View Poll Results: Will you purchase the new iPad?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

14 20.59%
  • no

34 50.00%
  • Undecided.

13 19.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 369 of 397 FirstFirst ... 359369379 ... LastLast
Results 9,201 to 9,225 of 9913
    Elite Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Man, it's his money, i'm sure he knows exactly what he is buying. I hate when people (i'm guilty of doing this as well so i'm not singling anyone out) say, "why buy X instead of Y when you can get Y for Z cheaper?" There are somethings that just feel better on a Mac or are only available on a Mac. He could buy a hackintosh but doesn't want to go through the effort. For all we know he could be a $#@!ing millionaire and a few hundred means nothing to him.

But yeah, I remember thinking how crazy the concept of Carmageddon was when i was a youngster. I bet it doesn't even phase the younger kids of today. Crazy to think how a game that was banned in so many places years ago gets released easy as anything today!

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    Man, it's his money, i'm sure he knows exactly what he is buying. I hate when people (i'm guilty of doing this as well so i'm not singling anyone out) say, "why buy X instead of Y when you can get Y for Z cheaper?" There are somethings that just feel better on a Mac or are only available on a Mac.
    And the truth shall set you free! If I could buy my exact 27" iMac for less, I would. If you can find me an all in one computer with lightening bolt, firewire, usb, sd card, superdrive, with bluetooth mouse and low profile keyboard, with the same 27" LED screen, running Mac OSX Mountain Lion, with full warranty and support, then I would. But I have never found one, and I have no time or desire to build a computer and hack an OS onto it.

Apple products sell well because of people like me. It just works, works great, looks great and has full coverage.
    Last edited by Soldier 95B; 10-17-2012 at 21:18.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Man, it's his money, i'm sure he knows exactly what he is buying. I hate when people (i'm guilty of doing this as well so i'm not singling anyone out) say, "why buy X instead of Y when you can get Y for Z cheaper?" There are somethings that just feel better on a Mac or are only available on a Mac. He could buy a hackintosh but doesn't want to go through the effort. For all we know he could be a $#@!ing millionaire and a few hundred means nothing to him.

But yeah, I remember thinking how crazy the concept of Carmageddon was when i was a youngster. I bet it doesn't even phase the younger kids of today. Crazy to think how a game that was banned in so many places years ago gets released easy as anything today!
    Not telling him what to do with his money... I'm telling him what his money is getting. The iMac is a solid computer. I have one in front of me right now.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Not telling him what to do with his money... I'm telling him what his money is getting. The iMac is a solid computer. I have one in front of me right now.
    But that's what I mean. I'm sure he is fully aware of what he is getting. I doubt he will impulse buy that. Unless not everyone is like me and doesn't review the $#@! out of everything and anything (I love reading reviews. I even read reviews of things i've already bought and movies i've watched )

It's like my friend who recently bought the S3 and he is determined to make me buy that rather than the iPhone 5 "Oh but dude it does this this and this better than the iPhone and it's cheaper" ARGHHHHHHH

Administrator
    But that's what I mean. I'm sure he is fully aware of what he is getting. I doubt he will impulse buy that. Unless not everyone is like me and doesn't review the $#@! out of everything and anything (I love reading reviews. I even read reviews of things i've already bought and movies i've watched )

It's like my friend who recently bought the S3 and he is determined to make me buy that rather than the iPhone 5 "Oh but dude it does this this and this better than the iPhone and it's cheaper" ARGHHHHHHH
    I know where you're coming from as the same thing pisses me off... lol.

I can't use anything but OS X for audio/video these days, so Windows isn't an option as a workstation. I use Windows for gaming, though.

On a side note, I hate Android.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I have a disorder that requires me to get the best for the buck. I can't pay MORE for less hardware.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    I know exactly what components are in an iMac and their capabilities. And I still wanted one since early 2012.

What can I say? I'm sick of windows and building PCs isn't fun anymore. I stopped playing PC games and my video transcoding needs will be well covered by an iMac.
    I look forward to Apple's ecosystem and plan to make the most of it.

Plus I'll get it tax free.

TA-pa-TA-pa-taPAtalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    I know exactly what components are in an iMac and their capabilities. And I still wanted one since early 2012.

What can I say? I'm sick of windows and building PCs isn't fun anymore. I stopped playing PC games and my video transcoding needs will be well covered by an iMac.

