Latest PSU headlines:

View Poll Results: Will you purchase the new iPad?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

14 20.59%
  • no

34 50.00%
  • Undecided.

13 19.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 364 of 396 FirstFirst ... 354364374 ... LastLast
Results 9,076 to 9,100 of 9896
    Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Acid Snake View Post
    Alright, gonna try that. Also another issue. There's a section on itunes when I ipod is plugged in called other space. It's nearly a gig and I can't figure out why that section is so big.
    Other is things like album arts, contacts, text database etc. Around one gig is probably right, depending on how much stuff you have on your device. Try syncing it to recalculate that space.

-------

Ordered an iPhone 5 this morning. Went 32GB White this time around.

3-4 week delivery time. Which in Apple talk means they don't have any phones in stock, meaning mine hasn't even been made yet.
    Other opinions are available.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by Duff-MaN_ View Post
    I was a bit wary about the increased screen size as I find certain larger android phones a bit uncomfortable to use, I've had no problems with the iphone 5 however, very easy to use with one hand.

Also I love iCloud! just logged in on my new phone and everything was there, used to spend hours transferring everything to a new phone
    Actually I can agree to that. I have been wanting a bigger screen on the iphone for ages and was jealous of the many android phones. Yesterday I spent a lot of time with a Galaxy S3 and while I'm a big guy with big hands it was impossible to operate the phone with one hand, as I was used to. I now get why Apple made so much fuzz about the "one hand usage". It could be just me though. Maybe after sometime you get used to need two hands to operate a phone?

On an other note, my iphone 5 is on it's way to me, since yesterday morning. With a bit of luck I'll have it later today.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Ultimate Veteran
    I'd rather not have to use two hands to use a phone. A use a phone when I'm on the go, more often than not I only have one hand available or using both would be inconvenient. Especially when walking.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    I'd rather not have to use two hands to use a phone. A use a phone when I'm on the go, more often than not I only have one hand available or using both would be inconvenient. Especially when walking.
    That's for sure. To someone who is used to use a phone with just one hand, having to use both is def an inconvenience.

I'm just guessing, maybe to someone who is used to use both hands, maybe not so much.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Cook
    To our customers,

At Apple, we strive to make world-class products that deliver the best experience possible to our customers. With the launch of our new Maps last week, we fell short on this commitment. We are extremely sorry for the frustration this has caused our customers and we are doing everything we can to make Maps better.

We launched Maps initially with the first version of iOS. As time progressed, we wanted to provide our customers with even better Maps including features such as turn-by-turn directions, voice integration, Flyover and vector-based maps. In order to do this, we had to create a new version of Maps from the ground up.

There are already more than 100 million iOS devices using the new Apple Maps, with more and more joining us every day. In just over a week, iOS users with the new Maps have already searched for nearly half a billion locations. The more our customers use our Maps the better it will get and we greatly appreciate all of the feedback we have received from you.

While we’re improving Maps, you can try alternatives by downloading map apps from the App Store like Bing, MapQuest and Waze, or use Google or Nokia maps by going to their websites and creating an icon on your home screen to their web app.

Everything we do at Apple is aimed at making our products the best in the world. We know that you expect that from us, and we will keep working non-stop until Maps lives up to the same incredibly high standard.

Tim Cook
    Apple’s CEO
    apple.com*

Embarrassing for Apple to have to apologize, but maps have not worked well. I expect them to improve rapidly though.
    Last edited by Tutankhamun; 09-28-2012 at 14:33.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Just arrived! No scuffs out of the box.

Ultimate Veteran
    Sweet! My mom's white one is at the post office, going to have a look at it later today.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Having a big problem with my Macbook Pro 13" from 2009, running Snow Leopard OSX....

This

I've been getting these a whole lot lately, but more so when I'm logged in and browsing Firefox or looking at a PDF file..sometimes, even randomly. Too many kernel panics, applications not working or quitting immediately. Even in safe mode, I can hardly...but now, as I type this post, I'm on my mac and nothing is happening, which is weird, because, what, did it suddenly develop a conscious and decided not to be such a $#@!ing asshole to me anymore?

I don't have warranty, I bought it in 2009 and it's long expired by now..so I'm taking it in tomorrow to see what the $#@! is wrong with this thing. I tried to boot it with the install DVD and tried to verify disk, but it failed to check for the problems. It gave me an error that prompted me to "repair disk" and even that didn't finish properly...I'm using Safari to browse the Internet, and all this week, I would get a lock screen just like in the image I posted while browsing on Safari. Sometimes, I would turn it on again and my screen would look all pixelated, as if something is wrong with the monitor, when clearly that's not the issue.

