View Poll Results: Will you purchase the new iPad?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

14 20.59%
  • no

34 50.00%
  • Undecided.

13 19.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 345 of 397 FirstFirst ... 335345355 ... LastLast
Results 8,601 to 8,625 of 9913
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    Thanks for the info. @f34r. Last rumor i read said the mbp would have ivy bridge CPU with NVIDIA GT640m GPU, retina display thunderbolt usb3.0 thinner shell, no optical drive and would cost about 100$ more than the current line. How reliable is the source (digitimes) i have no idea but the specs seem pretty much in line with what's coming up from asus, acer etc.
    So we DID get Ivy bridge + Kepler (Gt650m), retina display and no optical drive

Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    Digitimes is this reliable: http://techland.time.com/2012/05/14/...-apple-rumors/
    Not at all.
    OOOOPS, looks like they were pretty close this time on the 15"!!!

Who knows what the specs will be? The best way to predict what Apple will do is to go back and look at history.

Apple almost always make their products thinner and lighter. So that's a given, anyone can guess that. USB 3.0 isn't a stretch since Ivy Bridge will have that incorporated on the chipset. Retina display will obviously come to Mac's someday, so guessing that isn't a stretch either. You'll be right eventually. No optical drive would fit in with the MBA which Jobs called the future of Mac's. So that's a smart bet. A $100 price increase isn't something Apple does with their products ever.

Apple rumors today are almost useless, when Apple wasn't as big there was more of a point reading rumors because everyone knew they we're rumors and the financial benefit of writing about rumors was very small. Today, Apple rumors is a massive business thus the incentive to make them up is that much bigger.
    BIG MAJOR OOOPS!!!!! Everything got the price hike!!! Guess history is not so reliable after all!!!

Well good news is, whith these specs, I'M BUYING!!!!!!!!

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    No matte/antiglare screen option on the new mbp is a mistake.
    The screen isn't like the screens on the last generation MBP's (old non-retina ones) it is more like a MBA screen.

From the Macworld hands-on

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Snell
    Apple says that the process used to attach the Retina display to the monitor allows less glass to be used, creating less glare. It's hard to tell without more use, but it seems that the new MacBook Pro is more like the MacBook Air (which I don't find particularly glare-prone) than the older MacBook Pros (which seemed quite glarey).
    So we DID get Ivy bridge + Kepler (Gt650m), retina display and no optical drive

OOOOPS, looks like they were pretty close this time on the 15"!!!
    Sorta but not really. They didn't really nail that the New Retina MacBook Pro (what a name) would be an entirely new product. But they did better than usual. But I guess if you throw a lot of $#@! against the wall, some of it will stick eventually.

BIG MAJOR OOOPS!!!!! Everything got the price hike!!! Guess history is not so reliable after all!!!

Well good news is, whith these specs, I'M BUYING!!!!!!!!
    Erm no? The MBA got cheaper, the Mac Pro stayed the same so did the older MBP's. And the New Retina MacBook Pro is a new product so that that didn't have a prior price.

Master Sage
    Seriously tempted to pick up a new MacBook. Damn, they're gorgeous.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    *cough* mac pro *cough*
    hah. True.

Oh well, here's some light into the desktop tunnel.

David Pogue: New iMacs and Mac Pro's Coming "Probably in 2013" [Update]

Monday June 11, 2012 4:30 pm PDT by Jordan Golson

According to New York Times technology columnist David Pogue, Apple still believes in desktop Macs, including both the iMac and the Mac Pro.

The Mac Pro in particular has raised the ire of some Apple fans because it has been several years since the last update, and the update today was extremely minor.

Pogue writes:
    Many Apple observers also wonder if Apple thinks that desktop computers are dead, since not a word was said about the iMac and Mac Pro. An executive did assure me, however, that new models and new designs are under way, probably for release in 2013.
    Updated Xeon E5 chips were released in March, but the Mac Pro update released today strangely didn't include them.

The company late last year was reportedly "questioning" the future of the Mac Pro line, examining whether it should continue offering the professional-level workstation as sales have declined amid a continued shift toward notebook machines and specs that had gone stale while waiting for Intel to release updated processors. With Pogue's post today, however, the future of the Mac Pro seems slightly more assured.

Thanks Susan!

Update: A MacRumors reader writes in to share an email he received from Apple CEO Tim Cook after he asked about the future of the Mac Pro:
    Our pro customers are really important to us...don't worry as we're working on something really great for later next year.
    Source

Apple's desktop computers will get redesigned, says anonymous Apple exec

By Sean Hollisteron June 11, 2012 10:30 pm

After today's incredibly tiny update to the Mac Pro, you might be wondering if Apple plans to kill off the venerable desktop. Apparently, that's not the case.

New York Timestechnology columnist David Pogue spoke to an anonymous Apple executive who said that the company's desktops are getting a makeover, perhaps by 2013.
    While the internet is already abuzz with reports that the iMac and Mac Pro in particular will be refreshed,
    Pogue's story doesn't actually specify either of those merely "new models and new designs" so we've reached out to him for clarification.

Either way, it sounds like we haven't heard the last of Apple's desktop announcements. Perhaps it's time for a redesigned Cube?
    Source
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

5. Likes Wrath likes this post
    Forum Guru
    Did you guys know (and I realize there are plugins/apps to do this...), that if you’re watching a video stream in Safari, you can open the Activity window, find the particular thread where the stream is being handled (obvious by the name/URL/size), hold Option, double click and redirect the stream to save as a file? It actually saves in FLV which is a little odd, but easily handled by VLC. Neat, native feature.
    "Remember, you're young only once but you can be immature forever."

