View Poll Results: Will you purchase the new iPad?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    14 20.59%
  • no

    34 50.00%
  • Undecided.

    13 19.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 366 of 403 FirstFirst ... 356366376 ... LastLast
Results 9,126 to 9,150 of 10059
  1. #9126

    Royals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Florida
    PSN ID
    Royals26
    Age
    20
    Posts
    4,007
    Rep Power
    61
    Items AppleBattlefield 3Dice
    The whole "scuffing" problem on the black i5 is making me consider getting a white one.

  2. #9127
    I'm a hater, a traito.
    irish-sid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,660
    Rep Power
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Royals View Post
    The whole "scuffing" problem on the black i5 is making me consider getting a white one.
    What do you mean?

  3. #9128

    Royals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Florida
    PSN ID
    Royals26
    Age
    20
    Posts
    4,007
    Rep Power
    61
    Items AppleBattlefield 3Dice
    Quote Originally Posted by irish-sid View Post
    What do you mean?
    From what I see there's a lot of people opening the black i5's and finding "scuffs" on the sides and back.

  4. Likes irish-sid likes this post
  5. #9129
    I'm a hater, a traito.
    irish-sid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,660
    Rep Power
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Royals View Post
    From what I see there's a lot of people opening the black i5's and finding "scuffs" on the sides and back.
    Really? Shocking. I thought they were made of uber super duper best materials in the world ever.

  6. #9130

    Royals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Florida
    PSN ID
    Royals26
    Age
    20
    Posts
    4,007
    Rep Power
    61
    Items AppleBattlefield 3Dice
    Quote Originally Posted by irish-sid View Post
    Really? Shocking. I thought they were made of uber super duper best materials in the world ever.
    Well this year for the black i5 is anodized and easier to be scratched. The white is made out of aluminum, and people are reporting less scratching. Kinda shocking that this is happening tbh.

  7. Likes irish-sid likes this post
  8. #9131
    I'm a hater, a traito.
    irish-sid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,660
    Rep Power
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Royals View Post
    Well this year for the black i5 is anodized and easier to be scratched. The white is made out of aluminum, and people are reporting less scratching. Kinda shocking that this is happening tbh.
    Well, jeeze. That'll hurt their resale value. Looks like people are forced to put a tacky case on them now, which kinda defeats the purpose of the nice new design.

  9. #9132
    Forum Sage
    MjW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,580
    Rep Power
    101
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Aww man. It's "scuffgate".

    72 pages over at macrumors.

    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...445493&page=72

    I'm having second thoughts about the colour. On the other hand, a couple of usage scratches might not be a biggy.
    Whatever the case, gf offered to swap if I want.


    TA-pa-TA-pa-taPAtalk

    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

  10. #9133
    I'm a hater, a traito.
    irish-sid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,660
    Rep Power
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    Aww man. It's "scuffgate".

    72 pages over at macrumors.

    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...445493&page=72

    I'm having second thoughts about the colour. On the other hand, a couple of usage scratches might not be a biggy.
    Whatever the case, gf offered to swap if I want.


    TA-pa-TA-pa-taPAtalk
    If it's through your own neglect that's fine, but to come out of a factory sealed box like this is inexcusable...

    (and worse)

    They must've used maps team on the paint job
    Last edited by irish-sid; 09-21-2012 at 21:51.

  11. #9134
    young rich and tasteless
    squirrelbo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    London
    Age
    23
    Posts
    16,769
    Rep Power
    137
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by irish-sid View Post

    They must've used maps team on the paint job
    Na just under paid child labour.


    Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

    Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

  12. #9135
    Ultimate Veteran
    Tutankhamun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    21,503
    Rep Power
    133
    If you get a black one that's missing color. You obviously have a lemon and it shouldn't be any issues replacing it.

    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbo1 View Post
    Na just under paid child labour.


    Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    The Fair Labour Association found no evidence of child labour at Foxconn.
    Other opinions are available.

  13. #9136

    Royals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Florida
    PSN ID
    Royals26
    Age
    20
    Posts
    4,007
    Rep Power
    61
    Items AppleBattlefield 3Dice
    I'm thinking of buying a 13 inch MBP. I saw that there are rumors of a retina display 13 inch MBP coming out soon though? Any one know if those have any truth to them?

  14. #9137
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    8,005
    Rep Power
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by Royals View Post
    I'm thinking of buying a 13 inch MBP. I saw that there are rumors of a retina display 13 inch MBP coming out soon though? Any one know if those have any truth to them?
    Just rumors.


    I wouldn't expect anymore macbook updates till next year (likely summer) at the earliest.

  15. #9138
    Forum Sage
    MjW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,580
    Rep Power
    101
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Still no iMac. It really shouldn't be long right?


