Latest PSU headlines:

View Poll Results: Will you purchase the new iPad?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

14 20.59%
  • no

34 50.00%
  • Undecided.

13 19.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 374 of 397 FirstFirst ... 364374384 ... LastLast
Results 9,326 to 9,350 of 9911
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I don't like the width of the mini. Thought its have some updated specs instead of now two generations behind.

Sent from my i5 using Tapatalk

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I don't like the width of the mini. Thought its have some updated specs instead of now two generations behind.

Yeah the specifications are kinda disappointing but i think that better hardware wont fit in a such small device like the ipad mini.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    If it fits in the iPhone 5, surely those engineers could fit them in the iPad mini.

Forum Sage

I quite like the mini. My friend bought one and it feels so much more comfortable to use than my iPad 3. It doesn't hurt the wrist when holding it. The thing is just so thin and so light it's unreal.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    If it fits in the iPhone 5, surely those engineers could fit them in the iPad mini.

Yeah you are right. I have the same question concerning the iPod Touch, why doesnt it have same specs as iphone5. I guess its business stuff.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    i would buy a mini, but is the specs are less then an ipad 2 and ipad 2 is only 30 more.....

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    The size makes sense... The specs don't. Kinda win/lose.

The majority of users don't look at specs.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Yeah the specifications are kinda disappointing but i think that better hardware wont fit in a such small device like the ipad mini.
    LOL.

Yeah you are right. I have the same question concerning the iPod Touch, why doesnt it have same specs as iphone5. I guess its business stuff.
    Oh I don't know, how about because people won't pay $499+ for it. At least it has the same screen as the 5. That is a first.

The size makes sense... The specs don't. Kinda win/lose.

The majority of users don't look at specs.

Suckers.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    The ipod touch is already overpriced as it is so why not add better hardware.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    The ipod touch is already overpriced as it is so why not add better hardware.
    Profit margin.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Profit margin.

And thats the $#@!ing problem and the reason why ipod touches and ipad minis have such $#@!ty hardware. Same with computers. Those high end imacs are such crap performance wise.

Forum Sage

And thats the $#@!ing problem and the reason why ipod touches and ipad minis have such $#@!ty hardware. Same with computers. Those high end imacs are such crap performance wise.
    Depends what you want to use it for...

There are reasons why so many professionals use iMac's and MBP's. I'd love to see a Windows machine run Logic... Oh wait... They can't.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    Depends what you want to use it for...

There are reasons why so many professionals use iMac's and MBP's. I'd love to see a Windows machine run Logic... Oh wait... They can't.
    They cant only because Logic is for MAC and that is an invalid statement as we are talking about hardware. If it would be for windows it would run 2x faster. Real professionals use special monitors and beast machines.

Forum Sage

They cant only because Logic is for MAC and that is an invalid statement as we are talking about hardware. If it would be for windows it would run 2x faster. Real professionals use special monitors and beast machines.
    oh right, so now you know what every professional needs? If your doing CAD/CAM work then yeah, a beast PC is needed... I don't think every professional needs a beast PC. As I said, there are reasons why people use Macs over a traditional PC otherwise they wouldn't be everywhere. For example, where I work, the communication and design department has over 20 iMacs and not a single PC. Kind of throws your statement about real professionals out of the window.

I'm not arguing that Apple products are often overpriced for the hardware you get inside of them because they are, the same way Alienware are guilty of overcharging for lesser parts on PC's however to claim that real professionals only use beast PC's is very shortsighted on your behalf.

There are times when a PC is better and there are times where a Mac is better. As I said - there are reasons why so many professionals decide to use a Mac over a PC.

BBK. Tapatalking
    Last edited by BBK..; 11-12-2012 at 17:46.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I know a lot of professionals who uses set ups with no apple devices at all and those include professional car designers, video animators, graphic designers, digital artists etc.

Forum Sage

But that doesn't mean that professionals don't use Apple products. You can't seem to grasp that it isn't all about power, not everyone needs or wants to use a Windows product. That doesn't mean your wrong, as you said you know professionals that don't use Apple but i know professionals that do use Apple.

My main gripe is with your statement that real professionals don't use Apple, when that is clearly wrong.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Ok... High end iMac doesn't have worse performance than a windows machine that has the same hardware. The iMac just has a higher price.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    But that doesn't mean that professionals don't use Apple products. You can't seem to grasp that it isn't all about power, not everyone needs or wants to use a Windows product. That doesn't mean your wrong, as you said you know professionals that don't use Apple but i know professionals that do use Apple.

My main gripe is with your statement that real professionals don't use Apple, when that is clearly wrong.
    Lets just agree on that Professionals use both MAC and PC, however in most cases PCs are being used if high end power is required and in professional categories high end hardware which provides very good performance is a big requirement. In the music category some professionals use Macs for a cleaner and more simple interface and look.

Ok... High end iMac doesn't have worse performance than a windows machine that has the same hardware. The iMac just has a higher price.

Thats logic but the price and the hardware ratio is the problem in Apple products. With the amount of money a high end imac costs you can buy a pc with 3x times better hardware for the same price. You can easily build yourself for 800$ a pc with same specs as a 2500$ high end imac.
    Last edited by Cybertox; 11-12-2012 at 18:44.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    So whats up Apple Defenders, nothing more to say ?

Forum Sage

Lets just agree on that Professionals use both MAC and PC, however in most cases PCs are being used if high end power is required and in professional categories high end hardware which provides very good performance is a big requirement. In the music category some professionals use Macs for a cleaner and more simple interface and look.
    I can agree with this more, not 100% though. It's more than just musicians that use Macs and i don't think the cleaner look is why they prefer it.

I should add that i'm not an 'Apple Defender' by any stretch of the imagination.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Thats logic but the price and the hardware ratio is the problem in Apple products. With the amount of money a high end imac costs you can buy a pc with 3x times better hardware for the same price. You can easily build yourself for 800$ a pc with same specs as a 2500$ high end imac.
    Yeah I can. But I will most definitely not.

I did it last time. I'm tired of windows and PC building, plus why not give a try to Apple's ecosystem.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    Yeah I can. But I will most definitely not.

I did it last time. I'm tired of windows and PC building, plus why not give a try to Apple's ecosystem.
    I didnt know that overpriced hardware and slow software is considered an ecosystem.

Believe me guys i dont hate apple and i have many apple devices and a mac at home but there is nothing attractive in their products excluding the design. Mac computers have a very nice design, probably the best one but their hardware is awful. Same with the software. It has a very clean and nice looking interface and its also very simple to use but its slow in terms of performance.
    Last edited by Cybertox; 11-13-2012 at 09:53.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    I didnt know that overpriced hardware and slow software is considered an ecosystem.

Believe me guys i dont hate apple and i have many apple devices and a mac at home but there is nothing attractive in their products excluding the design. Mac computers have a very nice design, probably the best one but their hardware is awful. Same with the software. It has a very clean and nice looking interface and its also very simple to use but its slow in terms of performance.
    It is an ecosystem.
    And you know, even if it's not, well at least iPhone pics will get the orientation right.

Also don't start hate posts by "Believe me, I don't hate".

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    It is an ecosystem.
    And you know, even if it's not, well at least iPhone pics will get the orientation right.

Also don't start hate posts by "Believe me, I don't hate".
    If i would hate apple i wouldnt buy their products. You also seem to not comprehend my posts as they have nothing to do with hating as im giving real facts.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    If i would hate apple i wouldnt buy their products. You also seem to not comprehend my posts as they have nothing to do with hating as im giving real facts.
    Nah. I just like pulling your leg.

TA-pa-TA-pa-taPAtalk

Thread Information