View Poll Results: Will you purchase the new iPad?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

14 20.59%
  • no

34 50.00%
  • Undecided.

13 19.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 355 of 403 FirstFirst ... 345355365 ... LastLast
Results 8,851 to 8,875 of 10059
    Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    The difference is that Samsung practically didn't go the natural evolution route but instead released the iPhone under the Samsung brand.
    i.e. Youtube. We should shut down all the sites around the website that offer videos through flash? (Hulu, Netflix, billions of other youtube-like websites etc.)

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    wii remote is a copy of a prototype move which was shown off in 2001/2002 time before nintendo even announced the wii *there was even staff from nintendo at the demostration*

and this is another reason why I will never purchase apple products, poor samsung :/
    There is a difference between this and some Wiimote prototype.

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    There is a difference between this and some Wiimote prototype.
    sorry just someone bought a comparison of the wiimote and move, and i hate it when people get it the wrong way around.

Thank you itachi

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    i.e. Youtube. We should shut down all the sites around the website that offer videos through flash? (Hulu, Netflix, billions of other youtube-like websites etc.)
    These websites only copy each others' distribution methods. You cannot sue them for that. Otherwise, there would only be one supermarket, one shoe store, one petrol station, etc.

The difference here lies in the fact that phones are made of physical parts. I don't know of any patent over a distribution model but I do know that there are tons of patents for physical products.
    Last edited by Wrath; 08-25-2012 at 23:24.

5. Likes Fijiandoce likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim

Apple Awarded $1.049 Billion In Damages by Samsung

You can't patent a distribution method however u can patent components of a piece of hardware.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DeviousOne; 08-25-2012 at 23:50.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

These websites only copy each others' distribution methods. You cannot sue them for that. Otherwise, there would only be one supermarket, one shoe store, one petrol station, etc.

The difference here lies in the fact that phones are made of physical parts. I don't know of any patent over a distribution model but I do know that there are tons of patents for physical products.
    So Sue anyone who releases a rounded rectangle, if you look at old patents there were tonnes of them before iPhone even sony had a design drawn up. All of apples products are owned by kids..there toys, if your an adult with an iphone your like a man with a etch a sketch

( PSP- SSX On Tour) (PS3- Modern Warfare 3)

8. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Everyday View Post
    So Sue anyone who releases a rounded rectangle, if you look at old patents there were tonnes of them before iPhone even sony had a design drawn up. All of apples products are owned by kids..there toys, if your an adult with an iphone your like a man with a etch a sketch
    Nothing wrong with an Etch a Sketch.

10. Likes Fijiandoce likes this post
    Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001
    I am not sure how this verdict ends up standing. There are just too many problems with this jury coming out now in some of these interviews.

http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...12082510525390

I would like to say judge Lucy Koh would toss it out base on all of the problems with the jury, but I am not positive she is completely unbiased(has past links with Apple and some of her decisions during the case). It should at least be overturned/reduced on appeals.
    Last edited by Ryunosuke; 08-26-2012 at 01:21.

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Everyday View Post
    That's the worst post I've seen in a while.

Congrats, you're nominated for the Hall of Shame (if only it still existed...)!

13. Likes F34R likes this post
    young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    So lets make sure I am hearing everyone correctly. Apple sues Samsung, Apple wins the court battle and is awarded a $#@! ton of money. You guys are mad because Apple has a lot of money already and should have just let Samsung slide....... Samsung was clearly in the wrong as even the court system has found them guilty. Not sure why everyone is mad at Apple lol.

Damn you Apple for sticking it to your competition!
    Apple sued based on a patent that was held by others before. Pinch to $#@!ing zoom. How else would it be done. Also the shape of it. It's a $#@!ing rectangle with rounded edges.

That's the worst post I've seen in a while.

Congrats, you're nominated for the Hall of Shame (if only it still existed...)!
    Well seeing as shape of design was one of the patenrs supposedly infringed upon.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbo1 View Post
    Well seeing as shape of design was one of the patenrs supposedly infringed upon.
    I'm going to guess it's mostly the second part of his post that he's referring to.
    "Love the life you live, and live the life you love." ~ Bob Marley

16. Likes Wrath likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    The way to save money in courts of law...

They quit using paper ballots, etc., and everyone from the jury used iMessage and sent the verdict to the judges iPad.

