Latest PSU headlines:

View Poll Results: Will you purchase the new iPad?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

13 19.70%
  • no

32 48.48%
  • Undecided.

12 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 380 of 396 FirstFirst ... 370380390 ... LastLast
Results 9,476 to 9,500 of 9876
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Sold my soul.
    Ahh... yeah that's the "Apple tax" people talk about. :P
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Its like owning something new lol. I didn't really think it was going to be too much a learning experience; but I've been wrong in that regard. This is going to be a chore, but one that I'm willing to go through.

ADMINISTRATOR
    Its like owning something new lol. I didn't really think it was going to be too much a learning experience; but I've been wrong in that regard. This is going to be a chore, but one that I'm willing to go through.
    It's way simpler than Windows. If you get super confused about something, send me a PM or post in the forums.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Heck, I'm already super confused lol. About what? Everything. lol

ADMINISTRATOR
    Heck, I'm already super confused lol. About what? Everything. lol
    Well when you have something more specific than everything... lol.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Well when you have something more specific than everything... lol.
    Its just all kinda confusing after being on Windows for the past 17 years.

ADMINISTRATOR
    Understandable.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    This is why I'm always on the fence for macs. If I ever get one I'll run windows on em

ADMINISTRATOR
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    This is why I'm always on the fence for macs. If I ever get one I'll run windows on em
    You can, but Macs are a breeze to use and once you get used to them Windows begins to feel rather archaic. I utterly hate how overpriced they are, but I love OS X. My next computer is going to be a Hackintosh. That way I can dual boot and use both OS's.

Forum Sage
    Why wait?

Sold my soul.
    Intel's new processors come out then.

Faster than the current ones, significantly better integrated graphics chipset than the current HD4000, run cooler and draw less energy (better batterylife).

ADMINISTRATOR
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post

Faster than the current ones, significantly better integrated graphics chipset than the current HD4000, run cooler and draw less energy (better batterylife).
    Yep. A plus on all accounts.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER

So how long till they are in the iMacs though? I mean, I have 15 days on these machines, and waiting a few more months isn't too bad.

Forum Sage
    So how long till they are in the iMacs though? I mean, I have 15 days on these machines, and waiting a few more months isn't too bad.
    Hard to say. Apple tends to keep their laptops more up to date than their desktops. I'd assume the imac would be updated shortly after the new intel processors are released during the summer, but I'm not as sure about the imac being refreshed as soon as the macbooks.

ADMINISTRATOR
    Hard to say. Apple tends to keep their laptops more up to date than their desktops. I'd assume the imac would be updated shortly after the new intel processors are released during the summer, but I'm not as sure about the imac being refreshed as soon as the macbooks.
    The new Mac Pros should be out as well when the new Intel chips release.

Ultimate Veteran
    They'll tend to stick to Spring or Autumn to update the Mac line. Spec bumbs can happen at anytime but redesigns are traditionally done in either Spring our Autumn.

Considering the iMac's got a new design recently, that they just now are starting to get a handle on, I'd say we're in it for the long-haul with that design.

Not sure what MBP you got, Retina or regular? Don't think they'll do much with the design of the regular MBP anytime soon. They may change some stuff on the rMBP to make it handle heat better but the external design will likely be the same for a while there too.

Keep in mind Apple needs a ****load of chips from Intel so it's harder for them to update the specs directly after they come out than for other low volume manufactures.
    Other opinions are available.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I got a regular mbp instead of the retina one. Really, this was an opened box from Best Buy, and I got a good price on it. If I go to the Apple website right now, this is the base config of the non-retina mbp. It's $1799 for it. I got it for $1438.

I have 13 days to keep debating on what to do. Keep this now, or wait until the specs are bumped. That will also mean the price is going to be higher for me at that point. So, I'm going to put it through a lot to see if these specs are what I'll be fine with.

I honestly thought it wasn't going to do well with some things. Comparing it to my Asus... it seems like it would be extremely inferior.

This has 512MB GT650M, my Asus has a 2GB GTX 660M. This has 4GB RAM, my Asus has 8GB. So far, the things I've done on the Asus have been just the same on this MBP.

ADMINISTRATOR
    I got a regular mbp instead of the retina one. Really, this was an opened box from Best Buy, and I got a good price on it. If I go to the Apple website right now, this is the base config of the non-retina mbp. It's $1799 for it. I got it for $1438.

I have 13 days to keep debating on what to do. Keep this now, or wait until the specs are bumped. That will also mean the price is going to be higher for me at that point. So, I'm going to put it through a lot to see if these specs are what I'll be fine with.

I honestly thought it wasn't going to do well with some things. Comparing it to my Asus... it seems like it would be extremely inferior.

This has 512MB GT650M, my Asus has a 2GB GTX 660M. This has 4GB RAM, my Asus has 8GB. So far, the things I've done on the Asus have been just the same on this MBP.
    The Apple refurb section of their website has similar if not better deals than that.

Forum Sage

Well the cpu's match up closely so the main differentiator is the gpu (which matters most for gaming).

Plus I believe your asus has a 1080p screen, mbp has a 1440 x 900 screen.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    The Apple refurb section of their website has similar if not better deals than that.
    The refurb section has the same mbp on there, but it's at $1528.
    Well the cpu's match up closely so the main differentiator is the gpu (which matters most for gaming).

Plus I believe your asus has a 1080p screen, mbp has a 1440 x 900 screen.
    Yeah, those two are the other things I'm thinking about. 17" 1080p, 15.4" "900p". I haven't been gaming on the PC that much to be honest. Diablo III, Sim City, and a few other things. So, there's a few things to think about until I make the final decision.

Honestly, I've been freakin' playing on my iPad the most. I haven't even touched a console in a while. Over the past few weeks, I've put in almost 60hrs on Real Racing 3 on my iPad.

Dedicated Member
    Memphis, TN (Home of STAX records, Sun Studios, Beale Street, Graceland, Hi Records, Ardent Studios
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    I have three Macs and run Windows on two of them. The iMac can be used as a display for a MBP via thunderbolt that runs Windows, so I haven't added Windows to the iMac and probably won't. The price of adding Windows/VMWare Fusion has been pretty cheap, so it just seemed like a no-brainer for me.

I know I will never be as comfortable using OSX as Windows. However, I have Macs because, for me, they don't feel as connected to my work. I still use Windows for work related projects, so it should stay that way.

Mm..waffles..
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    The only reason I'd install Win on the iMac would be to run Win only games. I still haven't bothered though. Only Win game I'd like is AoEII HD, and replay AoE3.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Master Poster
    Anybody having issues with itunes/app store lately?

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cage View Post
    Anybody having issues with itunes/app store lately?
    I had a bit of trouble first thing this morning when I was trying to install the app of the day, but it seems to be working fine now. What kind of issues you having?

Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    I had a bit of trouble first thing this morning when I was trying to install the app of the day, but it seems to be working fine now. What kind of issues you having?
    It takes ages to load and it says "unable to download" when i try to update my apps

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    No problems here. Working fine for me. NA.

Thread Information