Latest PSU headlines:

View Poll Results: Will you purchase the new iPad?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

14 20.59%
  • no

34 50.00%
  • Undecided.

13 19.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 359 of 396 FirstFirst ... 349359369 ... LastLast
Results 8,951 to 8,975 of 9896
    Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    People are just crazy. This phone is overpriced and not worth its price. Its a good phone and has a very cool fresh design but its not worth that price.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Sheep really is the best term for these people..I mean the improvements really are miniscule, yet they still eat it right up.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    I want one but I'm not that desperate to get it like that lol. So be it I can wait till they restock again.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Apprentice

PSN ID
    imINXile
    Its weird man..I really dislike iPhones but enjoy my iPad every day. These phones just aren't for me and I'm def not a brand loyal freak. I can't even explain my dislike, a mystery. To each their own..

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Be my guest, you can use the image I posted. .
    What I meant was that someone with that train of thought should be sharing it phone wide. I don't have that impression on anyone regarding phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    Sheep really is the best term for these people..I mean the improvements really are miniscule, yet they still eat it right up.
    These people? You mean those that buy the newest release of their brand of phone...?

Dedicated Member
    Memphis, TN (Home of STAX records, Sun Studios, Beale Street, Graceland, Hi Records, Ardent Studios
    No big surprise. There are enough upgrades for those that got the 4 two years ago. Also, Ios6 leaves out enough features to make it even more enticing. I have a 4s and won't be updating, but I can see why others would want to.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    What I meant was that someone with that train of thought should be sharing it phone wide. I don't have that impression on anyone regarding phones.

These people? You mean those that buy the newest release of their brand of phone...?
    Apple release new models (at least for their iPad) annually. I could never buy an iPad/iPhone cause I know the following year they will release something a bit better with a nicer display or something that will make my €500 purchase inferior. There are people who go out and buy it anyway cause the latest model is a status device. As Dave said, the improvements from year to year generally aren't revolutionary, but the people flock to it. Apple should give their products more time to stay relevant and release a new device when it really advances the line.

Dedicated Member
    Memphis, TN (Home of STAX records, Sun Studios, Beale Street, Graceland, Hi Records, Ardent Studios
    Apple release new models (at least for their iPad) annually. I could never buy an iPad/iPhone cause I know the following year they will release something a bit better with a nicer display or something that will make my €500 purchase inferior. There are people who go out and buy it anyway cause the latest model is a status device. As Dave said, the improvements from year to year generally aren't revolutionary, but the people flock to it. Apple should give their products more time to stay relevant and release a new device when it really advances the line.
    New tech makes old tech inferior. Nothing will change that. Cars, laptops, desktops, etc.. all have this issue.

There is a misconception that everyone buys the new iPhone as a status device. The fact is that Apple makes incremental changes that make the iPhone better. Many people use these devices as their main computing device because it is with them all the time. It wouldn't make sense to use a slower processor, slower network speeds, and older display technology when new and better technology is available.

Also, it would be stupid for a tech company not to make incremental updates. I bet Microsoft wasn't sitting there with Win95 saying that we should stop now until we produce something revolutionary. If that was the case, we would still be using Win95.

For something to be revolutionary, it would need to have a fundamental change. Phones (for most people) have to fit in your pant pocket and be able to be handled with one hand. The specific form factor make it very difficult to make a fundamental change to the size and shape. Yeah, they can tweak it by adding an inch or so, but this would not be a major change.

This leads us to fundamental changes to software. To make these changes, you need more processing power, which is why we need incremental changes for improved, smaller batteries and faster processors. For me, Siri, iCoud, Photostream are all major changes to how I use the device. Two years ago, did I pick up my phone and tell it to play "Pink Floyd" and it went out to the web, found the band in my collection, and started playing them without any other interaction on my part? Did I have the ability to take a photo with my phone and sit down at my computer to find the photo waiting for processing? These are fundamental changes how I use the iPhone. Now that this tech is in the phone, it will be more incremental changes to make it more useful and available to more apps, but it doesn't mean these incremental changes aren't worthwhile.
    Last edited by uofmtiger; 09-16-2012 at 16:40.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by uofmtiger View Post
    New tech makes old tech inferior. Nothing will change that. Cars, laptops, desktops, etc.. all have this issue.

