View Poll Results: Will you purchase the new iPad?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

14 20.59%
  • no

34 50.00%
  • Undecided.

13 19.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 13 of 397 FirstFirst ... 31323 ... LastLast
    Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Lol, I wonder if it would have still turned on lol.
    I was hoping that they would try to turn it on to answer that question...
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Elite Guru
    A pic says more than words
    Feed the troll

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Quote Originally Posted by bubano View Post
    Haha. If Apple gets that in their hands it'll be ripped off the internet for sure.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The difference being the one to the left is usable and the one with the stylus (really?) has no usable function at all. Its not the number of functions that makes the product, it's the functions that you can actually use thy matters, Apple makes there money making products you can use.

FYI, check out the Newton older then the piece of crap you posted.
    Other opinions are available.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    The difference being the one to the left is usable and the one with the stylus (really?) has no usable function at all. Its not the number of functions that makes the product, it's the functions that you can actually use thy matters, Apple makes there money making products you can use.

FYI, check out the Newton older then the piece of crap you posted.
    Words.

I'll keep my response short. First of all the HP piece was no piece of crap.
    There are seven years since that product launched. I would expect improvements in technology, even though the OS in the Apple device is "simple" and more convenient to use.
    Feed the troll

Ultimate Veteran
    Words.

I'll keep my response short. First of all the HP piece was no piece of crap.
    There are seven years since that product launched. I would expect improvements in technology, even though the OS in the Apple device is "simple" and more convenient to use.
    What would you like to do with the iPad that you can't? You just want more specs to have a longer list to read?

Tablets aren't nothing new, that's no secret. Apple is trying to make a tablet that actually sells, none has done that yet. All phones sucked before the iPhone, it's the sane thing with tablets.

Elite Guru
    What would you like to do with the iPad that you can't? You just want more specs to have a longer list to read?

Is that how you go into a store, for buying a new computer or a new phone? Well, good luck.

Tablets aren't nothing new, that's no secret. Apple is trying to make a tablet that actually sells, none has done that yet. All phones sucked before the iPhone, it's the sane thing with tablets.
    Alright, thanks for the lesson. Can't argue with that statement.
    Feed the troll

Ultimate Veteran
    Is that how you go into a store, for buying a new computer or a new phone? Well, good luck.

Alright, thanks for the lesson. Can't argue with that statement.
    No, I buy my products after how easy to use they are and if they fill my needs, that's why I tend to stick to Apple and Sony.

And I stands by the phone statement, the smartphones weren't very smart and the rest of the phones were well phones...

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    bubano, now you just are having a mean tone when responding to his post. Consumers in the electronics industry decide which products suit their needs and are good products through sales. If someone wants to get something leave them to it, surely consumers see something in the iPad over a tablet pc. News for you: Tablet PC's have been around since 80's even though many were touting the PC tablet hype in the 2000's people really found no need for a PC tablet (except in niche markets) because the stylus was cumbersome and because the OS was the same as desktop OS's and offered no centralized experience. What is the reason I think people are attracted to the iPad, well partly I think its because its not trying to be a computer and has its own unique operating system which has a good multi-touch web browsing experience, and many apps which capitalize on the screen real estate + multi touch.

You cannot deny the revolutionary effect the iPhone had on the market, to do so would imply that you blindly hate Apple. I think in many ways the iPhone paved the way for Android and changed our perspectives on mobile browsing, multi-touch, and mobile applications.

Elite Guru
    Sorry, I give up arguing with you guys. Mean? News? Lol
    You guys really can't see the fun with the picture?
    Feed the troll

Ultimate Veteran
    Sorry, I give up arguing with you guys. Mean? News? Lol
    You guys really can't see the fun with the picture?
    No, it looks like it was designed by an 11-year old with extremly limited photoshop experience and it's not accurate, the iPad has a 3.5mm stereo headphone jack.

Master Guru

apple rule

/thread.
    Wii # 8752-0092-2306-9612
    PSN ID : pez555

Elite Guru
    fanboys
    /thread
    Feed the troll

Ultimate Veteran
    fanboys
    /thread
    Jackass who can't argue like an adult
    /universe

Elite Guru
    Jackass who can't argue like an adult
    /universe
    Jackass??
    Christ sucker!
    If I don't agree with your fanboy thermology, I'm a jackass? Lol
    Look at yourself. Everything beside Sony and Apple is crap. That's actually what you said.
    Well, in my world that is how a true childish fanboy react. Admit it.
    Feed the troll

Superior Member
    Jackass??
    Christ sucker!
    Look at yourself. Everything beside Sony and Apple is crap. That's actually what you said.
    Lmfao, come on man you can't call someone a fanboy if you posted the biggest troll-esque picture you could find on 4chan.