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by [DT] View Post
    Did you guys know (and I realize there are plugins/apps to do this...), that if you’re watching a video stream in Safari, you can open the Activity window, find the particular thread where the stream is being handled (obvious by the name/URL/size), hold Option, double click and redirect the stream to save as a file? It actually saves in FLV which is a little odd, but easily handled by VLC. Neat, native feature.
    I just use download helper on firefox.

Forum Guru
    I just use download helper on firefox.
    Quote Originally Posted by DT
    and I realize there are plugins/apps to do this...

Forum Guru
    Items User name style
    DT be a doll and buy me a new Macbook Pro
    Vengeful is amazing<3

Forum Guru
    OK. Send me your shipping address ...

My partner supposedly got his on order, but he’s currently “off the grid” so I guess we’ll see when he gets back. We might be doing a hack-o-thon next week, so if he has it, I’ll get to check it out hands on.

Dedicated Member
    Memphis, TN (Home of STAX records, Sun Studios, Beale Street, Graceland, Hi Records, Ardent Studios
    The new MBP definitely looks impressive. It is what I was wishing for last year when I was deciding between the MBP and Air and decided to go with the MBP because of the bigger screen. Not sure I would be happy without the convenience of a disc drive at this point, but I guess a lot of people are getting by without them.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I only use a disc drive to burn CD and DVD and even then its a rare thing 50 DVDs have lasted me about 2 years or more. Game wise I bought BF3 and Brink on DVD last year other than that my drive gets rarely used.

So for a laptop I could easily do without a disc drive.

$2200 (1800) for a laptop is silly money though.
    Last edited by keefy; 06-13-2012 at 17:03. Reason: 50 not 500 DVD

Ultimate Veteran
    The MBP's rivals desktops in terms of performance. I'd claim the Retina MBP is very aggressively priced.
    Other opinions are available.

Forum Sage
    The MBP's rivals desktops in terms of performance. I'd claim the Retina MBP is very aggressively priced.
    I'd wait for indepth reviews before making that claim. We don't know how good the cooling system is and if throttling will be an issue.

Dedicated Member
    Memphis, TN (Home of STAX records, Sun Studios, Beale Street, Graceland, Hi Records, Ardent Studios
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    I only use a disc drive to burn CD and DVD and even then its a rare thing 50 DVDs have lasted me about 2 years or more. Game wise I bought BF3 and Brink on DVD last year other than that my drive gets rarely used.

Yeah, I could live without it, if I had to. However, saving one pound of weight hardly seems worth losing it. While I don't use the optical drive more than once a month on average, I don't think it is a worthless addition for the many times I have used it. Losing one pound is really not that significant for me.

Don't get me wrong, the MBP Retina screen looks amazing and if DT buys me one, I will definitely use it!

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post

I could do with an iMac without a disc drive, if that meant a performance boost.

In 2012 I've only used my disc drive once, to install Diablo III.

TA-pa-TA-pa-taPAtalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by uofmtiger View Post
    Don't get me wrong, the MBP Retina screen looks amazing and if DT buys me one, I will definitely use it!
    OK, gotcha ... who else?

18. Likes ps3isawesome likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    ME!!!! lol

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    DT with 9 kids wifey don't want me to "upgrade" so put me on your list for 15" mbp retina display, the entry one is good enough for me. I'm not too greedy and easily satisfied loll

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    I have iOS6 Beta. It's real nice, especially on the new iPad. Siri actually works, it's not mis-heard me once and I've asked it all sorts.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    ME!!!! lol
    DT with 9 kids wifey don't want me to "upgrade" so put me on your list for 15" mbp retina display, the entry one is good enough for me. I'm not too greedy and easily satisfied loll
    I’m going to have to put in some overtime...

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    I have iOS6 Beta. It's real nice, especially on the new iPad. Siri actually works, it's not mis-heard me once and I've asked it all sorts.
    I thought about putting it on my iPad (our iPhones are a little too “mission critical”), definitely several steps in the right direction!

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    I have it on both. It's a nice upgrade and the UI changes are really nice. The new maps is kinda cool I guess but at the moment it's a tad slow to draw the map, maybe it's a teething issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    I have it on both. It's a nice upgrade and the UI changes are really nice. The new maps is kinda cool I guess but at the moment it's a tad slow to draw the map, maybe it's a teething issue.
    Maybe you can help me, man. I was browsing NeoGAF earlier rather quickly and a lot of people seem disappointed in the lack of support for iOS6 on iPhone 4. I'm not sure what iPhone you have (or if you even have one) but can you, or anyone for that matter, confirm if iOS6 is heavily implemented on the iPhone 4 or are Apple mainly focusing on 4S, iPad 3 and iPhone 5?

Ultimate Veteran

Via Macrumors

Moral of the story, buy a new iPhone every two years. I have an iPhone 4, I'm getting the next one.

26. Likes Jaeger likes this post
    Master Sage
    What a load of $#@!. My contract doesn't end for at least another ten or so months. I'm stuck with an iPhone 4 that will have no features whatsoever when iOS6 is released.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    What a load of $#@!. My contract doesn't end for at least another ten or so months. I'm stuck with an iPhone 4 that will have no features whatsoever when iOS6 is released.
    You willingly entered into that contract.....

Thread Information