Latest PSU headlines:

View Poll Results: Will you purchase the new iPad?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    14 20.59%
  • no

    34 50.00%
  • Undecided.

    13 19.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 23 of 397 FirstFirst ... 132333 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 575 of 9913
  1. #551
    Ultimate Veteran
    Tutankhamun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    21,503
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    2,334 (16,356 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by uofmtiger View Post
    I agree.

    Since I have had a wifi iPad since the release date, I can say that it gets tons of use and has cut into my iphone, laptop, and PC use. While I don't perform large spreadsheet tasks on it, I do read magazines, news, the web, etc... on it most of the time. It is just easier and quicker to use than a laptop for general media consumption.
    Yeah. Can't wait to get my hands on an iPad! I will go to New York in August so if they haven't released one here by then I'll get one there. What size did you get?
    Other opinions are available.

  2. #552
    Dedicated Member
    uofmtiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Memphis, TN (Home of STAX records, Sun Studios, Beale Street, Graceland, Hi Records, Ardent Studios
    Posts
    1,050
    Rep Power
    51
    Points
    5,543 (0 Banked)
    I got the 32GB wifi version. I really did not want to spend too much on this first version, but 16GBs was just not enough. It seemed like the best compromise. I still don't regret not waiting on 3G, either.

    Also, I was having issues with it asking for my wifi password every time I used it. I had an older Linksys wifi router, so I upgraded it to an Airport Extreme and the problems went away.

  3. #553
    Ultimate Veteran
    Tutankhamun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    21,503
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    2,334 (16,356 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by uofmtiger View Post
    I got the 32GB wifi version. I really did not want to spend too much on this first version, but 16GBs was just not enough. It seemed like the best compromise. I still don't regret not waiting on 3G, either.

    Also, I was having issues with it asking for my wifi password every time I used it. I had an older Linksys wifi router, so I upgraded it to an Airport Extreme and the problems went away.
    I think I will get the 32GB version to, if they have dropped prices before August I can get a bigger one but I don't think they will. I don't think I need 3G either, not this time around anyway.

    Those wifi issues are pretty common, it seems it has to do with having b/g devices on the same network as N devices, the airport extreme uses to frequencies so that's not an issue there.
    Other opinions are available.

  4. #554
    Master Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,978
    Rep Power
    88
    Points
    19,841 (0 Banked)
    FYI there is now a jailbreak for anyone running 3.1.3 for all iPhones.

    http://spiritjb.com/

    i have just done mine and is working . However Cydia is getting hammered right now so some apps are not available for download (most notably Rock as i need it to get my themes back!)
    Wii # 8752-0092-2306-9612
    PSN ID : pez555

  5. #555
    Master Guru
    THUGGEDOUT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Jamming to Lamb of God with Pinhead...
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Posts
    7,121
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    145,281 (905,285 Banked)
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Quote Originally Posted by Pez_555 View Post
    FYI there is now a jailbreak for anyone running 3.1.3 for all iPhones.

    http://spiritjb.com/

    i have just done mine and is working . However Cydia is getting hammered right now so some apps are not available for download (most notably Rock as i need it to get my themes back!)
    Just heard about this not too long ago. I have my 3GS on 3.1.2 and it's been blackra1n'd, not really in a rush to use spirit though as I haven't had to reboot my iPhone since I jb it...


    "When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."




  6. #556
    Master Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,978
    Rep Power
    88
    Points
    19,841 (0 Banked)
    yea i recently was having battery problems so updated to 3.1.3 the other day however this thing is good.

    3.1.3 also seems to considerably improve battery life, im sitting on 1 hours usage and still on 95% battery.
    Wii # 8752-0092-2306-9612
    PSN ID : pez555

  7. #557
    Veteran
    Next Level's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    23
    Posts
    969
    Rep Power
    42
    Points
    3,895 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pez_555 View Post
    yea i recently was having battery problems so updated to 3.1.3 the other day however this thing is good.

    3.1.3 also seems to considerably improve battery life, im sitting on 1 hours usage and still on 95% battery.
    Will I need to look at a guide on how to install?

    While I wait for a response, I'll have a go anyway

    Edit:

    Ok, is that all I need to do or is there a next step?

    Also, can you undo the JB?

  8. #558
    Master Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,978
    Rep Power
    88
    Points
    19,841 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Next Level View Post
    Will I need to look at a guide on how to install?