There is a misconception that everyone buys the new iPhone as a status device. The fact is that Apple makes incremental changes that make the iPhone better.
    Problem here is this, heard a figure that said the iPhone 4 was featured in over 800 movies and tv shows since its introduction . That makes people see it as a status device. Folks will tell their children "if ____ jumped off a bridge would you do it too?", but those same parents will gladly go out and get the latest iteration of iPhone because Martin Scorsese talked to Siri on tv, or they saw Samuel L. Jackson doing the same thing. So people see it as the "wow, I'm using the same phone that (famous actor) uses" type device. Which also fuels the class warfare that our CinC-POTUS wants so badly. It irks me to no end to see some of you come in and post something like "you're just mad because you can't afford it", when you obviously have no clue that people can afford and should be ashamed of yourself for saying such pure $#@! in words.

Quote Originally Posted by uofmtiger View Post
    This leads us to fundamental changes to software. To make these changes, you need more processing power, which is why we need incremental changes for improved, smaller batteries and faster processors. For me, Siri, iCoud, Photostream are all major changes to how I use the device. Two years ago, did I pick up my phone and tell it to play "Pink Floyd" and it went out to the web, found the band in my collection, and started playing them without any other interaction on my part? Did I have the ability to take a photo with my phone and sit down at my computer to find the photo waiting for processing? These are fundamental changes how I use the iPhone. Now that this tech is in the phone, it will be more incremental changes to make it more useful and available to more apps, but it doesn't mean these incremental changes aren't worthwhile.
    Two years ago people on android could do these things and more.
    People keep talking about NFC, and saying "so what, if I need it Apple will let me get it via an update".... sure they will by providing you with the showing of another phone, because NFC is a chip placed on the battery physically. It's not some piece of code they send to your phone, and while people aren't upset over it not being included, those of us who have waved our phone over a credit card reader to pay for gas, clothes, dinner, or a movie all know how simple and past-due something like NFC is. Since I never had it, I didn't know until I got phones with it included that I was going to love it. And now I see the potential for it and can't understand why Apple didn't include it, except for that they want a reason to lure people in after new iPhone 5 customers see android people using their NFC and decide they want it too, then when Apple unveils their "never seen before NFC", they have a market that is already hungry for it. There is a reason they purposely leave modern tech out, they know what they need to keep themselves swimming in offshore accounts...consumer interest. If a car company had the same car for five years in a row with small, incremental changes each year, and they still asked $49,000 for it each year and only changed a couple of things like adding 10 more horsepower while making it the same mpg each year, and making it two inches longer, folks would run said company out of business. No other company in this world can keep a knight in shining armor portrayal as Apple has, mainly because they've convinced everyone that they know what's best for you and they tell you in keynotes how they have given you just what you need to keep up with the status quo. How very noble of them.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

Dedicated Member
    The first iPhone did not hit the market yesterday. It has been around and sold millions before the first Siri commercial hit the market. I am sure that Sam Jackson helps sell phones, but he has little to do with the iconic status of the iPhone. You have to go back in history and realize that a good deal of people using smartphones were using phones with a keyboard attached. I had a Treo at the time. These phones were awful for media because the screen was half the size of the phone. When Apple came along with the iPhone it was something we had not seen on the market and because of form and function it became and icon.

As a result of this iconic status, the iPhone was placed in movies to help develop a character. There is a reason Tom Cruise doesn't drive a Yugo in Mission Impossible. It doesn't fit the image. He does use an iPhone because it fits his advanced techie image in the movie.

While I could care less about NFC and would never make a decision to buy a phone based on that feature, I have read articles that security is a concern. As a gap filler, Apple has added Playbook (not something I plan to use, either). Since it is theirs, they have more control over the security.

What was Android's answer to iTunes Match and Airplay two years ago? From what I can tell it is another feature they recently ripped off from Apple, but the Droid version has less features.
    Last edited by uofmtiger; 09-17-2012 at 03:44.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    If you're going to accuse android of ripping things off from Apple, then please post the patents infringed BY GOOGLE/ANDROID, not a handset maker, and the links to the ITC. Otherwise, you're just talking out your ass and making ignorant accusations without merit.
    Security with nfc is obvious, if you leave your phone wide open without a lock pin or link gesture, and someone physically steals it, then they can use it.
    There is a hack to make NFC work with the screen off, and anyone who is dumb enough to want that deserves to get ripped off, otherwise there is nothing to worry about. People who don't use the screen off hack can't be compromised because the NFC chip is NOT active when the screen isn't on (to the home screen, not just on and sitting on the lock screen).
    It's old and played for people to keep saying Apple was ripped off by Google/android. People on forums like to say it, but it's obviously Bull$#@! since they have been using android for how many years now and Apple hasn't filed their usual litigation..??
    Come on, use something factual, I didn't mean for someone to reply with remnants of Steve job's comment about android being stolen because he was clearly threatened by its open platform (and he knew there would be people coming along with better ideas that might topple the conglomerate-wannabe.
    I don't get folks standing up for Apple like they are losing money because someone doesn't speak all positives about them, like Apple didn't have any problems at all...and I personally know people with the iPhone who have nothing but problems with them, all this talk of the build quality is cheap. There are a huge number that are broke out the box, strangely while other phones get a 14 day return to the provider/carrier, iPhone can't be returned this way and must be sent to Apple for some mysterious person to decide if it's Apple's fault or not. People don't mention this because they get a loaner, but if it's broke they are sent a refurbished one, instead of a brand new one like what they just bought. So they start with a phone that has already had a problem, and potentially still have a problem that shows up later.
    Don't get this, because people here on this site complain like hell when Sony does this with a PS3 during warranty work and raise a damn roof over it.