    Quote Originally Posted by irish-sid View Post
    If it's through your own neglect that's fine, but to come out of a factory sealed box like this is inexcusable...

    (and worse)

    They must've used maps team on the paint job
    Meh. I decided to take my chances with the black one. All tech blogs don't make any fuzz about it, so it shouldn't be an issue. We'll find out soon I guess.


    TA-pa-TA-pa-taPAtalk

    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

  16. #9139
    Ultimate Veteran
    Tutankhamun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    21,503
    Rep Power
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by Royals View Post
    I'm thinking of buying a 13 inch MBP. I saw that there are rumors of a retina display 13 inch MBP coming out soon though? Any one know if those have any truth to them?
    I'd wait until after October, if there will be another event to present the iPad Mini/Air. It's not a stretch to imagine there would be updated Mac's as well, with our without a Retina display.

    ----

    After seeing pics of people's white iPhones I'm tempted to get a white one. Will most likely be a last minute decision for me.
    Other opinions are available.

  17. Likes Royals likes this post
  18. #9140
    Veteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Switzerland
    PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Posts
    4,109
    Rep Power
    64
    Updated my iPad to iOS6 and i can feel that the new system is faster. I also really like the new app store interface.

  19. #9141
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    0
    I couldn't use ipad without JB so update will have to wait

  20. #9142
    young rich and tasteless
    squirrelbo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    London
    Age
    23
    Posts
    16,769
    Rep Power
    137
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    If you get a black one that's missing color. You obviously have a lemon and it shouldn't be any issues replacing it.



    The Fair Labour Association found no evidence of child labour at Foxconn.
    mate I was just winding you up, and lets be honest, foxcon makes nearly all of our consumer devices regardless of make.
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

    Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

  21. #9143
    I'm a hater, a traito.
    irish-sid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,660
    Rep Power
    78
    How's your displays? Any of this going on?

    http://jailbreakarena.net/problems-in-iphone-5-screen/

  22. #9144

    Royals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Florida
    PSN ID
    Royals26
    Age
    20
    Posts
    4,007
    Rep Power
    61
    Items AppleBattlefield 3Dice
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    I'd wait until after October, if there will be another event to present the iPad Mini/Air. It's not a stretch to imagine there would be updated Mac's as well, with our without a Retina display.

    ----

    After seeing pics of people's white iPhones I'm tempted to get a white one. Will most likely be a last minute decision for me.
    Ok I'll wait then. I feel my current PC starting to break down and I'm really getting sick of windows tbh.

  23. #9145
    Superior Member
    Marcsony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wolverhampton
    PSN ID
    Marcgear
    Age
    33
    Posts
    547
    Rep Power
    57
    Items PlayStation
    Just had an hour with my dads black Iphone 5 (no scratches) and whilst it does seem a nice bit of kit i just felt a touch underwhelmed with the whole thing. Ive owned first Iphone and Iphone 4 and after having a good tinker with it ill stick with what ive got at the mo.
    New member of the PS4 club

  24. #9146
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    8,005
    Rep Power
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    I'd wait until after October, if there will be another event to present the iPad Mini/Air. It's not a stretch to imagine there would be updated Mac's as well, with our without a Retina display.

    ----

    After seeing pics of people's white iPhones I'm tempted to get a white one. Will most likely be a last minute decision for me.
    Once you go black.....

  25. #9147
    You Big Dummy!
    XLR8TOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    PSTripleville
    Posts
    2,473
    Rep Power
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Royals View Post
    Well this year for the black i5 is anodized and easier to be scratched. The white is made out of aluminum, and people are reporting less scratching. Kinda shocking that this is happening tbh.
    Anodizing increases wear resistance. All aluminum has a small passivated layer naturally. It must be something else.
    Gold Medal, Conn Smythe, Stanley Cup.

    PS3:

  26. #9148
    I'm a hater, a traito.
    irish-sid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,660
    Rep Power
    78
    Has no one got this phone yet? Thought there'd be a bit more buzz around here. Is it disappointing or something?

  27. #9149
    Elite Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol!!
    Age
    25
    Posts
    10,858
    Rep Power
    97
    I should've had one by now but O2 decided it would be better to bend me over a desk and shove an iPhone sideways up my nether regions! Probably get one in two weeks when I'm back from the states unless I can buy a a sim free one for cheaper over there

    Edit: A quick search leads me to believe that you can't buy a sim free iPhone 5 in America? That's a bit annoying could've saved a nice amount of money if they did

    BBK. Tapatalking.
    Last edited by BBK..; 09-23-2012 at 21:45.

  28. #9150
    I'm a hater, a traito.
    irish-sid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,660
    Rep Power
    78
    No,i don't think SIM free. But verizon's are unlocked, so you could keep an eye on eBay for one.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.