On top of that, the OS of the 7-year old system (XP) was dependent on all the ports not found on the ipad, whereas the iPad OS does not require any of that.

If you can say with a clear-conscious that you'd take the hp over the iPad, then theres nothing I can say except spend that 267.00 right away, upgrade the ram to 2gb and install win7 asap.

As for the legitimacy of the iPad, I'll be getting the 2nd generation one due to my experiences with 1st gen apple products, I think this is a great add-on to someone who has a legit PC and needs a portable, long battery life device for simple tasks. The 3g, along with all the benefits being an apple product gives it (consumer/financial/development support) is what separates it, and defines it, from netbooks. I feel like currently I use my 2k laptop to preform most of the tasks the iPad could do just as easily, but at less than 50% the carry-cost, proving infinitely better for me to haul around as an university student.
    All in all, it's a luxury item. No one "needs" an iPad, but a lot of people certainly want it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PS3 Owner Since Jan 1st '07 | Wii Owner Since Dec 06
    Bottom line, no one on the internet cares about you / anyone else. Stop acting like they do.
    http://instantjump.com

Ultimate Veteran
    Jackass??
    Christ sucker!
    Calling people fanboys is a jackass move, people do that when they don't feel they have an angle to attack, they take to measures of personal insultue, that's a jackass move.

And I didn't say everything besides Sony and Apple is crap, I said I usually prefer there products because I find them to suit my needs and are very often designed to be nice to look at and easy to use.

But I rock a lot if things that aren't Apple or Sony made.

Veteran
    Just seen this and had to lmao
    I still use my TC1100 everyday to this day.

Actually came across someone with an ipad not long ago. I played around with it a bit as he tinkered with my HP. Not much time past (I wasn't impressed honestly) so I requested my tablet back and was told "hold on a second. This is really nice. Where'd you get it?"
    I responded "Circuit City, like.... 6 years ago...."

He was dumbfounded. lmao

btw, the iPad does have a standard 3.5mm stereo headphone jack. The illustration says it has none.

Battery life should also be by far better with the iPad. I get about 4 hours off of a full charge browsing the web over wifi with my TC1100 but that is with the backlight down.

The display on the iPAD by far surpases that of my HP. You can actually see the screen in direct sunlight. =P

I still prefer my HP. It's of much more use to me then the iPad would be.
    I also have a 320Gb HDD in it aswell. Illustration says 40-80Gb which it does comes with standard, but should list it as upgradable. =P

Dont forget the detatchable/swivel full keyboard aswell. =)

View flash media, multi-task? lol

Not hating on the iPad. It just doesn't suit me personally that's all. =))
    To say Tablets never sold, is a bit of an understatement. If they never sold, noone would be making them anymore because they dont sell. They (Apple) just want to make their own that goes mainstream. They want another hip trendy product for people to want.

All phones sucked before the iPhone? ok, that's enough. You need to take them off that high pedestal you seam to have them on. Seriously.

I've absolutely got nothing against Apple. I actually prefer OS X over Windows by along shot, but COME-ON....
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    View flash media, multi-task? lol
    Flash is dead, beating a dead horse. The iPhone OS has multitasking it just don't have multitasking for third-party applications (Everything points to that being in iPhone OS 4.0)

Not hating on the iPad. It just doesn't suit me personally that's all. =))
    To say Tablets never sold, is a bit of an understatement. If they never sold, noone would be making them anymore because they dont sell. They (Apple) just want to make their own that goes mainstream. They want another hip trendy product for people to want.
    Tablets did never sell well, it's a well know fact everyone has failed, that's what's pointing for that the iPad will also fail, we shall find out soon enough.

And don't buy and iPad, no one is holding a Kindle to your head saying they going to beat if you don't buy and iPad.

All phones sucked before the iPhone? ok, that's enough. You need to take them off that high pedestal you seam to have them on. Seriously.

I've absolutely got nothing against Apple. I actually prefer OS X over Windows by along shot, but COME-ON....
    To ME all phone sucked before the iPhone, the iPhone was the first phone I've had or tried I actually enjoyed, now there's HTC phones and whatnot that's also good but everything was really crappy before the iPhone that's my opinion.

