View Poll Results: Will you purchase the new iPad?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

14 20.59%
  • no

34 50.00%
  • Undecided.

13 19.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 382 of 403 FirstFirst ... 372382392 ... LastLast
Results 9,526 to 9,550 of 10059
    Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I'll get my hotmail acct on there and see where we can go from here.
    Thanks mate

Ah, just found the solution. The setting that I had to alter was "Mail days to sync", and set it to no limit.

Cool. Thanks anyway, man.

Master Poster
    Hi all just need your opinions, my sister wants to get a iMac but she can't decide between the new one and the one from 2011 ... she likes the look of the new one but it doesn't have a disc drive also does both models have wifi? which one is better in your opinion? and is it worth it to get the new one? also she never used OSX before just iOS devices cheerz
    Last edited by The Cage; 12-17-2012 at 04:31.

Forum Overseer
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    The new one will be fine. If you need an optical, you can always buy one to tether. If you wanna go with an optical drive, just use the 2012 models that aren't the newest ones.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cage View Post
    Hi all just need your opinions, my sister wants to get a iMac but she can't decide between the new one and the one from 2011 ... she likes the look of the new one but it doesn't have a disc drive also does both models have wifi? which one is better in your opinion? and is it worth it to get the new one? also she never used OSX before just iOS devices cheerz
    I guess its better to get the new model. Yes both computers have wifi, as far as i know.

PSN ID
    Royals26
    Items AppleBattlefield 3Dice
    My iMac will be here tomorrow, can't wait!

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001
    I wasn't sure to make a new thread or just post it in this one since it is related.

It seems this lawsuit has really backfired on Apple. The lawsuit has garnered a lot of attention to the patent system, as a result many key Apple patents have been invalidated and I wouldn't doubt that more are to come.

On top of this one of Apples key goals of getting an injunction on Samsung products has failed and while Samsung was denied a retrial on jury misconduct they are likely to get a retrial (or at least greatly reduced damages) due to the invalidated patents.

"Pinch to Zoom" U.S. patent No. 7,844,915 Invalidated http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...21219174625546

"Rubber Band" U.S. Patent No. 7,469,381 Invalidated http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...21023121611827

"Multi-touch" U.S. Patent #7,479,949 ('949) Invalidated
    http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...21207183905277

Judge Koh Rules - No Injunction; No New Trial on Jury Misconduct
    http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...21218075540657
    Last edited by Ryunosuke; 12-20-2012 at 00:36.

7. Likes Ezekiel likes this post
    Forum Sage

Any links man? I'd love to read a bit more about this. Appreciate it.

Wibbly Wobbly
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryunosuke View Post
    I wasn't sure to make a new thread or just post it in this one since it is related.

It seems this lawsuit has really backfired on Apple. The lawsuit has garnered a lot of attention to the patent system, as a result many key Apple patents have been invalidated and I wouldn't doubt that more are to come.

On top of this one of Apples key goals of getting an injunction on Samsung products has failed and while Samsung was denied a retrial on jury misconduct they are likely to get a retrial (or at least greatly reduced damages) due to the invalidated patents.

"Pinch to Zoom" U.S. patent No. 7,844,915 Invalidated http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...21219174625546

"Rubber Band" U.S. Patent No. 7,469,381 Invalidated http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...21023121611827

"Multi-touch" U.S. Patent #7,479,949 ('949) Invalidated
    http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...21207183905277

Judge Koh Rules - No Injunction; No New Trial on Jury Misconduct
    http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...21218075540657
    US legal system ruling against Apple/not going in their favour?

Gee I guess the world IS ending...
    Be Together - Not the same.

10. Likes Ezekiel likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    This is the part where we start feeling sorry for Apple, right?
    Thanks to Sylar for the signature!

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    This is the part where we start feeling sorry for Apple, right?
    LMAO. HELL NO! This is the part where I start hoping Apple gets its collective ass kicked and gets its teeth knocked out.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by Royals View Post
    My iMac will be here tomorrow, can't wait!
    Pics, pics, pics!! My delivery note says January. :/

Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    I did. Yet people there still find a way to drive classic fuel sucking American cars somehow.
    It's just that people don't drive them daily. They are a hobby. They restore them and then might take it out a Saturday evening for a bit of cruising in town or drive to a classic car meeting every now and then.

TA-pa-TA-pa-taPAtalk

~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    I had a feeling this would backfire on apple. $#@! has hit the fan all this money and time apple wasted on this case instead of improving their phones. The iPhone 5 is meh compared to the S3

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    I had a feeling this would backfire on apple. $#@! has hit the fan all this money and time apple wasted on this case instead of improving their phones. The iPhone 5 is meh compared to the S3
    This. Wife has a iphone5 and its nice...just not all that.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    My gf has a iPhone 4s and the 5 isn't really a HUGE improvement over it. All the rumors I heard about the 5 before it was released and it didn't live up to any of those out there rumors smh

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

PSN ID
    Royals26
    Items AppleBattlefield 3Dice
    Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    Pics, pics, pics!! My delivery note says January. :/

It's just that people don't drive them daily. They are a hobby. They restore them and then might take it out a Saturday evening for a bit of cruising in town or drive to a classic car meeting every now and then.