    While I wait for a response, I'll have a go anyway

    Edit:

    Ok, is that all I need to do or is there a next step?

    Also, can you undo the JB?
    yea mate literally as easy as downloading the link it and clicking the jailbreak. it will add cydia to your springboard after restoring.

    and yea can be undone, you would just need to restore to 3.1.3 through itunes .
    Wii # 8752-0092-2306-9612
    PSN ID : pez555

  9. #559
    Veteran
    Next Level's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    23
    Posts
    969
    Rep Power
    42
    Points
    3,895 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pez_555 View Post
    yea mate literally as easy as downloading the link it and clicking the jailbreak. it will add cydia to your springboard after restoring.

    and yea can be undone, you would just need to restore to 3.1.3 through itunes .
    Ah, good to know.

    You can still download from the App store right?

  10. #560
    Ultimate Veteran
    Tutankhamun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    21,503
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    2,334 (16,356 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Next Level View Post
    Ah, good to know.

    You can still download from the App store right?
    Yeah that's not a problem, and you should do that, don't pirate your apps. It will kill the App Store.
    Other opinions are available.

  11. #561
    Veteran
    Next Level's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    23
    Posts
    969
    Rep Power
    42
    Points
    3,895 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    Yeah that's not a problem, and you should do that, don't pirate your apps. It will kill the App Store.
    Didn't plan to. Most things there are cheap anyway, wouldn't be much point.

    Anybody recommend any things to look at installing? All I've got so far is the 5 icon dock.

  12. #562
    Master Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,978
    Rep Power
    88
    Points
    19,841 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    Yeah that's not a problem, and you should do that, don't pirate your apps. It will kill the App Store.
    this. Devs put in a lot of time into their paid apps in Cydia so always show your support by giving them a little on the side.

    Quote Originally Posted by Next Level View Post
    Didn't plan to. Most things there are cheap anyway, wouldn't be much point.

    Anybody recommend any things to look at installing? All I've got so far is the 5 icon dock.
    mxtube is a good one, its basically an app that allows you to download youtube videos free.

    download some themes, my favourite is Illumine however im not sure if it is on there anymore?

    Glass Orb Color is a good one also. Those are my fave but a nice google search and you will be occupied for hours on end.

    xGPS is a good one also, basically free Satnav (not as good as tomtom etc but is free so cant complain).
    Wii # 8752-0092-2306-9612
    PSN ID : pez555

  13. #563
    Veteran
    Next Level's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    23
    Posts
    969
    Rep Power
    42
    Points
    3,895 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pez_555 View Post
    this. Devs put in a lot of time into their paid apps in Cydia so always show your support by giving them a little on the side.



    mxtube is a good one, its basically an app that allows you to download youtube videos free.

    download some themes, my favourite is Illumine however im not sure if it is on there anymore?

    Glass Orb Color is a good one also. Those are my fave but a nice google search and you will be occupied for hours on end.

    xGPS is a good one also, basically free Satnav (not as good as tomtom etc but is free so cant complain).
    Mxtube sounds good.

    As for themes, I've downloaded a few but not liked any, mainly because the icons from Apps downloaded off the App store don't change with the theme so everything looks out of place.

    So far I've got:

    Proswitcher
    SBSettings
    Poof
    Torrentula - Not sure if to use this yet.
    Five Icon Dock

    I'll see if I can find a theme that doesn't make me cringe

    +rep btw.

  14. #564
    Master Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,978
    Rep Power
    88
    Points
    19,841 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Next Level View Post
    Mxtube sounds good.

    As for themes, I've downloaded a few but not liked any, mainly because the icons from Apps downloaded off the App store don't change with the theme so everything looks out of place.

    So far I've got:

    Proswitcher
    SBSettings
    Poof
    Torrentula - Not sure if to use this yet.
    Five Icon Dock

    I'll see if I can find a theme that doesn't make me cringe

    +rep btw.
    if you are good with computers you can edit the themes by using openSSH, its an app on cydia that basically allows you to get into the root directory of all of the stuff on the iphone when you connect it to the computer. For example you can download a theme and change/create icons on your computer to replace the icons on your springboard by changing them in the root directory on the phone.

    i did this with glass orb color, changed and found some of the icons by searching on google.

    modmyi.com is a good place for this.

    be careful though, once you delete something default on the phone its gone unless you restore the phone.

    oh and by the way, i would change your root password ASAP if you are jailbroken, follow this guide:

    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=5883

    Its basically to stop people hacking your phone. this is also the same password you would use for SSH if you decide to download it.

    have a little search on google regarding the SSH stuff as it can be quite complicated.

    and thanks for the rep!
    Wii # 8752-0092-2306-9612
    PSN ID : pez555

  15. #565
    Ultimate Veteran
    Tutankhamun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    21,503
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    2,334 (16,356 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    You need to know bash if your going to use SSH, it's quite easy to learn those commands though, lots of help on the Internet to.
    Other opinions are available.

