View Poll Results: Will you purchase the new iPad?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

14 20.59%
  • no

34 50.00%
  • Undecided.

13 19.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 361 of 397 FirstFirst ... 351361371 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,025 of 9916
    Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I used a case on the iPhone 3G but it ended up scratching the back a lot more than it would have scratched without it. Never used on for the iPhone 4 (just an iPod Sock) and while it does have a fairly big scratch on the back it's fine otherwise. The only concern I have this time around is that if the aluminum is anything like the back of iPod's it'll scratch to hell.
    Other opinions are available.

Elite Sage
    Yeah it would only take a rogue bit of salt on a desk to make a nice scratch. My iPhone 4 has got a few scratches but it goes through hell and back. I'm hoping that it's a nice metal that won't scratch too easily as I really don't want to use a case on a phone designed to look and feel nice in the hand

BBK. Tapatalking.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    Yeah it would only take a rogue bit of salt on a desk to make a nice scratch. My iPhone 4 has got a few scratches but it goes through hell and back. I'm hoping that it's a nice metal that won't scratch too easily as I really don't want to use a case on a phone designed to look and feel nice in the hand

BBK. Tapatalking.
    Upside of having the release one week later is that I can wait and see what U.S and U.K iPhone 5 owners find about any scratching issues and then order a case

-----

iOS 6 later today btw.

Dedicated Member
    Memphis, TN (Home of STAX records, Sun Studios, Beale Street, Graceland, Hi Records, Ardent Studios
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    Upside of having the release one week later is that I can wait and see what U.S and U.K iPhone 5 owners find about any scratching issues and then order a case

-----

iOS 6 later today btw.
    I know one of the reviews mentioned that the black was scraping off easily on 2 of their iPhones. The comment is in one of the summarized reviews on the Macrumours page I posted.

What new feature in iOS6 are you excited about? I haven't gotten around to watching the keynote, but they usually have a few new features they focus on. I have seen some mixed reviews of their maps app, but not much else.

Elite Sage
    Any idea what time iOS is released? Kinda' bummed out that they are removing the public transport information, that was always handy to use.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by uofmtiger View Post
    I know one of the reviews mentioned that the black was scraping off easily on 2 of their iPhones. The comment is in one of the summarized reviews on the Macrumours page I posted.

What new feature in iOS6 are you excited about? I haven't gotten around to watching the keynote, but they usually have a few new features they focus on. I have seen some mixed reviews of their maps app, but not much else.
    I'm not that overly excited about anything per say. But Safari is my most used app on my iOS 6 devices so I'm looking forward to it being faster. Shared photo streams looks handy as well.

It's out now by the way.

Any idea what time iOS is released? Kinda' bummed out that they are removing the public transport information, that was always handy to use.
    Out now.

Ultimate Veteran
    Installed iOS 6 on my iPad 2. The clock app for iPad is very pretty. The new Apple maps over my town is black and white and a fairly low resolution. Looks like they can use some work.

Dedicated Member
    Memphis, TN (Home of STAX records, Sun Studios, Beale Street, Graceland, Hi Records, Ardent Studios
    Installed iOS 6 on my iPad 2. The clock app for iPad is very pretty. The new Apple maps over my town is black and white and a fairly low resolution. Looks like they can use some work.
    I installed it on my iPhone (and started updating on my iPad) while I was home for lunch. I haven't had a chance to mess with any of the features. I think I need to check out Apple's website to read about the new features, so I know what to look for.

So ios6 is supposed to improve the speed of Safari? That is a nice update that will be great for my iPad.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Still playing with the settings on iOS6. There are improvements here and there. A shame Siri can't turn on bluetooth though. :/
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Ultimate Veteran
    I installed it on my iPhone (and started updating on my iPad) while I was home for lunch. I haven't had a chance to mess with any of the features. I think I need to check out Apple's website to read about the new features, so I know what to look for.

So ios6 is supposed to improve the speed of Safari? That is a nice update that will be great for my iPad.
    Yeah. They've updated the JavaScript engine and I also think they're using a newer WebKit version. Feels a lot faster on my iPad 2. There's also tab syncing via iCloud so all your open tabs on your Mac is everywhere and vice versa.

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    One thing I've been disapointed with since Beta 1 is the maps in iOS6. I hope Apple can turn it around because it can't stay like this.

Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Ultimate Veteran
    That's the thing with maps though. You need usage data to improv it, Apple has been helping Google making Google Maps better and better and now they'll need to collect usage to improve their own maps. Apple's maps won't be even close to Google Maps for quite some time but they'll eventually catch up and they may even surpass given the amount of usage Google is missing from no longer having access to iOS users usage.

Dedicated Member
    Yep, Safari is definitely snappier than it was before. Also, there was some sort of bug that made a difficult to switch from wifi to LTE on my iPad3 and now it goes back and forth without an issue.

I also tried Siri for sports. Very impressive, you can get sports scores, rosters, ask it who plays QB for the Broncos and it will pull up everyone that plays the position. I also tried it with basketball by asking for the Miami Heat roster and it pulls up each player with a pic of each player. Not sure how it works with other sports, but for NFL and NBA, it is pretty cool.

