on any old machine.

I work in electrical after sales for a major UK department store and I will post picture evidence of why I will never by a HP computer in my life, we call it the HP Tower. Picture will come soon.

That HP is not too bad, but for that money in all seriousness consider a Mac. 6GB Ram, Windows can only use 3gb in 32Bit and 64Bit mode is pretty much useless unless you have 32Gb Ram. Thats my biggest gripe with people who say Mac's are so under specced. Truth is they're not. They are less resource hungry as Pc's, 2GB of Ram in a Mac is more than enough, they do not slow down at all I for one was sick of my Pc grinding to a hault after 12 months use. I have had my iMac desktop 2 years now and it is as good as day one.

It's all to do with the OS and how it accesses the data. Defragmentation on a Windows Pc does help a bit, but with Mac's you don't have to do it at all because of how the data is saved.

Thread Information