View Poll Results: Will you purchase the new iPad?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

14 20.59%
  • no

34 50.00%
  • Undecided.

13 19.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 354 of 403 FirstFirst ... 344354364 ... LastLast
Results 8,826 to 8,850 of 10059
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    So lets make sure I am hearing everyone correctly. Apple sues Samsung, Apple wins the court battle and is awarded a $#@! ton of money. You guys are mad because Apple has a lot of money already and should have just let Samsung slide....... Samsung was clearly in the wrong as even the court system has found them guilty. Not sure why everyone is mad at Apple lol.

Damn you Apple for sticking it to your competition!

2. Likes Fijiandoce, F34R , sainraja likes this post
    Power Member
    Eh.. See, I find this ruling not favorable for competition in the slightest. When I was reviewing the case and reading the 'blow by blows' by Samsung\Apple, I came out of it feeling that Apple was trying to enforce a 'patent' that was nebulous at best. Samsung made some solid points about the whole iPhone concept in and of itself being unoriginal historically if you look at past devices.

All very 'iPhone' like in retrospect. But somehow Apple "invented this image all by itself and it was theirs". They certainly made it popular, but I'm not so sure the proof is on their side of the aisle when it comes to originality.

Administrator and Visionary
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    I'm taking ALL YOU $#@!ING $#@!ES to court. Your sigs are all rectangular and are a clear rip off of my sigs shape. If you want to settle out of court, 1,000 SP.

Power Member
    Ghost Rayne has a point.

And then there's this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_C...ft_Corporation

Suing Microsoft because they had the nerve of trying to use a GUI (Graphical User Interface). Even though Apple didn't invent the GUI.

This whole thing is bat$#@! insane. Samsung proved that there was technology out well before the iPhone that was exceedingly similar- yet somehow Apple gets a free pass to basically rip this off and run but if anybody draws inspiration (yea, I said it. Inspiration.) from their products.. Well then all hell is going to break lose.

This is absurd, pure and simple. I implore you to actually read up on the arguments and illustrations provided by each side Lethal.

I mean basically the reason Samsung lost was some internal memo or email where they specifically referenced the iPhone and aspects of it they wanted to incorporate into future designs.

Is this 'stealing'? Was apple 'stealing' from the guy who originally made the zoom and swoosh? Or the form factor for the iPhone?

Hell look at the automobile industry or the fashion industry and tell me with a straight face that they don't studiously analyze their competitions products to better their own.

It'd be one thing if Samsung like took the blueprints for the motherboard or something and literally made their own version with "samsung" plastered on it. But we're talking about $#@! like the shape of the phone and the arrangement of icons.

Aesthetic stuff.
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 08-25-2012 at 05:48.

6. Likes Admartian , Metal King Slime likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Meh... I've liked my iPhone since ditching the Samsung Fascinate, AND when I had the S3.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Wow..I still intend on getting a 5 my upgrades soon..:/

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Ancient
    I have always preferred Apple to MS, but Ive never been a fan of there portable stuff, they'll like Nintendo, they release very successful innovative products that other companies did 2 years ago, thou in Nintendo case 6 years lol
    Thou you can't fault their software
    Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    lol i wasn't aware Samsung and Apple were the only two companies in the mobile phone space

personally, i rock this bad boy to make calls:

i should also add, Apple might be the most profitable business in the world, but they are by no means the largest. that title goes to Samsung.
    way to hate on the little guy! clearly we should all quiver at the sight of large corporations flexing their muscles.
    as seen above i dont swing toward either camp, but kinda glad apple won. Samsung tend to blatantly 'copy' other companies.

ps, i rocked the D900 for YEARS and is by far the most innovative thing, in recent memory, that samsung has done. i loved that phone!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

11. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    lol i wasn't aware Samsung and Apple were the only two companies in the mobile phone space

personally, i rock this bad boy to make calls:

i should also add, Apple might be the most profitable business in the world, but they are by no means the largest. that title goes to Samsung.
    way to hate on the little guy! clearly we should all quiver at the sight of large corporations flexing their muscles.
    as seen above i dont swing toward either camp, but kinda glad apple won. Samsung tend to blatantly 'copy' other companies.

ps, i rocked the D900 for YEARS and is by far the most innovative thing, in recent memory, that samsung has done. i loved that phone!
    The Xperia S, I'm rockin that with ya mate with its highest ppi on mobile display, it may not be a quad-core but it rocks everything else and its dam right sexy in person
    And I agree, the SGIII has overshadowed many great phones even our own and the only thing it holds is a quad-core processor that HTC had too

Sent via Codec
    Last edited by TGO; 08-25-2012 at 07:23.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    So lets make sure I am hearing everyone correctly. Apple sues Samsung, Apple wins the court battle and is awarded a $#@! ton of money. You guys are mad because Apple has a lot of money already and should have just let Samsung slide....... Samsung was clearly in the wrong as even the court system has found them guilty. Not sure why everyone is mad at Apple lol.