I checked out that turn by turn instructions on my way home from work last night. It was interesting that audio only came out over my speakers when I was using Bluetooth audio to stream music (my phone wasn't plugged into the car). However, when I switched to the radio, it did not come out of the speakers. They have an easy to access button that allows you to switch to iPhone speakers very easily, though. I can't say how great the mapping was, since I take backstreets to get home, but it is a nice feature than may make it possible to leave the Garmin at home when we travel with the gf's vehicle.

Edit: I forgot to ask if anyone has tried the maps.google.com on the web versus the old Google Map app on the iPhone? Is there a major difference? I rarely use maps on my iPhone, but I am curious.
    Last edited by uofmtiger; 09-20-2012 at 17:02.

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    That's the thing with maps though. You need usage data to improv it, Apple has been helping Google making Google Maps better and better and now they'll need to collect usage to improve their own maps. Apple's maps won't be even close to Google Maps for quite some time but they'll eventually catch up and they may even surpass given the amount of usage Google is missing from no longer having access to iOS users usage.
    But Google have access to the usage data from Android, and that has a larger install base than iOS now.

Apple just messed up I think, they were desperate to get Google off their platform and at the moment, it's at detriment to their own customer.

Everyone is talking about this now from Sky News to BBC News and then all the tech sites:

http://www.theverge.com/2012/9/20/33...ggy-complaints

I've said it since I got the beta at WWDC. These maps are poop! All my friends who own iPhones told me "You're in a beta, what do you expect? They will improve them for the iOS launch" etc.

I got a text today from a friend "you were right, these maps are $#@!".
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    But Google have access to the usage data from Android, and that has a larger install base than iOS now.

Apple just messed up I think, they were desperate to get Google off their platform and at the moment, it's at detriment to their own customer.

Everyone is talking about this now from Sky News to BBC News and then all the tech sites:

http://www.theverge.com/2012/9/20/33...ggy-complaints

I've said it since I got the beta at WWDC. These maps are poop! All my friends who own iPhones told me "You're in a beta, what do you expect? They will improve them for the iOS launch" etc.

I got a text today from a friend "you were right, these maps are $#@!".
    Android have a larger install base but data suggest Android users doesn't use internet services to the same extent as iOS users. iOS has truly helped Google Maps grow, no doubt. Rumors are flying around that Google has their own Google Maps app sent for review so it seems clear they think being on iOS is important. That doesn't excuse Apple's maps for having issues but it does offer an explanation. Honestly, from playing around with them for me it's not a huge deal it seems to find the places I search for fairly well and the map layout is decent. The satellite images are another story but I don't relay on them.

I wouldn't automatically assume it was only Apple's decision to end the contract with Google though, it may well have been a mutual decision. Google having their own apps will allow them to sell their product (users) much easier than just being the backend to an Apple written app would. There's reasons for both companies to separate.

Dedicated Member
    Google did not offer turn by turn directions on the iPhone, so that may have played a part.

Ultimate Veteran
    Google did not offer turn by turn directions on the iPhone, so that may have played a part.
    Yeah. And their API restricted usage of their vector maps as well.

----

Ordered an iPhone 5 today. 32GB White. Too bad it isn't mine. It's for my mom, our carrier started taking pre-orders at midnight so she asked if I could put one through if I was up and I did.

Hi, can you please upload the app again? I need it too. Thanx in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Last edited by z36cbr; 09-21-2012 at 01:54.

Elite Sage
    Still can't order mine until the morning. Boo!!

BBK. Tapatalking.

Ultimate Veteran
    Still can't order mine until the morning. Boo!!

BBK. Tapatalking.
    I can't order mine until the 28th! I don't want another contract so I'm buying mine unsubsidized, unlocked, directly from Apple.

Forum Sage
    I can't order mine until the 28th! I don't want another contract so I'm buying mine unsubsidized, unlocked, directly from Apple.
    7000 krona? That's worse than even the UK price. I'd rather try and import it from the US.

http://www.telia.se/privat/mobilt/mo...4&flexSize=LLL

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    7000 krona? That's worse than even the UK price. I'd rather try and import it from the US.

http://www.telia.se/privat/mobilt/mo...4&flexSize=LLL
    I believe (not confirmed but heard through the grapevine) that the exact price for a 32GB model from Apple will be 6795kr - the 16GB starting at 5795kr.

The thing is though, if you order it subsidized from, say, Telia you'll end up paying a lot more. Like 2000kr more before the contract is up after 24 months at least with the plans they're offering for pre-orders (they only have three right now). I have a really good plan right now but the contract is up and I'd like to keep it so I got to buy it without a contract. And I'd rather deal with Apple than ordering through a carrier, every time I've ordered from Telia I've gotten burned on delivery times.

Importing from the U.S is complicated, if you get caught in customs you'll have to pay a 25% interest of the price of the goods to the government and whatnot.

Thread Information