View Poll Results: Will you purchase the new iPad?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

14 20.59%
  • no

34 50.00%
  • Undecided.

13 19.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 363 of 403 FirstFirst ... 353363373 ... LastLast
Results 9,051 to 9,075 of 10059
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    ^^ hahah couldn't Samsung come up with more feature names?

Now wth I'm gonna do without S-Beam and Group Cast?

~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Pfft, to hell with samsung! ONE X is the way too go.........................

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Ultimate Veteran
    Haven't had time to watch the keynote yet but I know this:

Black 32GB
    Other opinions are available.

Elite Sage

PSN ID
    Lymphatik
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post

Black 32GB
    Same as me. As soon as the POS that is O2 start taking orders. Won't let me upgrade online and I call them up and they say some $#@! that i have to go there on Friday and queue up even though when i upgraded to the 3G and the 4 I was able to do it online and get it delivered to my door on respective release days.
    PC: i7-3930K | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3
    EVGA GTX 980Ti SC+ | Corsair AX1200i | RoG Swift | Corsair Obsidian 800D

Watercooling: EK-Bay Spin Reservoir | EKWB Supremacy | EKWB Titan X Acetal+Nickel
    360mm + 120mm Radiators | Liang D5 pump | Primochill tubing | Barrow Fittings

500GB Black PS4

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS

Black 32GB
    Me too. I'll order one as soon as possible. My gf too.

Got a new 4S replacement by the way. The panic.plst was indeed a hardware problem.

How was your vacation?
    Last edited by MjW; 09-17-2012 at 11:37.

~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    Same as me. As soon as the POS that is O2 start taking orders. Won't let me upgrade online and I call them up and they say some $#@! that i have to go there on Friday and queue up even though when i upgraded to the 3G and the 4 I was able to do it online and get it delivered to my door on respective release days.
    That's a bummer. I have not decided how I'm going to buy it. Don't want to stand in line this year because it's too damn cold this time a year. So going to order online, still have to decide if I want to get an unlocked one from Apple for more money or buy one from the carrier for a little less but have it locked and being tied down another two years.

Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    Me too. I'll order one as soon as possible. My gf too.

Got a new 4S replacement by the way. The panic.plst was indeed a hardware problem.

How was your vacation?

I hope apple.se will start taking orders before the launch.

My vacation was great, was in London. Visited Abbey Road among other things. It's a great city I would like to go every year.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    CHART OF THE DAY: Tim Cook Used These Charts To Make Fun Of Amazon And Google's Tablet Sales http://www.businessinsider.com/chart...t-share-2012-9

This is a pro-apple article, but notice that Tim only used charts from iPad. The article even says that he can't speak on phones because they don't have that market share, another system holds the market share in phones. But they go on to point out that the charts could be a little biased towards Apple too.

Globally, Android has 68% of the market compared to IOS at a declining 17%. In the US, its 52 to 32 respectively.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by jonathanm1978; 09-17-2012 at 12:57.

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    Samsung's latest advert.

Oh shiiiiiiiit.
    I get that feeling Sega vs Nintendo vibe from this lol nice!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Ultimate Veteran
    Well, I don't know about you guys but I've always found an s-beam very stimulating.

10. Likes BBK.. likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Memphis, TN (Home of STAX records, Sun Studios, Beale Street, Graceland, Hi Records, Ardent Studios
    I am still waiting to hear about the 2 year old technology that was on Android that is the same as Airplay and iTunes Match.

When I said that they "ripped off" (which is simply slang for "imitate") the idea, I was referring to apps on Android that reverse engineered the Airplay technology and now use it to send a signal from the Android devices to Apple licensed Airplay devices. This doesn't imply that Apple has a trademark or any intent on suing them. I could post about an idea tomorrow on the web and if you took it and made a million dollars, it doesn't mean you didn't "rip off" (imitate) my idea just because I failed to file a trademark. It just means you probably won't be found guilty of stealing if I filed suit.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I am a Samsung Galaxy S3 owner and i must say that im really satisfied with my phone. Its easy to use and it has a really colorful and big screen while the performance are decent. The only thing i like about the new iPhone 5 is its design.

Master Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Apple release new models (at least for their iPad) annually. I could never buy an iPad/iPhone cause I know the following year they will release something a bit better with a nicer display or something that will make my €500 purchase inferior. There are people who go out and buy it anyway cause the latest model is a status device. As Dave said, the improvements from year to year generally aren't revolutionary, but the people flock to it. Apple should give their products more time to stay relevant and release a new device when it really advances the line.
    Good thing Apple devices hold their value well though, i sold my year old iPhone 4 not long ago for 325 (was 499 new). same story with my 3GS.

Getting yearly updates with Apple isnt as painful on the wallet as perhaps some other devices as you can still sell them on for a decent price. One of the many reasons i never worry about buying things from Apple.

