Latest PSU headlines:

View Poll Results: Will you purchase the new iPad?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

14 20.59%
  • no

34 50.00%
  • Undecided.

13 19.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 360 of 397 FirstFirst ... 350360370 ... LastLast
Results 8,976 to 9,000 of 9901
    Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by uofmtiger View Post
    Awesome!! One day I would like to make that pilgrimage.
    It was great. I went on a Monday (or Tuesday, can't remember) and there was at least 25 people there of all ages, nationality and sex. And this decades after The Beatles split. The wall was full of writings and messages and apparently they clean it once a week!

---

Two million iPhone 5 pre-orders in 24 hours. One has to wonder what the supply will be. Probably safest to order it as soon as one can. http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2012...-24-Hours.html
    Other opinions are available.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    I am still waiting to hear about the 2 year old technology that was on Android that is the same as Airplay and iTunes Match.
    Then by all means, visit imore forums and read what tech has been out for 2 years. They seem to be pretty upset about their precious Apple not having simultaneous voice and data too. That tech is also 2 years old(or older).

I When I said that they "ripped off" (which is simply slang for "imitate") the idea, I was referring to apps on Android that reverse engineered the Airplay technology and now use it to send a signal from the Android devices to Apple licensed Airplay devices.
    And your reference to ripping off and imitating has another word, it's referred to as innovation. That's when you take something and improve upon it, like the way android is open and anyone can take devkit and build an app or use the software. Still using that misguided logic that Jobs said about android being a stolen system. I wish all that stuff was true so they could go ahead and sue, which is how Apple a would prefer to operate. Maybe if they had spent less on legal litigation they could have included something in the iPhone that was actually new. Speaking of, what's new this time? I seem to have forgotten what they introduced. oh wait, they used the word "revolutionary" a few times, bragged about iPad market share (but can't brag about iPhone market share because the obvious winner here is well known). And they introduced a new phone that had nothing really astonishing. Face it, the iPhone 5 just played catch-up to what's already out, and nobody wants to admit to that because it's not "keynote".

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

Dedicated Member
    Memphis, TN (Home of STAX records, Sun Studios, Beale Street, Graceland, Hi Records, Ardent Studios
    Not surprised you can't back up your statement because there was nothing on Android two years ago that worked anything like iTunes Match combined with Siri in the way I described in the post you quoted.
    Last edited by uofmtiger; 09-18-2012 at 05:05.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    Not surprised you can't back up your statement because there was nothing on Android two years ago that worked anything like iTunes Match combined with Siri in the way I described in the post you quoted.
    Obviously you know so well because of your extensive experience with android. Quit trying to make someone do it for you, learn on your own instead of demanding other people just hand over things you can't show as factual. I told you to show proof with the ITC and patents infringed because I already know, your wanting me or someone else to post capabilities of something you can't even be bothered with using, much less look up something to back little precious Apple. My $#@! got ignored too, like what I said about them bringing something new, so don't feel bad. I knew you would ignore that, so we call it even. Apple didn't innovate anything in this new phone, and I'm not kidding features of android. You want to know, go get one and see for yourself.

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

Ultimate Veteran
    Watched the keynote. Was a good one. One thing I kind of want from the iPod Touch on the iPhone is the loop thing. Now when it's so thin it would be kind of nice to have a wrist strap on the iPhone even though I never find them aesthetically pleasing.

I thought for sure they would go 32, 64 and 128GB this time around. Bit surprised that they kept the 16GB around although I'd bet the 16GB model is bar none the most popular one.
    Last edited by Tutankhamun; 09-18-2012 at 10:04.

Forum Sage

Seems the earliest i'll have it is Monday, 02 won't let me upgrade until Friday for a same day dispatch. Lame!

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX

iPhone 5 has a 'laser keyboard'? Well according to Fox it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    Here's some good news (for people WITH NFC)

MasterCard Opens PayPass UI to Developers

now we're going to see NFC take-off as it should, and only certain devices will work with the cardless/cashless system for paying for purchases.
    Look for Visa to follow suit, the big players getting behind NFC was an obvious move with fraud on the rise with plastic (even though some will say that NFC isn't secure, it's quite a bit more secure than a plastic card.)

With this move by a key player like Mastercard, NFC will get the push into the limelight.

Ultimate Veteran
    "Never let the facts get in the way of a good story"

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    not sure if srs

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanm1978 View Post
    not sure if srs
    NFC, while promising, still has a lot of hurdles to overcome (especially globally) before it will take off. It's probably at least two years out before it reaches critical mass. And even then I'm skeptical if it will gain mindshare with normal people, outside of geeks like us. A lot of regular people still don't even like paying with a Visa..

Forum Sage

One good thing i've read about NFC is being able to program it to do different things. You can buy NFC stickers of eBay and program them so for instance you could program a NFC to make your phone go on silent, turn off Wifi and turn down the brightness when you get to work or you could program them to start playing media when you get into your car.

Those are the aspects of NFC that i find interesting, not so much wireless payments. Many places still don't accept them

Dedicated Member
    Memphis, TN (Home of STAX records, Sun Studios, Beale Street, Graceland, Hi Records, Ardent Studios
    Obviously you know so well because of your extensive experience with android. Quit trying to make someone do it for you, learn on your own instead of demanding other people just hand over things you can't show as factual. I told you to show proof with the ITC and patents infringed because I already know, your wanting me or someone else to post capabilities of something you can't even be bothered with using, much less look up something to back little precious Apple. My $#@! got ignored too, like what I said about them bringing something new, so don't feel bad. I knew you would ignore that, so we call it even. Apple didn't innovate anything in this new phone, and I'm not kidding features of android. You want to know, go get one and see for yourself.

