View Poll Results: Will you purchase the new iPad?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

14 20.59%
  • no

34 50.00%
  • Undecided.

13 19.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 397 FirstFirst ... 1121 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    DID THEY drop the price for the ipod touchs??
    No, don't expect iPod updates before September/October.
    Other opinions are available.

Veteran
    Haven't seen enough to make it a purchase for me. It needs some sort of desktop/folder interface and iWork or some kind of way to do word documents on it (though I'm sure developers will get on that quickly), but right now, it's meh.

I do WANT it. If only for the App Store and for developing on it.

EDIT: Nevermind. That's one less thing to worry about, I can bring it to class and take... very poor notes on it. It'd be kind of hard, but that's one thing I would've wanted to do with it.

I still wish it had a OS X type of interface though, or at least a sort of combination between OS X and iPhone OS interfaces. Or a way to organize your files. I think I want this though.

"All forces. There stands Gallia.
    Claim Her!"
    Big ups to Kwesnoth for sig+av

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Feli

I still wish it had a OS X type of interface though, or at least a sort of combination between OS X and iPhone OS interfaces. Or a way to organize your files. I think I want this though.
    OS X is not built for touch input. Take the stop lights buttons for an example, they are way to small to hit with your finger. Even starting apps from the OS X dock would be hard.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    OS X is not built for touch input. Take the stop lights buttons for an example, they are way to small to hit with your finger. Even starting apps from the OS X dock would be hard.
    They could make it bigger

Nah, but I guess my point was, I didn't want a (mostly) unchanged Iphone OS in the Tablet.

"All forces. There stands Gallia.
    Claim Her!"
    Big ups to Kwesnoth for sig+av

Forum Guru
    Items User name style
    Yeah... maybe someone can make an app that works like OSX
    Vengeful is amazing<3

Ultimate Veteran
    An interesting thing is that OS X couldn't run on that iPad. OS X is not complied to run on ARM chips (which I pressume the A4 is).

Veteran
    Items FuturamaLinuxBlizzardUser name style
    Why would anyone get that? Just get a Netbook, you can't multitask on that thing and you can't even run flash.

An interesting thing is that OS X couldn't run on that iPad. OS X is not complied to run on ARM chips (which I pressume the A4 is).
    Yes, the A4 is ARM according to wiki.
    2010 Lethal's FF League Champion

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by illbashu View Post
    you can't even run flash.
    Why would you want to do that? Flash is dying, and Apple is holding the blade. Both YouTube and Vimeo uses HTLM5 with H.264, flash will soon not be necessary.

Veteran
    Items FuturamaLinuxBlizzardUser name style
    Why would you want to do that? Flash is dying, and Apple is holding the blade. Both YouTube and Vimeo uses HTLM5 with H.264, flash will soon not be necessary.
    The HTML player is gimed at the moment and there are still a ****load of sites that use flash (NFL,NHL, NBA, ESPN, CNN, BBC etc.)
    2010 Lethal's FF League Champion

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by illbashu View Post
    The HTML player is gimed at the moment and there are still a ****load of sites that use flash (NFL,NHL, NBA, ESPN, CNN, BBC etc.)
    What HTML player? I bet all of those sites will switch to H.264 sooner or later.

Veteran
    What HTML player? I bet all of those sites will switch to H.264 sooner or later.
    I can understand both sides of this argument, and I personally tend to side on the more choices are better side. I tend to prefer that a format die a natural death rather than be forced, when I am pushed I tend to push back. Apple is pushing users and companies (because it can, not really faulting them for that) but my first reaction is to push back. I don't like being restricted from viewing certain sites because they run flash (the current industry standard, but likely will be replaced in a few years).

But, flash has turned into a hog, so it's not a bad thing that it's getting replaced, or being forced to get back to the basics.
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"

Ultimate Veteran
    i dont think this ipad will sell well like illbashu it dont have a lot of stuff on it.

Master Guru

incase anyone is interested i found a thread with some iphone 4G concepts, very good looking imo, and would be very tempted to sell my 3GS and get one if these were the real things..

http://www.spaziocellulare.com/forum...ad.php?t=89097
    Wii # 8752-0092-2306-9612
    PSN ID : pez555

Ultimate Veteran
    I'm defiantly getting the next iPhone, my iPhone 3G is really torn out so I need a new one. I'd buy it if it looks the same, I'm fine with the iPhone design tbh. I've heard they might make the screen a little bigger, but I'm not confident in that happening. I also don't think it will be named iPhone 4G considering 4G is synonymous with LTE networks so they probably want to save that name for a future iPhone with support for LTE (4G)

A question for people here in countries where you can pre-order the iPad, have you done so and what model did you go for?