And yes, OS X is way better the Windows, coming for a switcher about 2 years ago, I couldn't love OS X more.

Veteran
    Flash is dead, beating a dead horse. The iPhone OS has multitasking it just don't have multitasking for third-party applications (Everything points to that being in iPhone OS 4.0)

Tablets did never sell well, it's a well know fact everyone has failed, that's what's pointing for that the iPad will also fail, we shall find out soon enough.

And don't buy and iPad, no one is holding a Kindle to your head saying they going to beat if you don't buy and iPad.

To ME all phone sucked before the iPhone, the iPhone was the first phone I've had or tried I actually enjoyed, now there's HTC phones and whatnot that's also good but everything was really crappy before the iPhone that's my opinion.

And yes, OS X is way better the Windows, coming for a switcher about 2 years ago, I couldn't love OS X more.
    Flash is dead because Apple says so and are the only people to not support it? Flash is alive and well. It may be dying, but it is not dead yet. Don't get me wrong. I hate flash as much as the next guy. It is alot of times the cause of many issues people have with their computer and/or browser in general, but HTML 5 is not the standard. Flash currently still is and for Apple to not allow it on the iPad is a drawback no matter how you try and spin it, so no. It's not beating a dead horse. More like Apple trying to beat the horse dead.....

It multitasking 1st party apps but not third party I would consider limited-multitasking. If it can do 1st party apps, why not 3rd party? It would seam Apple doesn't care about 3rd party apps aside from profiting from selling them to me. I sure as hell hope it is apart of iPhone OS 4.0, but damn. It sure as hell would've been nice for them to include it into there tablet offering youd think. In a phone, I can semi understand. A tablet? Not so much.

Depends on your definition of selling well. Tablets obviously sold well enough for companies to continue making new models year after year otherwise they would've stopped producing them long ago. There is no point continuing to make and try to sell a product year after year if they are not selling well.THAT would've been beating a dead horse. They just they didn't hit the mainstream "everyone's got to have one" mentality like Apple is striving for with the iPad. It doesn't mean that they do not sell well. I wish them luck in their endeavour. Doesn't mean I'll support them with it. I wish no ill will on nobody.

As for you saying all phones sucked pre iPhone for you. I can't argue with you there if you put it that way, but that's not what you said the first time. You cant argue ones personal opinion. =)

I gave my opinion and said that it wasn't for me personally. I'm pretty sure that pretty much means i'm already not going to buy it don't you think? There was no need to act out and tell me what to or not to buy. I think you take Apple a little to seriously and seem to just want to lash out at people for giving their opinions on the matter.

Maybe I'm understanding you wrong. If so, I apologise, but it sure seamed that that was what you just did to me just because I said it's not for me. It's a little difficult grasping ones tone when speaking through text however so maybe I'm wrong.

As for Windows, the only good that comes of Windows is all the money I make fixing Windows PCs. lmao. OS X is a great OS and is constantly being refined over time unlike Win which is pretty much scrapped and rebuilt from scratch every few years, but I'm a Linux man myself. One thing I do miss, Adium. Oooo I miss Adium SOooooo much. It's the one thing I miss from my G4.

I'm just not very keen on the limited hardware options that Apple offers. Basically, if you've a Mac, you've got the same exact PC as everyone else who has a Mac. I like choices, whether it be hardware or purely aesthetic. My Asus has genuine leather trim and palmrests, swivelling cam and a f-print scanner for security. I like having a little individuality. Know what I mean?
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Master Guru
    Creamfields, 10 feet away from the Swedish House Mafia.
    Hahahaha.

Someone needs to make some massive prints of this pic and go wheat paste it onto every single Apple store in the world.

I love Apple, i buy ALOT of their products, but this picture just sums up the iPad in spectacular fashion.

Ultimate Veteran
    Flash is dead because Apple says so and are the only people to not support it? Flash is alive and well. It may be dying, but it is not dead yet. Don't get me wrong. I hate flash as much as the next guy. It is alot of times the cause of many issues people have with their computer and/or browser in general, but HTML 5 is not the standard. Flash currently still is and for Apple to not allow it on the iPad is a drawback no matter how you try and spin it, so no. It's not beating a dead horse. More like Apple trying to beat the horse dead.....
    Pretty much all major websites either support H.264 with HTML5 or have plans to do so in the near future. Only thing people might actually miss is Flash games. But they wouldn't work that well anyway since they are often built for keyboard and mouse. Most people probably couldn't give a rats *** about flash ads.