  16. #566
    Dedicated Member
    uofmtiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Memphis, TN (Home of STAX records, Sun Studios, Beale Street, Graceland, Hi Records, Ardent Studios
    Posts
    1,050
    Rep Power
    51
    Points
    5,543 (0 Banked)
    My favorite Rock/Cydia apps

    Mywi - lets you setup a wireless network. Allows me to connect to the internet from my iPad when I am not in wifi range.

    My3G - lets you trick any program into thinking it is running on wifi. Great for programs like Zinio that require you to download their mags over wifi.

    categories - this allows you to create folders for apps (music, news, social, etc..).

    Backgrounder - multitasking

    Kirikae - helps manage background apps

    music controls - lets you control music apps by creating a bar at the top of the page.

    Lockinfo - for control of the lockscreen

    I pay for all my apps.

  17. #567
    Ultimate Veteran
    Tutankhamun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    21,503
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    2,334 (16,356 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Has anyone tried Angry Birds for iPhone? I'm totally addicted to that game now Wondering if anyone else is playing it?
    Other opinions are available.

  18. #568
    Forum Elder
    Killller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    21
    Posts
    2,518
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    1,014 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    Has anyone tried Angry Birds for iPhone? I'm totally addicted to that game now Wondering if anyone else is playing it?
    Dude that game and DoodleJump are all i've been playing for WEEKS! lmao.

    "All that really belongs to us is time; even he who has nothing else has that."
    [Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.6GHz, XFX HD 4890, 4GB ram]

  19. #569
    Ultimate Veteran
    Tutankhamun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    21,503
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    2,334 (16,356 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Killller View Post
    Dude that game and DoodleJump are all i've been playing for WEEKS! lmao.
    Hehe, Doodle Jump is also super addicting Totally my two favorite games on the iPhone.
    Other opinions are available.

  20. #570
    Forum Sage
    Noxia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    England, South West
    Age
    29
    Posts
    7,719
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    6,327 (0 Banked)
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    Sold my iPhone pending new model release. Wanted max value for it. iMissing it lots (see wut I did there)

  21. #571
    Ultimate Veteran
    Tutankhamun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    21,503
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    2,334 (16,356 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxia View Post
    Sold my iPhone pending new model release. Wanted max value for it. iMissing it lots (see wut I did there)
    Only 33 days left to WWDC! Some rumors have it they will start selling the day after WWDC or the same day, so who knows.
    Other opinions are available.

  22. #572
    Forum Sage
    Noxia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    England, South West
    Age
    29
    Posts
    7,719
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    6,327 (0 Banked)
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    Only 33 days left to WWDC! Some rumors have it they will start selling the day after WWDC or the same day, so who knows.
    Yeah I heard this too (wonder why lol). I presume it will be global and not just US?

    Be nice to see official specs although I'm happy with the current OS and functionality, new one just looks a LOT better aesthetically IMO.

  23. #573
    Ultimate Veteran
    Tutankhamun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    21,503
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    2,334 (16,356 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxia View Post
    Yeah I heard this too (wonder why lol). I presume it will be global and not just US?

    Be nice to see official specs although I'm happy with the current OS and functionality, new one just looks a LOT better aesthetically IMO.
    Might be just US, I just hope they get here (Sweden) before August when I go to New York, I was planing on buying a video camera for the trip but if the new iPhone can do HD I don't think I'll need one. Might just get a better digital camera instead.
    Other opinions are available.

  24. #574
    Forum Sage
    Noxia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    England, South West
    Age
    29
    Posts
    7,719
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    6,327 (0 Banked)
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    Hmmm judging on previous battery life I'd say get a camcorder.

  25. #575
    Ultimate Veteran
    Tutankhamun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    21,503
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    2,334 (16,356 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxia View Post
    Hmmm judging on previous battery life I'd say get a camcorder.
    Yeah that's true didn't think about battery life. The question is how much I'm going to film, not sure on that tbh.
    Other opinions are available.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.