View Poll Results: Will you purchase the new iPad?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

14 20.59%
  • no

34 50.00%
  • Undecided.

13 19.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 364 of 403 FirstFirst ... 354364374 ... LastLast
Results 9,076 to 9,100 of 10059
    Dedicated Member
    Memphis, TN (Home of STAX records, Sun Studios, Beale Street, Graceland, Hi Records, Ardent Studios
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanm1978 View Post
    Obviously you know so well because of your extensive experience with android. Quit trying to make someone do it for you, learn on your own instead of demanding other people just hand over things you can't show as factual. I told you to show proof with the ITC and patents infringed because I already know, your wanting me or someone else to post capabilities of something you can't even be bothered with using, much less look up something to back little precious Apple. My $#@! got ignored too, like what I said about them bringing something new, so don't feel bad. I knew you would ignore that, so we call it even. Apple didn't innovate anything in this new phone, and I'm not kidding features of android. You want to know, go get one and see for yourself.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    I never made the comment that I would back up every word of the keynote (I haven't even watched it), so I don't have any reason to respond to what you saw. On the other hand, you stated that Android was able to do the things I posted 2 years ago, so it is up to you to back it up with something that did it. You can't because it did not exist.

The maker of the Android app that uses Airplay specifically says he reverse engineered the Apple Airplay (which is proprietary protocol) app right on his website and he did not believe it was illegal. Without Apple's innovation, his app would not exist. He would not have devices to use it with and he would not have a program to reverse engineer. It can be called innovation, imitation, or ripping off an existing techonolgy to use on a competitor's device. "It depends on what your definition of is is".

I am not sure that Apple would pursue a lawsuit (according to Wiki it is a proprietary protocol) on this matter since it will only help them sell more Airplay devices.

Here is some information on the patents: http://appleinsider.com/articles/10/...lications.html
    Last edited by uofmtiger; 09-18-2012 at 16:58.

Ultimate Veteran
    I don't see a benefit from jonathanm1978's posts. If NFC, or something else the iPhone 5 doesn't have, is a deal breaker for you then don't buy one! There's plenty of phones in the market, you can probably find one that fits you. There's no need to try and justify your purchase, or lack of, with charts or developments in technologies not included in the iPhone.
    Other opinions are available.

3. Likes BBK.. likes this post
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by uofmtiger View Post

The maker of the Android app that uses Airplay specifically says he reverse engineered the Apple Airplay (which is proprietary protocol) app right on his website and he did not believe it was illegal. Without Apple's innovation, his app would not exist. He would not have devices to use it with and he would not have a program to reverse engineer. It can be called innovation, imitation, or ripping off an existing techonolgy to use on a competitor's device. "It depends on what your definition of is is".
    For christ's sake you're talking about a $#@!in app...

I'm done here. There's too much fanboyism involved to have you people talk intelligently and use FACTS. You can't even keep it straight if you want to be mad about Android doing things apple couldn't do 2 years ago, or if you want to mad about an app developer making an app in a way you don't like...

Watch and see...the great will fall and when it does, I'll come back to this post and quote myself. They are already heavily criticized over their latest bull$#@! phone not bringing ANYTHING new (as I asked you to give examples of, which you can, OBVIOUSLY).
    It's not shock to see people getting pissy because I'm sure you have vested interest in apple, and you're losing money because people talk about it??

Strange when BoA got too big people demonstrated and boycotted..GM execs got axed...Fanny Mae and Freddie Mac got pummelling over scandal..but you act as though apple never does any wrong and is out of the consumer all the time..when they ARE NOT..and you're just blind to see you're being swindled. But then again, I don't care...Spend $600 on something when you could spend $200 and get the same exact thing (actually that does more and does it faster)...enjoy it.
    Last edited by jonathanm1978; 09-18-2012 at 19:32.

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    Watched the keynote. Was a good one. One thing I kind of want from the iPod Touch on the iPhone is the loop thing. Now when it's so thin it would be kind of nice to have a wrist strap on the iPhone even though I never find them aesthetically pleasing.

I thought for sure they would go 32, 64 and 128GB this time around. Bit surprised that they kept the 16GB around although I'd bet the 16GB model is bar none the most popular one.
    http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/18/s...emory-storage/

Ultimate Veteran
    That explains it. Next year then.

Ultimate Veteran
    Watch and see...the great will fall and when it does, I'll come back to this post and quote myself. They are already heavily criticized over their latest bull$#@! phone not bringing ANYTHING new (as I asked you to give examples of, which you can, OBVIOUSLY).
    "We don’t want to just make a new phone. We want to make a much better phone." - Jony Ive

Read this: http://www.asymco.com/2012/09/18/is-...e-good-enough/

Dedicated Member
    Memphis, TN (Home of STAX records, Sun Studios, Beale Street, Graceland, Hi Records, Ardent Studios
    For christ's sake you're talking about a $#@!in app...