One thing that bugs me is people saying that Flash is a standard, it's not there's three official standards for the web; Javascript, HTML and CSS. Not flash.

Fla**** multitasking 1st party apps but not third party I would consider limited-multitasking. If it can do 1st party apps, why not 3rd party? It would seam Apple doesn't care about 3rd party apps aside from profiting from selling them to me. I sure as hell hope it is apart of iPhone OS 4.0, but damn. It sure as hell would've been nice for them to include it into there tablet offering youd think. In a phone, I can semi understand. A tablet? Not so much.
    I'm willing to bet a fortune Apple intended to have third-party multitasking in iPhone OS 3.2 (the OS the iPad runs) but couldn't find a way to do it elegantly and efficiently. Rumors have it they have worked out the kinks and it's a go for 4.0, so if nothing unexpected happens you'll have it in the summer.

Depends on your definition of selling well. Tablets obviously sold well enough for companies to continue making new models year after year otherwise they would've stopped producing them long ago. There is no point continuing to make and try to sell a product year after year if they are not selling well.THAT would've been beating a dead horse. They just they didn't hit the mainstream "everyone's got to have one" mentality like Apple is striving for with the iPad. It doesn't mean that they do not sell well. I wish them luck in their endeavour. Doesn't mean I'll support them with it. I wish no ill will on nobody.
    They did not sell well enough to make the industry go "dang tablets is the future" people some analysts and journalists consider the iPad the future though.

As for you saying all phones sucked pre iPhone for you. I can't argue with you there if you put it that way, but that's not what you said the first time. You cant argue ones personal opinion. =)
    No you can't, but can you honestly say me you don't think the iPhone has made the phone market better then it was pre iPhone?

I gave my opinion and said that it wasn't for me personally. I'm pretty sure that pretty much means i'm already not going to buy it don't you think? There was no need to act out and tell me what to or not to buy. I think you take Apple a little to seriously and seem to just want to lash out at people for giving their opinions on the matter.

Maybe I'm understanding you wrong. If so, I apologise, but it sure seamed that that was what you just did to me just because I said it's not for me. It's a little difficult grasping ones tone when speaking through text however so maybe I'm wrong.
    If my post came out that way I apologize. That was not intended, everyone is entitled to but whatever they want, I'm just trying to point out some pro's about the iPad.

As for Windows, the only good that comes of Windows is all the money I make fixing Windows PCs. lmao. OS X is a great OS and is constantly being refined over time unlike Win which is pretty much scrapped and rebuilt from scratch every few years, but I'm a Linux man myself. One thing I do miss, Adium. Oooo I miss Adium SOooooo much. It's the one thing I miss from my G4.
    Haha me to! Got to love to sweep for spyware and viruses I have a pretty long list of people who's computers I fix, they are all Windows computers o_O

I'm just not very keen on the limited hardware options that Apple offers. Basically, if you've a Mac, you've got the same exact PC as everyone else who has a Mac. I like choices, whether it be hardware or purely aesthetic. My Asus has genuine leather trim and palmrests, swivelling cam and a f-print scanner for security. I like having a little individuality. Know what I mean?
    Yeah choices would certainly be nice, but for me the Apple computers are good enough imho, not to keen on gaming on PC's to be honest. The cons with Apple hardware is acceptable to me because of the OS.

Master Guru

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/05/a...ent-april-8th/

upcoming iPhone OS4 event April 8th.

Hoping this will mean those rumours of an early 2010 iphone launch are true.....
    Wii # 8752-0092-2306-9612
    PSN ID : pez555

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Pez_555 View Post
    http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/05/a...ent-april-8th/

upcoming iPhone OS4 event April 8th.

Hoping this will mean those rumours of an early 2010 iphone launch are true.....
    Saw that fantastic news! Doubt an early iPhone release though, don't think Apple has enough engineers to both build the iPad and the next iPhone to launch so early each other.

I expect preview and SDK of iPhone OS 4.0, to be released this summer without them giving the exact date. WWDC in June/July new iPhone's preloaded with 4.0, update available to old customers 3-5 days before the new phones ship.

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    I have in front of me a shiny, new iMac and love it! However, every 30 minutes or so it does this awkward sound like it wanted to notify me of something.

Does anyone know what it might be?

And while we're at it: Do you also know how to automatically save passwords or log-in data in Safari? I'm tired of entering my passwords every time I want to check my mails.

Thread Information