TA-pa-TA-pa-taPAtalk
    Blasphemy

Administrator

TA-pa-TA-pa-taPAtalk
    The iMac should be more than enough for your video editing needs. I've been editing 4K video on mine and it works just fine... the new ones it should be a snap. One more week and you'll get to see the shiny new iMacs with USB 3.0 and a sleek new design and whatever other magical things they have to show us. I may just sell my current iMac and get the new one... I'll reserve building my own PCs for gaming like I always have.

Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Blasphemy
    This... lol. I love building PCs... especially with all the liquid cooling and sound-reactive neon tubing and such. Good times.

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Ordered my white iPhone 5 a couple of days ago. Very excited.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    IS that going to hurt Apple or Samsung more?

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    IS that going to hurt Apple or Samsung more?
    Apple.

Samsung typically provides better quality screens in apple devices than other vendors (like LG).

Anybody buying a retina mbp next year (likely when they update it) is likely going to be pisses if LG is the sole provider of those screens. (they have significant image retention issues, unlike the Samsung lcd panels)

It will be interesting to see whether apple simply finds other suppliers or considers making more of their components in house.

Ultimate Veteran
    My iPhone 5 order has changed status to "Preparing for shipment". Should have it before the end of the week
    Other opinions are available.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    My iPhone 5 order has changed status to "Preparing for shipment". Should have it before the end of the week
    When is it supposed to be available at retail stores in Sweden?

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    When is it supposed to be available at retail stores in Sweden?
    28th of September. But all stores except our first Apple Store in Täby, Stockholm had very limited stock. But I'll make the trip to the Apple Store for any high demand in the future. They had iPhone's for everyone and then some for the iPhone 5 launch. Seems like the best bet.

EDIT: Forgot to mention Apple is the only one selling unlocked one's as well.
    Last edited by Tutankhamun; 10-22-2012 at 19:29.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    Nice

I'm back in the UK now so going to go to my local Apple store(s) and see if any of them have an unlocked handset that I can pick up. I hope the stores have some, i'd be surprised if they didn't.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Hope you both get your fix.

On an other note, it smells like iMac today.

Elite Sage
    Anyone ever bought a Sim free iPhone before? Whilst looking at Carphonewarehouse's website i came accross this:
    Please note: iPhone will lock itself to the network of the first SIM card that is used in the phone. Subsequently attempting to use it on any other network, for example by replacing the SIM card, may mean it becomes permanently unusable. SIM free iPhones can only be used with a UK-network SIM card, and will not accept foreign SIM cards.

Is this true even if i buy one directly from Apple? The whole reason i want to buy a sim free phone is so that I can go on different contracts when the time fits. At the moment I want to swap to '3' but in a few months time I may want to go on a whole different network. If that quote is true, it's thrown a spanner in the works.

Forum Sage
    Anyone ever bought a Sim free iPhone before? Whilst looking at Carphonewarehouse's website i came accross this:

Is this true even if i buy one directly from Apple? The whole reason i want to buy a sim free phone is so that I can go on different contracts when the time fits. At the moment I want to swap to '3' but in a few months time I may want to go on a whole different network. If that quote is true, it's thrown a spanner in the works. [/FONT][/COLOR]
    If it is properly unlocked (which apple does offer) that it shouldn't be an issue.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    ^^ Yes that sounds weird. If you buy an unlocked iPhone, it should be unlocked, period.

TA-pa-TA-pa-taPAtalk

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    On an other note, it smells like iMac today.
    Dear god, please! Now imagine a retina display iMac!

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    Dear god, please! Now imagine a retina display iMac!
    Then imagine how expensive the retina model will be.

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Then imagine how expensive the retina model will be.
    Who doesn't have an extra 5k in the basement?

Ultimate Veteran

Is this true even if i buy one directly from Apple? The whole reason i want to buy a sim free phone is so that I can go on different contracts when the time fits. At the moment I want to swap to '3' but in a few months time I may want to go on a whole different network. If that quote is true, it's thrown a spanner in the works. [/FONT][/COLOR]
    Don't know about the U.K but iPhone's bought here via Apple for full price that are unlocked are totally unlocked and remains so. Shouldn't be a difference in the U.K. You could always call Apple to ask just to be sure.

---

BTW: The event today is streamed live on both the Apple TV and online: http://www.macrumors.com/2012/10/23/...pples-website/

I hope they continue doing this now!

Thread Information