TA-pa-TA-pa-taPAtalk
    It is absolutely beautiful and extremely fast. I'll try to post some pics later.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude

Free Wifi for Russian ‘users’ of giant iPhone dedicated to Steve Jobs

Free Wifi for Russian ‘users’ of giant iPhone dedicated to Steve Jobs
    <iframe frameborder="no" scrolling="no" id="shorturl_iframe" width="100" height="20" src="http://on.rt.com/s/iframe2.html" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; quotes: “, ”; vertical-align: top; position: absolute; top: 0px; left: 0px;"></iframe>

The ceremony unveiling a monument to the founder of Apple in St. Petersburg at the National Research University of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics. (RIA Novosti / Igor Rustak)

Russia has constructed a giant iPhone the height of a man, to pay tribute to the late co-founder of Apple, Steve Jobs. The monument has an interactive touch screen, high-resolution photographs, videos of speeches and quotations from Jobs.

The 1.9m monument to the Apple CEO, who died in 2011 after a long battle with cancer, can be found in St Petersburg, the tech capital of Russia. It’s on view at the National Research University of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics, whose students hold the record of being the only four-time World Champions in programming.

<small style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; quotes: “, ”; font-size: 10px !important;">An associate of Steve Jobs, Timothy Dion, speaks at the ceremony unveiling a monument to the founder of Apple in St. Petersburg at the National Research University of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics. (RIA Novosti / Igor Rustak)
    </small>

The giant iPhone provides free Wifi to visitors, while the camera installed in it makes pictures of Job’s fans, synchronizing them with their accounts in social networking websites.

<small style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; quotes: “, ”; font-size: 10px !important;">(RIA Novosti / Igor Rustak)</small>

The device has been designed to survive the Russian winter, and doesn’t freeze up even when the temperatures drops to minus 30 degrees Celsius.
    http://rt.com/art-and-culture/news/s...ed-iphone-691/

now the love or one man is crazy
    Last edited by claud3; 01-10-2013 at 23:26.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    The screen is not the right proportions. :/

-[ Final Fantasy VII: PS4 & PC || No Xbox ]-

21. Likes bash likes this post
    Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    They could have designed it better. Good idea though.

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    That's neat. Now some crazy russian is going to hi-jack it.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Elite Sage

PSN ID
    Lymphatik
    iPad 5 and iPad mini 2 due just five months after predecessors - report

iPad 5 and iPad mini 2 will drop off Apple's production line in March, just five months after the launch of iPad 4 and iPad mini.
    That's according to a new report by Apple Insider, which quotes "industry sources" present at last week's CES event in Las Vegas. To add weight to the rumour, we heard the exact same thing in January last year - all of which proved correct.
    Throw out your Christmas present. Time to upgrade.

2012 marked the first time Apple replaced its tablet hardware twice within 12 months. The company's current generation iPad 3 launched in March, while iPad 4 launched in November.
    If the latest report is correct, it would mean that an iPad you bought new this time last year would be soon out of date by two models.
    But will the iPad 5 and iPad mini 2 be worth an upgrade? For iPad mini, the differences appear to be minimal. iPad mini 2 will include a faster chip, but will outwardly appear the same, with no upgrade in screen resolution.
    The iPad 5 will see greater changes - a thinner and lighter form factor than iPad 4, plus a new version of the A6X processor and a smaller Lightning chip.
    A new set of iPhones is also on the way, for release in either May or June. This is likely Apple's traditional mid-life revision - an iPhone 5S. New size options and colours, similar to the iPod, are touted.
    Source
    Getting a bit ridiculous now.
    PC: i7-3930K | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3
    EVGA GTX 980Ti SC+ | Corsair AX1200i | RoG Swift | Corsair Obsidian 800D

Watercooling: EK-Bay Spin Reservoir | EKWB Supremacy | EKWB Titan X Acetal+Nickel
    360mm + 120mm Radiators | Liang D5 pump | Primochill tubing | Barrow Fittings

500GB Black PS4

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    LOL, thats why they dropped the numbers on the iPads and just made them iPad (gen) modelling.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    So glad I didn't get one
    I wonder when a nuclear warhead goes off, does the frame rate of real life drop?

Dedicated Member
    Memphis, TN (Home of STAX records, Sun Studios, Beale Street, Graceland, Hi Records, Ardent Studios
    I personally don't mind them coming out with better tech more often. I can then make the choice of whether or not I think it is a big enough upgrade to make the purchase. I have an iPad 3, so I already made the decision once. Not a big deal.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    True that. As long as the previous model is not getting obsolete, it's ok. I'm still happy with the iPad 2. It's not super snappy, but it's fast enough for me, to not upgrade yet. Specially comparing to the first one which feels ancient. Big, heavy and very slow.

On an other note, I got an email from apple. The iMac and time capsule are on the way! Yay!

TA-pa-TA-pa-taPAtalk

~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Thread Information