I'm thinking it's one of three things,

My HD, simply because it couldn't finish its Verify and Repair scans with the Install disk.

My RAM, my Macbook came with 2gb of it, DDR3, and I simply need to upgrade it to 4 or 6gb of it.

Or

My least favourite problem of all, Logic Board...$#@! THAT $#@!

Ultimate Veteran
    Let us know what it was Dre.

----

Played with my mom's iPhone 5 for a while. Made my iPhone 4 feel like $#@!. It's so great, the way it feels in your hand is like a luxury watch. I want mine now.

Superior Member
    So far I've found the new maps to be an improvement, the turn by turn is excellent, don't need to borrow tomtom's of people anymore

Forum Sage

Hopefully i'll have mine as soon as I'm back from America. I may even go to the Apple store, suitcase and all on my way back home Going with a 32GB black Sim Free one now

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    I'm liking the new iPhone so far. A lot of apps need to be updated though.

My gf got her white.

can't say that the black is much more beautiful than the white, as many sites had me believe. Both black and white are very nice. The only thing for sure is that the black is much more discreet while the white one screams Apple.

TA-pa-TA-pa-taPAtalk

I'm a hater, a traito.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duff-MaN_ View Post
    So far I've found the new maps to be an improvement, the turn by turn is excellent, don't need to borrow tomtom's of people anymore
    Well just keep your eyes on the road too for the time being anyway!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Delete this post... sorry guys
    Last edited by claud3; 09-29-2012 at 02:01.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    Other is things like album arts, contacts, text database etc. Around one gig is probably right, depending on how much stuff you have on your device. Try syncing it to recalculate that space.

-------

Ordered an iPhone 5 this morning. Went 32GB White this time around.

3-4 week delivery time. Which in Apple talk means they don't have any phones in stock, meaning mine hasn't even been made yet.
    Well, you have a point about the other space issue. But the appstore is still broken for me after restoring my ipod. When ever I use the search function and swipe through the results for a bit, it crashes and bounces right back to the home screen. Guess I'm screwed.
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 660 ti | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

Ultimate Veteran
    Well, you have a point about the other space issue. But the appstore is still broken for me after restoring my ipod. When ever I use the search function and swipe through the results for a bit, it crashes and bounces right back to the home screen. Guess I'm screwed.
    Did you do a restore or set it up as new? If you did a restore its possible the issue was carried over.

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    Did you do a restore or set it up as new? If you did a restore its possible the issue was carried over.
    Dammit, did not realize it, but I did restore it from a backup. A really recent one too. Gonna try a completely new restore.
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 660 ti | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

Ultimate Veteran
    Dammit, did not realize it, but I did restore it from a backup. A really recent one too. Gonna try a completely new restore.
    Yeah, set it up as new just to eliminate any software issues from your install.

Forum Sage

So yesterday i impulse bought a iPad (only a 16GB one as i'm only really going to use it for browsing and netflix maybe put a few films on it now and again though) and just wondering - are there any good apps that I can get on the iPad that i can't already use on my iPhone as so far i've literally just been downloading things i already have on my iPhone

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    So yesterday i impulse bought a iPad (only a 16GB one as i'm only really going to use it for browsing and netflix maybe put a few films on it now and again though) and just wondering - are there any good apps that I can get on the iPad that i can't already use on my iPhone as so far i've literally just been downloading things i already have on my iPhone
    Supposedly they are supposed to announce/release the mini in ~1 week.

Forum Sage

That's cool, If I wanted something that size I would've got a nexus 7.

Dedicated Member
    Memphis, TN (Home of STAX records, Sun Studios, Beale Street, Graceland, Hi Records, Ardent Studios
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    That's cool, If I wanted something that size I would've got a nexus 7.
    I am not interested in the size, either.

Most of the apps I have are the same as the apps I have on my iPhone.

Forum Sage

Yeah i'm getting the feeling i will use more or less the same apps i have on my iPhone but just a bit easier to read. It will be used in times when i can't be bothered to use my laptop for quicker internet surfing or forum posting

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    After almost a week with a black iphone 5, I love the aluminium back. It might scuff and scratch but I take that any day than the glass back of the 4S.

Forum Sage

I envy you. Still a few weeks until in back in the UK

BBK. Tapatalking.

Thread Information