Damn you Apple for sticking it to your competition!
    This.
    "Love the life you live, and live the life you love." ~ Bob Marley

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    This.
    I was expecting Apple to win but not to the extent they did

Sent via Codec

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Or they are forcing others to innovate, introduce new ideas instead of just using what they did. Apple sued Samsung.

They didn't sue HTC, Sony, and Google. Meaning, Samsung was sued because, Apple could prove they copied them.
    What did Apple introduce that wasn't already there?

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    They blatantly copied Apple, as simple as that. Stop raging and look at the facts:

17. Likes sainraja , Lethal , Fijiandoce likes this post
    Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    $#@! apple and their locked down bull$#@!.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

19. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Forum Elder
    Items DiceGoogle ChromeNaughty DogBattlefield 3PlayStationPS3 Slim
    i want some money

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    They blatantly copied Apple, as simple as that. Stop raging and look at the facts:

I don't get it. That's the natural evolution of all products. Once something new comes out, people take that and put their own spin on it. That's essentially how people innovate, you can't expect everyone to put out something completely different.

I chose iPhone for a reason...I knew what Samsung offered and it wasn't what I wanted.

It's the same thing with the Wii Remote and Move. That's how it happens...I'm sure the Wii Remote was likely inspired by something else before it (even if not in the market).

The Walkman inspired a lot of manufacturers out there, i.e.

22. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Wow.....just wow

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    I will buy apple products over samsung any day. I do agree when something great comes out people always copy it but they have to understand not to copy and paste the product. Taking a couple of things away from the other product is alright imo but you have to put your touch do it so it can be your own.
    Last edited by Silvy; 08-25-2012 at 17:08.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    I don't get it. That's the natural evolution of all products. Once something new comes out, people take that and put their own spin on it. That's essentially how people innovate, you can't expect everyone to put out something completely different.

I chose iPhone for a reason...I knew what Samsung offered and it wasn't what I wanted.

It's the same thing with the Wii Remote and Move. That's how it happens...I'm sure the Wii Remote was likely inspired by something else before it (even if not in the market).

The difference is that Samsung practically didn't go the natural evolution route but instead released the iPhone under the Samsung brand.

26. Likes Fijiandoce likes this post
    Veteran
    Items FuturamaLinuxBlizzardUser name style

Demonstration video made by engineers at Xerox in the early 1990's, demonstrating a conceptual system for tangible interface. Essentially, humans interact with a computer using an ordinary physical desk and just using their fingers. Even though the video is slightly dated in some fashions, the spreadsheet demo is still quite amazing. Original concept by Pierre Wellner. See also: http://www.idemployee.id.tue.nl/g.w....ory/sld002.htm

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...30828816089246

------------------------------------------

Xerox research department was so amazing, created the GUI, networking (to an extent) along with one of the first touch UIs. It sucks their board was so trash.
    2010 Lethal's FF League Champion

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    I've seen that video interesting stuff to say the least!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Sage

Oh gee. An American company winning an American case. Who DIDN'T see that coming? I know I did.

30. Likes Admartian , bash , Omar likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    I would love to see the details of the case to see how the court came to this decision. Seriously!! I'll do some research and post any results I find. Its just unbelievable this verdict!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post

wii remote is a copy of a prototype move which was shown off in 2001/2002 time before nintendo even announced the wii *there was even staff from nintendo at the demostration*

and this is another reason why I will never purchase apple products, poor samsung :/

Thank you itachi

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    wii remote is a copy of a prototype move which was shown off in 2001/2002 time before nintendo even announced the wii *there was even staff from nintendo at the demostration*

and this is another reason why I will never purchase apple products, poor samsung :/
    Exactly! I just can't believe apple won this case!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Thread Information