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    They blatantly copied Apple, as simple as that. Stop raging and look at the facts:

so now Nintendo can sue Sony for making "PS3 Move" because it's a motion control, uses a wand but also has the second piece for movement just like the Wii controller has a second piece as well? So in your reasoning Sony should be sued by Nintendo. Now of course they don't use the same technology as well as both the iphone and Samsung don't use the exact same technology either.

It is noticeable though with those screens and how samsung changed, but see, that's competition, they have a big screen as well but that can't have a patent. it would be like saying only one company making a 52" TV can sell a license for other companies to also make a 52" tv.
    Last edited by Bigdoggy; 08-26-2012 at 05:40.
    PSN ID: Intense_Peanut

Ancient
    http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2012/08...in-south-korea
    Not sure if Posted, Apple & Samsung was found guilty lol
    iPhone is banned in Korea now

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

20. Likes Admartian , bash likes this post
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2012/08...in-south-korea
    Not sure if Posted, Apple & Samsung was found guilty lol
    iPhone is banned in Korea now

Sent via Codec
    That article reads like it was written by a third grader.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    That article reads like it was written by a third grader.
    IGN?
    Not really a article thou, its just a report.......oh I see

Sent via Codec
    Last edited by TGO; 08-26-2012 at 10:55.

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    IGN?

Sent via Codec
    Yes... that IGN article. The source doesn't make it scholarly.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Here's a quote from a juror:

Well, there were several [pieces of compelling evidence]. The e-mails that went back and forth from Samsung execs about the Apple features that they should incorporate into their devices was pretty damning to me. And also on the last day they showed the pictures of the phones that Samsung made before the iPhone came out and ones that they made after iPhone came out. Some of the Samsung executives they presented on video from Korea, I thought they were dodging the questions. They didn't answer one of them. They didn't help their cause.
    Sooo... with all these other Android platform phones out there, why aren't they all being sued as well? They are all pretty much the same in design, software features, etc.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    All this phone drama Ill just stick with my blackberry! Lol

#teamblackberry

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    All this phone drama Ill just stick with my blackberry! Lol

#teamblackberry

I really loved my blackberry Tour.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I really loved my blackberry Tour.
    You got to try the 9900 I love it I've owned about 6 blackberrys and this by far is the best!!!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Veteran
    It won't stay @ $2B. This is not good for consumers either. I wonder how Samsung caused $2B in actual damage to Apple? I seriously doubt people went into a store wanting an iPhone, saw a Galaxy and said "Oh man, that's JUST like an iPhone.... I'll get that instead!". The funny thing is, vanilla Android is superior to all the skinned versions (IMO), and it's the least iPhone like of all the different versions.

Also, funny how Apple copies Android features like the drop down notifications menu.... and sue other companies that make phones that are just rectangular with a black border and similar icons...
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"

29. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    You got to try the 9900 I love it I've owned about 6 blackberrys and this by far is the best!!!

I would, but I'm kinda stuck on my iPhone now. I might try and use a bb9900 and take a peak.

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by weskurtz81 View Post
    It won't stay @ $2B. This is not good for consumers either. I wonder how Samsung caused $2B in actual damage to Apple? I seriously doubt people went into a store wanting an iPhone, saw a Galaxy and said "Oh man, that's JUST like an iPhone.... I'll get that instead!". The funny thing is, vanilla Android is superior to all the skinned versions (IMO), and it's the least iPhone like of all the different versions.

Also, funny how Apple copies Android features like the drop down notifications menu.... and sue other companies that make phones that are just rectangular with a black border and similar icons...
    Exactly. The costs will be passed down to the consumer.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I would, but I'm kinda stuck on my iPhone now. I might try and use a bb9900 and take a peak.
    My girl has an iPhone 4s I've always been a blackberry guy so I'm with them until the end lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Thread Information