I'm done here. There's too much fanboyism involved to have you people talk intelligently and use FACTS. .
    I had to assume you were referring to an app because Android had NOTHING like what I described (two years ago) despite your claims. You still haven't backed up that statement with any FACTS, so it is a bit difficult to debate facts when you haven't presented any to support your statement.

See ya. I will eagerly await the fall of Apple just to see your magnificent return to post on the subject.

Dedicated Member
    Macrumours has a bunch of reviews up now:

http://www.macrumors.com/

The David Pogue review had a funny line:

"This iPhone is so light, tall and flat, it’s well on its way to becoming a bookmark"

11. Likes MjW likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    ^^ lol

~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Ultimate Veteran
    What's everyone's case plan for the iPhone 5? I just use an iPod Sock for the iPhone 4 but the iPhone 5 will be too tall to fit. I really don't want anything bulky nor anything that stays on the phone while using it. Thinking I should get like a nice, thin, leather pouch or something.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    I usually don't like covers. I use one with the 4S mostly because it's glass and doesn't stay put easily.

If the new one's metal back has enough grip to stay put I'll have it naked.

Elite Sage

PSN ID
    Lymphatik
    I've never liked phone cases on the iPhone. It ruins the feel of them, I did used to use an iPod sock but that got lost many moons ago

Besides, insurance is my phone cover

BBK. Tapatalking.

Ultimate Veteran
    I used a case on the iPhone 3G but it ended up scratching the back a lot more than it would have scratched without it. Never used on for the iPhone 4 (just an iPod Sock) and while it does have a fairly big scratch on the back it's fine otherwise. The only concern I have this time around is that if the aluminum is anything like the back of iPod's it'll scratch to hell.

Elite Sage

PSN ID
    Lymphatik
    Yeah it would only take a rogue bit of salt on a desk to make a nice scratch. My iPhone 4 has got a few scratches but it goes through hell and back. I'm hoping that it's a nice metal that won't scratch too easily as I really don't want to use a case on a phone designed to look and feel nice in the hand

BBK. Tapatalking.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    Yeah it would only take a rogue bit of salt on a desk to make a nice scratch. My iPhone 4 has got a few scratches but it goes through hell and back. I'm hoping that it's a nice metal that won't scratch too easily as I really don't want to use a case on a phone designed to look and feel nice in the hand

BBK. Tapatalking.
    Upside of having the release one week later is that I can wait and see what U.S and U.K iPhone 5 owners find about any scratching issues and then order a case

-----

iOS 6 later today btw.

Dedicated Member
    Upside of having the release one week later is that I can wait and see what U.S and U.K iPhone 5 owners find about any scratching issues and then order a case

-----

iOS 6 later today btw.
    I know one of the reviews mentioned that the black was scraping off easily on 2 of their iPhones. The comment is in one of the summarized reviews on the Macrumours page I posted.

What new feature in iOS6 are you excited about? I haven't gotten around to watching the keynote, but they usually have a few new features they focus on. I have seen some mixed reviews of their maps app, but not much else.

Elite Sage

PSN ID
    Lymphatik
    Any idea what time iOS is released? Kinda' bummed out that they are removing the public transport information, that was always handy to use.

Ultimate Veteran
    I know one of the reviews mentioned that the black was scraping off easily on 2 of their iPhones. The comment is in one of the summarized reviews on the Macrumours page I posted.

What new feature in iOS6 are you excited about? I haven't gotten around to watching the keynote, but they usually have a few new features they focus on. I have seen some mixed reviews of their maps app, but not much else.
    I'm not that overly excited about anything per say. But Safari is my most used app on my iOS 6 devices so I'm looking forward to it being faster. Shared photo streams looks handy as well.

It's out now by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    Any idea what time iOS is released? Kinda' bummed out that they are removing the public transport information, that was always handy to use.
    Out now.

Ultimate Veteran
    Installed iOS 6 on my iPad 2. The clock app for iPad is very pretty. The new Apple maps over my town is black and white and a fairly low resolution. Looks like they can use some work.

Dedicated Member
    Installed iOS 6 on my iPad 2. The clock app for iPad is very pretty. The new Apple maps over my town is black and white and a fairly low resolution. Looks like they can use some work.
    I installed it on my iPhone (and started updating on my iPad) while I was home for lunch. I haven't had a chance to mess with any of the features. I think I need to check out Apple's website to read about the new features, so I know what to look for.

So ios6 is supposed to improve the speed of Safari? That is a nice update that will be great for my iPad.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Still playing with the settings on iOS6. There are improvements here and there. A shame Siri can't turn on bluetooth though. :/

Ultimate Veteran
    I installed it on my iPhone (and started updating on my iPad) while I was home for lunch. I haven't had a chance to mess with any of the features. I think I need to check out Apple's website to read about the new features, so I know what to look for.

So ios6 is supposed to improve the speed of Safari? That is a nice update that will be great for my iPad.
    Yeah. They've updated the JavaScript engine and I also think they're using a newer WebKit version. Feels a lot faster on my iPad 2. There's also tab syncing via iCloud so all your open tabs on your Mac is everywhere and vice versa.

Thread Information