I never made the comment that I would back up every word of the keynote (I haven't even watched it), so I don't have any reason to respond to what you saw. On the other hand, you stated that Android was able to do the things I posted 2 years ago, so it is up to you to back it up with something that did it. You can't because it did not exist.

The maker of the Android app that uses Airplay specifically says he reverse engineered the Apple Airplay (which is proprietary protocol) app right on his website and he did not believe it was illegal. Without Apple's innovation, his app would not exist. He would not have devices to use it with and he would not have a program to reverse engineer. It can be called innovation, imitation, or ripping off an existing techonolgy to use on a competitor's device. "It depends on what your definition of is is".

I am not sure that Apple would pursue a lawsuit (according to Wiki it is a proprietary protocol) on this matter since it will only help them sell more Airplay devices.

Here is some information on the patents: http://appleinsider.com/articles/10/...lications.html
    Last edited by uofmtiger; 09-18-2012 at 16:58.

Ultimate Veteran
    I don't see a benefit from jonathanm1978's posts. If NFC, or something else the iPhone 5 doesn't have, is a deal breaker for you then don't buy one! There's plenty of phones in the market, you can probably find one that fits you. There's no need to try and justify your purchase, or lack of, with charts or developments in technologies not included in the iPhone.

15. Likes BBK.. likes this post
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style

The maker of the Android app that uses Airplay specifically says he reverse engineered the Apple Airplay (which is proprietary protocol) app right on his website and he did not believe it was illegal. Without Apple's innovation, his app would not exist. He would not have devices to use it with and he would not have a program to reverse engineer. It can be called innovation, imitation, or ripping off an existing techonolgy to use on a competitor's device. "It depends on what your definition of is is".
    For christ's sake you're talking about a $#@!in app...

I'm done here. There's too much fanboyism involved to have you people talk intelligently and use FACTS. You can't even keep it straight if you want to be mad about Android doing things apple couldn't do 2 years ago, or if you want to mad about an app developer making an app in a way you don't like...

Watch and see...the great will fall and when it does, I'll come back to this post and quote myself. They are already heavily criticized over their latest bull$#@! phone not bringing ANYTHING new (as I asked you to give examples of, which you can, OBVIOUSLY).
    It's not shock to see people getting pissy because I'm sure you have vested interest in apple, and you're losing money because people talk about it??

Strange when BoA got too big people demonstrated and boycotted..GM execs got axed...Fanny Mae and Freddie Mac got pummelling over scandal..but you act as though apple never does any wrong and is out of the consumer all the time..when they ARE NOT..and you're just blind to see you're being swindled. But then again, I don't care...Spend $600 on something when you could spend $200 and get the same exact thing (actually that does more and does it faster)...enjoy it.
    Last edited by jonathanm1978; 09-18-2012 at 19:32.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    Watched the keynote. Was a good one. One thing I kind of want from the iPod Touch on the iPhone is the loop thing. Now when it's so thin it would be kind of nice to have a wrist strap on the iPhone even though I never find them aesthetically pleasing.

I thought for sure they would go 32, 64 and 128GB this time around. Bit surprised that they kept the 16GB around although I'd bet the 16GB model is bar none the most popular one.
    http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/18/s...emory-storage/

Ultimate Veteran
    That explains it. Next year then.

Ultimate Veteran
    Watch and see...the great will fall and when it does, I'll come back to this post and quote myself. They are already heavily criticized over their latest bull$#@! phone not bringing ANYTHING new (as I asked you to give examples of, which you can, OBVIOUSLY).
    "We don’t want to just make a new phone. We want to make a much better phone." - Jony Ive

Read this: http://www.asymco.com/2012/09/18/is-...e-good-enough/

Dedicated Member
    For christ's sake you're talking about a $#@!in app...

I'm done here. There's too much fanboyism involved to have you people talk intelligently and use FACTS. .
    I had to assume you were referring to an app because Android had NOTHING like what I described (two years ago) despite your claims. You still haven't backed up that statement with any FACTS, so it is a bit difficult to debate facts when you haven't presented any to support your statement.

See ya. I will eagerly await the fall of Apple just to see your magnificent return to post on the subject.

Dedicated Member
    Macrumours has a bunch of reviews up now:

http://www.macrumors.com/

The David Pogue review had a funny line:

"This iPhone is so light, tall and flat, it’s well on its way to becoming a bookmark"

23. Likes MjW likes this post
    Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    ^^ lol
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Ultimate Veteran
    What's everyone's case plan for the iPhone 5? I just use an iPod Sock for the iPhone 4 but the iPhone 5 will be too tall to fit. I really don't want anything bulky nor anything that stays on the phone while using it. Thinking I should get like a nice, thin, leather pouch or something.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    I usually don't like covers. I use one with the 4S mostly because it's glass and doesn't stay put easily.

If the new one's metal back has enough grip to stay put I'll have it naked.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Forum Sage

I've never liked phone cases on the iPhone. It ruins the feel of them, I did used to use an iPod sock but that got lost many moons ago

Besides, insurance is my phone cover

BBK. Tapatalking.

Thread Information