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    Samsung's latest advert.

Oh shiiiiiiiit.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    ^^ hahah couldn't Samsung come up with more feature names?

Now wth I'm gonna do without S-Beam and Group Cast?
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Pfft, to hell with samsung! ONE X is the way too go.........................

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Ultimate Veteran
    Haven't had time to watch the keynote yet but I know this:

Black 32GB
    Other opinions are available.

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post

Black 32GB
    Same as me. As soon as the POS that is O2 start taking orders. Won't let me upgrade online and I call them up and they say some $#@! that i have to go there on Friday and queue up even though when i upgraded to the 3G and the 4 I was able to do it online and get it delivered to my door on respective release days.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS

Black 32GB
    Me too. I'll order one as soon as possible. My gf too.

Got a new 4S replacement by the way. The panic.plst was indeed a hardware problem.

How was your vacation?
    Last edited by MjW; 09-17-2012 at 11:37.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    Same as me. As soon as the POS that is O2 start taking orders. Won't let me upgrade online and I call them up and they say some $#@! that i have to go there on Friday and queue up even though when i upgraded to the 3G and the 4 I was able to do it online and get it delivered to my door on respective release days.
    That's a bummer. I have not decided how I'm going to buy it. Don't want to stand in line this year because it's too damn cold this time a year. So going to order online, still have to decide if I want to get an unlocked one from Apple for more money or buy one from the carrier for a little less but have it locked and being tied down another two years.

Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    Me too. I'll order one as soon as possible. My gf too.

Got a new 4S replacement by the way. The panic.plst was indeed a hardware problem.

How was your vacation?

I hope apple.se will start taking orders before the launch.

My vacation was great, was in London. Visited Abbey Road among other things. It's a great city I would like to go every year.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    CHART OF THE DAY: Tim Cook Used These Charts To Make Fun Of Amazon And Google's Tablet Sales http://www.businessinsider.com/chart...t-share-2012-9

This is a pro-apple article, but notice that Tim only used charts from iPad. The article even says that he can't speak on phones because they don't have that market share, another system holds the market share in phones. But they go on to point out that the charts could be a little biased towards Apple too.

Globally, Android has 68% of the market compared to IOS at a declining 17%. In the US, its 52 to 32 respectively.

Last edited by jonathanm1978; 09-17-2012 at 12:57.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    Samsung's latest advert.

Oh shiiiiiiiit.
    I get that feeling Sega vs Nintendo vibe from this lol nice!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Ultimate Veteran
    Well, I don't know about you guys but I've always found an s-beam very stimulating.

22. Likes BBK.. likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    I am still waiting to hear about the 2 year old technology that was on Android that is the same as Airplay and iTunes Match.

When I said that they "ripped off" (which is simply slang for "imitate") the idea, I was referring to apps on Android that reverse engineered the Airplay technology and now use it to send a signal from the Android devices to Apple licensed Airplay devices. This doesn't imply that Apple has a trademark or any intent on suing them. I could post about an idea tomorrow on the web and if you took it and made a million dollars, it doesn't mean you didn't "rip off" (imitate) my idea just because I failed to file a trademark. It just means you probably won't be found guilty of stealing if I filed suit.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I am a Samsung Galaxy S3 owner and i must say that im really satisfied with my phone. Its easy to use and it has a really colorful and big screen while the performance are decent. The only thing i like about the new iPhone 5 is its design.

Master Guru

Good thing Apple devices hold their value well though, i sold my year old iPhone 4 not long ago for 325 (was 499 new). same story with my 3GS.

Getting yearly updates with Apple isnt as painful on the wallet as perhaps some other devices as you can still sell them on for a decent price. One of the many reasons i never worry about buying things from Apple.

This however is the first time I am torn between the black and the white version.....
    Wii # 8752-0092-2306-9612
    PSN ID : pez555

Dedicated Member
    Visited Abbey Road among other things.
    Awesome!! One day I would like to make that pilgrimage.

Thread Information