This however is the first time I am torn between the black and the white version.....
    Wii # 8752-0092-2306-9612
    PSN ID : pez555

Dedicated Member
    Memphis, TN (Home of STAX records, Sun Studios, Beale Street, Graceland, Hi Records, Ardent Studios
    Visited Abbey Road among other things.
    Awesome!! One day I would like to make that pilgrimage.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by uofmtiger View Post
    Awesome!! One day I would like to make that pilgrimage.
    It was great. I went on a Monday (or Tuesday, can't remember) and there was at least 25 people there of all ages, nationality and sex. And this decades after The Beatles split. The wall was full of writings and messages and apparently they clean it once a week!

---

Two million iPhone 5 pre-orders in 24 hours. One has to wonder what the supply will be. Probably safest to order it as soon as one can. http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2012...-24-Hours.html

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    I am still waiting to hear about the 2 year old technology that was on Android that is the same as Airplay and iTunes Match.
    Then by all means, visit imore forums and read what tech has been out for 2 years. They seem to be pretty upset about their precious Apple not having simultaneous voice and data too. That tech is also 2 years old(or older).

I When I said that they "ripped off" (which is simply slang for "imitate") the idea, I was referring to apps on Android that reverse engineered the Airplay technology and now use it to send a signal from the Android devices to Apple licensed Airplay devices.
    And your reference to ripping off and imitating has another word, it's referred to as innovation. That's when you take something and improve upon it, like the way android is open and anyone can take devkit and build an app or use the software. Still using that misguided logic that Jobs said about android being a stolen system. I wish all that stuff was true so they could go ahead and sue, which is how Apple a would prefer to operate. Maybe if they had spent less on legal litigation they could have included something in the iPhone that was actually new. Speaking of, what's new this time? I seem to have forgotten what they introduced. oh wait, they used the word "revolutionary" a few times, bragged about iPad market share (but can't brag about iPhone market share because the obvious winner here is well known). And they introduced a new phone that had nothing really astonishing. Face it, the iPhone 5 just played catch-up to what's already out, and nobody wants to admit to that because it's not "keynote".

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

Dedicated Member
    Not surprised you can't back up your statement because there was nothing on Android two years ago that worked anything like iTunes Match combined with Siri in the way I described in the post you quoted.
    Last edited by uofmtiger; 09-18-2012 at 05:05.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    Not surprised you can't back up your statement because there was nothing on Android two years ago that worked anything like iTunes Match combined with Siri in the way I described in the post you quoted.
    Obviously you know so well because of your extensive experience with android. Quit trying to make someone do it for you, learn on your own instead of demanding other people just hand over things you can't show as factual. I told you to show proof with the ITC and patents infringed because I already know, your wanting me or someone else to post capabilities of something you can't even be bothered with using, much less look up something to back little precious Apple. My $#@! got ignored too, like what I said about them bringing something new, so don't feel bad. I knew you would ignore that, so we call it even. Apple didn't innovate anything in this new phone, and I'm not kidding features of android. You want to know, go get one and see for yourself.

Ultimate Veteran
    Watched the keynote. Was a good one. One thing I kind of want from the iPod Touch on the iPhone is the loop thing. Now when it's so thin it would be kind of nice to have a wrist strap on the iPhone even though I never find them aesthetically pleasing.

I thought for sure they would go 32, 64 and 128GB this time around. Bit surprised that they kept the 16GB around although I'd bet the 16GB model is bar none the most popular one.
    Last edited by Tutankhamun; 09-18-2012 at 10:04.

Elite Sage

PSN ID
    Lymphatik
    Seems the earliest i'll have it is Monday, 02 won't let me upgrade until Friday for a same day dispatch. Lame!

Watercooling: EK-Bay Spin Reservoir | EKWB Supremacy | EKWB Titan X Acetal+Nickel

500GB Black PS4

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX

iPhone 5 has a 'laser keyboard'? Well according to Fox it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    Here's some good news (for people WITH NFC)

MasterCard Opens PayPass UI to Developers

now we're going to see NFC take-off as it should, and only certain devices will work with the cardless/cashless system for paying for purchases.
    Look for Visa to follow suit, the big players getting behind NFC was an obvious move with fraud on the rise with plastic (even though some will say that NFC isn't secure, it's quite a bit more secure than a plastic card.)

With this move by a key player like Mastercard, NFC will get the push into the limelight.

Ultimate Veteran
    "Never let the facts get in the way of a good story"

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    not sure if srs

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanm1978 View Post
    not sure if srs
    NFC, while promising, still has a lot of hurdles to overcome (especially globally) before it will take off. It's probably at least two years out before it reaches critical mass. And even then I'm skeptical if it will gain mindshare with normal people, outside of geeks like us. A lot of regular people still don't even like paying with a Visa..

Elite Sage

PSN ID
    Lymphatik
    One good thing i've read about NFC is being able to program it to do different things. You can buy NFC stickers of eBay and program them so for instance you could program a NFC to make your phone go on silent, turn off Wifi and turn down the brightness when you get to work or you could program them to start playing media when you get into your car.

Those are the aspects of NFC that i find interesting, not so much wireless payments. Many places still don't accept them

500GB Black PS4

Thread Information