Forum Guru
    I'm almost certain a buddy of mine ordered an iPad - I'll have to remember to contact him and confirm, see what he ordered [if he did].

Dedicated Member
    Memphis, TN (Home of STAX records, Sun Studios, Beale Street, Graceland, Hi Records, Ardent Studios
    A question for people here in countries where you can pre-order the iPad, have you done so and what model did you go for?
    I have not preordered because I can't decide whether the 3G will be worth the extra $130.... I think I may just get the 32gb wifi only.

A coworker ordered the wifi only 16GB version. I am thinking I will want the extra GBs, but I will mainly be streaming stuff from my computer, so I don't need tons of space.

Why would anyone get that? Just get a Netbook, you can't multitask on that thing and you can't even run flash.
    There is a whole thread on this issue, but the main reason is the apps, form factor, and tilt sensor for gaming. If that is not a good enough answer, you can get more detail in the other thread.

The flash issue is not really important to me. Most of the flash on the web is related to advertising that I can live without. I have Slingbox app on my iPhone, so I can already get all the video my PVR will hold, Hulu/Netflix/Amazon, and all of the movies on my computer's hard drive using sling or Orb.

If ESPN or other news sites do not offer anything but Flash, I will just use my CBS Sports app and other apps to get video of the latest news. Actually, I would not be surprised if ESPN already had an app with video that works on the iPhone.(I only use their Sports score app).

Multitasking is the one big issue for me, but I think I can live without it since Ptunes has XM and other music sources, while allowing the user to browse the web. Also, unlike the iPhone, I would mainly use this at home, where I have better music sources than an iPad.

Ultimate Veteran
    I would have gone for the 32GB wifi model myself if I could buy it over here. Seems like the perfect model to start with then upgrade in like 2 years.

As for multitasking it's supposed to be in iPhone OS 4.0 according to rumors.

Dedicated Member
    Memphis, TN (Home of STAX records, Sun Studios, Beale Street, Graceland, Hi Records, Ardent Studios
    I would have gone for the 32GB wifi model myself if I could buy it over here. Seems like the perfect model to start with then upgrade in like 2 years.

As for multitasking it's supposed to be in iPhone OS 4.0 according to rumors.
    I ended up ordering the 32GB wifi only version the other day. Now the wait begins...

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by uofmtiger View Post
    I ended up ordering the 32GB wifi only version the other day. Now the wait begins...
    Sweet. I haven't heard back from my friend I mentioned above, but I'm 98% sure he'd do the same (very likely wifi-only).

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    I personally like the 3G model having the ability to have unlimited data without contract is very convenient.

Forum Sage
    Just a general question but is there an iPod classic version of Monopoly or Doom?

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox View Post
    I personally like the 3G model having the ability to have unlimited data without contract is very convenient.
    I considered it, but the $130 was too much considering I have wifi at home and at work (where I will use the iPad at least 95 percent of the time).

I also have Mywi (which sets up a wireless network using 3G) on my iPhone for those few times I need to use it when I am out of wifi range. I do like the idea of getting a 30 day contract for trips and such, but I couldn't see paying $130 (plus the cost of the 30 day subscription) for it. My gf says I should have gotten the 3G because she thinks I will regret it the first time we go out of town. I guess we will have time to test her theory... Although, if I do miss it, I will have a great reason to upgrade to version 2 or 3 of the iPad .

I should mention that one of our company's employees that travels quite a bit orderd the 3G version. I would have done the same if I was in that specific situation.

Ultimate Veteran

Credit to foxtrot.com

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    I'm starting to get annoyed by my Magic Mouse... Don't get me wrong it is great and works flawlessly, but the battery life seems to be getting worse and worse to me. I know it just comes down to me being on the computer so much and forgetting to turn it off but I think that there should be some sort of available setting like an automatic shut off...

As for the iPad... My parents really seem fascinated by it, and are considering getting one. I personally don't care for it, as I already have enough things to make up for it, and most of all, the size is just really inconvenient and awkward.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    If my PC sells this week Ill be getting an Apple laptop, forgot name sorry. The 17" pro is like 1700 which is the price of the 27" Imac top spec. Might compromise for 15" pro or a lower spec Imac and Ipad.
    I'm worried they might bring a newer laptop out in the coming months and then I'll be annoyed

Thread Information