View Poll Results: Will you purchase the new iPad?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

14 20.59%
  • no

34 50.00%
  • Undecided.

13 19.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 367 of 397 FirstFirst ... 357367377 ... LastLast
Results 9,151 to 9,175 of 9913
    Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Running a hackintosh is like getting an invite to Scarlett Johansson's bed and keeping your pants on. Only half the fun.
    Other opinions are available.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    Running a hackintosh is like getting an invite to Scarlett Johansson's bed and keeping your pants on. Only half the fun.
    How so?

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    How so?
    Steve Jobs used to reference this quote by Alan Kay "People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." It is the principle the Mac is built upon. Taking one away from the other doesn't yield the full experience.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    They build their own hardware? Basically they have pc components that you can buy yourself... right? Maybe I misunderstood...

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Steve Jobs used to reference this quote by Alan Kay "People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." It is the principle the Mac is built upon. Taking one away from the other doesn't yield the full experience.
    I dont buy that so I don't buy Mac OS for my computer.
    Like Activision did with Tony Hawk ride, those guys must be dead serious about software.

Ultimate Veteran
    They build their own hardware? Basically they have pc components that you can buy yourself... right? Maybe I misunderstood...
    Components certainly are a commodity but they way they're put together in a package defines the value.

Hackinthoses brings issues such as software update incompatibility with it. Usually not having those types of issues is where part of the value of the Mac is as well.

Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    I dont buy that so I don't buy Mac OS for my computer.
    Like Activision did with Tony Hawk ride, those guys must be dead serious about software.
    I'm sure they're serious, but you have to back up good values with great products. That's something they've struggled with.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Basically a proprietary setup. If you can buy the actual components that are in the Mac surely the updates should be compatible. I'll have to do a lot more research. The price difference is what has killed me getting the actual product.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    If they would just alow MAc OS to work on a regular retqail hardware I would give it a try.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    That's my problem. I can't get the idea of spending 1000 for lesser hardware.

Ultimate Veteran
    Basically a proprietary setup. If you can buy the actual components that are in the Mac surely the updates should be compatible. I'll have to do a lot more research. The price difference is what has killed me getting the actual product.
    Updates are often not compatible. Causing wait times until you can install it. The price difference isn't as big as it used to be. Especially when you factor in build quality and price of bundled software.

Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    If they would just alow MAc OS to work on a regular retqail hardware I would give it a try.
    They tried that once. It didn't work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macinto..._clone_program

Remember that Mountain Lion costs $19.99 per license. Subsidized by the hardware.
    Last edited by Tutankhamun; 10-15-2012 at 16:10.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    If it were a few hundred difference.... it wouldn't be a problem at all. First, I can't even get my specs on a macbook pro, and the closest I can get is $950 difference. That doesn't fall in line. I want one BAD, just not break the bank bad.
    Last edited by F34R; 10-15-2012 at 17:18.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Has anyone tried this Simpsons Tapped Out game? I am so addicted to it!!!!

I've started playing it, it is quite a addictive game. Reminds me of CastleCraft. I do hate games like these but they are so addictive, i keep checking back every few minutes to get the cash from my houses even though i put the characters on hour long quests at a time

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I have it but just haven't started playing yet.

Forum Sage
    If it were a few hundred difference.... it wouldn't be a problem at all. First, I can't even get my specs on a macbook pro, and the closest I can get is $950 difference. That doesn't fall in line. I want one BAD, just not break the bank bad.
    Same as me. I really want a Mac and to get my grubby little fingers on Logic but I can't justify buying one just yet. I may upgrade my desktop and buy a 13" MBP next year before I decide to get another gaming laptop.

Forum Sage
    Components certainly are a commodity but they way they're put together in a package defines the value.

Hackinthoses brings issues such as software update incompatibility with it. Usually not having those types of issues is where part of the value of the Mac is as well.

I'm sure they're serious, but you have to back up good values with great products. That's something they've struggled with.

If you can assemble your own computer with the exact hardware in an imac/mac pro I fail to see any disadvantage aside from aesthetics.

The advantage is that you can build a PC like you normally would but have the advantage of being able to run OSX in addition to windows, with few if any changes to the specs.

Of course the other option is literally taking components out of existing macs and putting them in your own enclosure.

You have more of a point regarding laptops.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Damn are mac minis overpriced. Cost a bunch of money and have specifications of the previous era. Im currently thinking about getting a mac computer. I have a very old 2008 imac and i really need an upgrade. Even though i have a decent computer (Alienware X51), i want to get agood mac for work and other stuff. I use PC mainly for gaming.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Damn are mac minis overpriced. Cost a bunch of money and have specifications of the previous era. Im currently thinking about getting a mac computer. I have a very old 2008 imac and i really need an upgrade. Even though i have a decent computer (Alienware X51), i want to get agood mac for work and other stuff. I use PC mainly for gaming.
    The new iMacs are going to be announced either this month or next month... as well as the iPad Mini and the 13" Retina MacBook Pro. Hopefully the Mac Mini will be updated as well... it's been a while. You could always build yourself a Hackintosh. iMacs are a pain in the ass to deal with if you need to replace the hard drive... and from the rumors I'm hearing you may not even be able to take off the display panel this time to access the inside, not to mention it's probably going to be dramatically thinner... and probably more expensive.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Forum Sage
    13" Mbp with retina display sounds right up my road. I wanted a 27" iMac for a while but until I find a away to be able to use the display with my PC I'll stick to a MBP. May get one once I pay my credit card off

BBK. Tapatalking

Administrator
    You should definitely focus on paying off that credit card debt first.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    You should definitely focus on paying off that credit card debt first.
    I do my finances are all in check. I rarely use my credit card, only use it occasionally to build up a good credit rating. I won't get a Mbp for the next year anyway. I have other things that I need to get first really

BBK. Tapatalking

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    I do my finances are all in check. I rarely use my credit card, only use it occasionally to build up a good credit rating. I won't get a Mbp for the next year anyway. I have other things that I need to get first really

BBK. Tapatalking
    I hear ya. I'm only now fixing my credit after my younger, dumb ass self went credit crazy. I wish I could go back in time and $#@!-slap myself

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    I hear ya. I'm only now fixing my credit after my younger, dumb ass self went credit crazy. I wish I could go back in time and $#@!-slap myself
    I'm the same way lol. Once I get it all taken care off ($2000 left to go), I won't have credit cards at all again. Period.

Forum Sage
    I was put off for having one for ages but as long as you can make the repayments it's never too bad. I usually get s decent interest free period as well. I know some people live off them but I'd just rather use a CC than my overdraft

BBK. Tapatalking

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    If I can keep the amount low enough to pay it each month, and have interest free when I can't.. ok I'm game.

Administrator
    But do you really NEED to spend that much on a computer?

Thread Information