View Poll Results: Will you purchase the new iPad?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

14 20.59%
  • no

34 50.00%
  • Undecided.

13 19.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 384 of 397 FirstFirst ... 374384394 ... LastLast
Results 9,576 to 9,600 of 9916
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Guys if you install windows through bootcamp, is it a full actual OS or a virtual windows?

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    Guys if you install windows through bootcamp, is it a full actual OS or a virtual windows?
    Windows installed via Bootcamp is running natively on your Mac hardware on its own partition. Meaning every weakness/strength of Windows can affect your Windows installation such as Viruses etc.
    Other opinions are available.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    ok got it

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    If you are using a mouse, and it's a Logitech mouse, that may very well be the issue. Lots of people seem to have similar issues you have with some Logitech mouses.
    Hmm, I actually use the Apple mouse. I may have connected a Logitech mouse to the macbook once or twice but I mostly use the Apple mouse.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Hmm, I actually use the Apple mouse. I may have connected a Logitech mouse to the macbook once or twice but I mostly use the Apple mouse.
    Odd. Try unplugging the mouse when it happens anyway and see if it does the same thing on the trackpad. That'll give us a scale of the issue.

Have you noticed any other graphical glitches?

Administrator
    Windows installed via Bootcamp is running natively on your Mac hardware on its own partition. Meaning every weakness/strength of Windows can affect your Windows installation such as Viruses etc.
    This. After installing Windows via Boot Camp, it's essentially the same as having a Windows PC... except you can choose whether to boot OS X or Windows by holding down the alt/option key upon startup.

Forum Sage
    Odd. Try unplugging the mouse when it happens anyway and see if it does the same thing on the trackpad. That'll give us a scale of the issue.

Have you noticed any other graphical glitches?
    I haven't yet unplugged the mouse and switched to the trackpad but I have tried using the trackpad when it's happening (mouse is connected) and it still occurs. I will disconnect the mouse and try the trackpad next time it happens.

As for graphical glitches? Not really at least I don't believe it is....basically what happens sometimes (so far it's kinda rare) is that the screen will turn off while I am using it (seems to go in sleep mode) and there is no way for me to bring it back -- I've tried typing on the keyboard, moving the mouse, etc. I had to force shutdown once and the second time it happened I think it came back after a while.

Could that be a graphical glitch? But it barely happens...I can't recreate it.
    Last edited by sainraja; 03-28-2013 at 16:32.

Ultimate Veteran
    I haven't yet unplugged the mouse and switched to the trackpad but I have tried using the trackpad when it's happening (mouse is connected) and it still occurs. I will disconnect the mouse and try the trackpad next time it happens.

As for graphical glitches? Not really at least I don't believe it is....basically what happens sometimes (so far it's kinda rare) is that the screen will turn off while I am using it (seems to go in sleep mode) and there is no way for me to bring it back -- I've tried typing on the keyboard, moving the mouse, etc. I had to force shutdown once and the second time it happened I think it came back after a while.

Could that be a graphical glitch? But it barely happens...I can't recreate it.
    Could be an issue with the GPU. What MacBook do you have?

Master Poster
    Can anybody recommend me a good (high quality) HDMI adapter for the MBP please ?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cage View Post
    Can anybody recommend me a good (high quality) HDMI adapter for the MBP please ?
    What MacBook Pro do you have? I use this: http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

It works way better than the friggin' 35 dollar Moshi adapter I bought prior to it. It works really well. It outputs both audio and HDMI.

They ship to the UK.

Ultimate Veteran
    I do use a Moshi one. I use it every day and it has worked fine for me. I know they've made at least two revisions of it and I have the second revision. I remember reports about the first revision was flawed so maybe you had that one PBM?

Administrator
    I do use a Moshi one. I use it every day and it has worked fine for me. I know they've made at least two revisions of it and I have the second revision. I remember reports about the first revision was flawed so maybe you had that one PBM?
    Yes, I believe so. It worked great for a while, but then it would only work half the time and I'd have to keep re-plugging it in for the TV to recognize the laptop... then it just fell apart... literally. I'm pretty happy with the Monoprice adapter, though. I'm glad you're not having issues with the newly revised Moshi adapter.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Yes, I believe so. It worked great for a while, but then it would only work half the time and I'd have to keep re-plugging it in for the TV to recognize the laptop... then it just fell apart... literally. I'm pretty happy with the Monoprice adapter, though. I'm glad you're not having issues with the newly revised Moshi adapter.
    The Moshi adapter has bad reviews on Apple.com so I'm not holding my breath for mine working for years. I saw Belkin is selling Mini-display port to HDMI cables so that may be a clean solution if nothing else. They're expensive though.

http://store.apple.com/sg/product/HA...ections%3Dhdmi

http://store.apple.com/sg/product/HA...ections%3Dhdmi

Master Poster
    What MacBook Pro do you have? I use this: http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

It works way better than the friggin' 35 dollar Moshi adapter I bought prior to it. It works really well. It outputs both audio and HDMI.

They ship to the UK.
    2011 MBP i7

thanks man

Administrator
    2011 MBP i7

thanks man
    No prob. :]

Forum Sage
    Could be an issue with the GPU. What MacBook do you have?
    I have a Macbook Pro 17-inch late 2011 model.

I also tried disconnecting the mouse and using the trackpad just now and it seems to still happen.

Ultimate Veteran
    I have a Macbook Pro 17-inch late 2011 model.

I also tried disconnecting the mouse and using the trackpad just now and it seems to still happen.
    Hmm. Could you try going to your Internet Plug-ins folder for Safari at /Library/Internet Plug-ins and check what plugins you have? Some users are reporting similar issues with a PDF viewing plug-in from Adobe. https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

Master Poster
    It could be the java try reinstalling that.

Forum Sage
    Hmm. Could you try going to your Internet Plug-ins folder for Safari at /Library/Internet Plug-ins and check what plugins you have? Some users are reporting similar issues with a PDF viewing plug-in from Adobe. https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0
    I don't really use Safari (I use Chrome), but here is a screenshot of the plug-ins I have:
    http://ge.tt/5vMWiXc/v/0?c

I do have the PDF viewing plug-in; the issue I have isn't exactly the same as the issue being described in that thread. I probably need to pay more attention to what I am doing before it starts happening to make note of what may be causing it.

I could try removing the plug-in but I am not sure if that will help.

@The Cage -- any particular reason you think it may be java?

Master Poster
    I don't really use Safari (I use Chrome), but here is a screenshot of the plug-ins I have:
    http://ge.tt/5vMWiXc/v/0?c

I do have the PDF viewing plug-in; the issue I have isn't exactly the same as the issue being described in that thread. I probably need to pay more attention to what I am doing before it starts happening to make note of what may be causing it.

I could try removing the plug-in but I am not sure if that will help.

@The Cage -- any particular reason you think it may be java?
    java doesn't support mac OS that much and a friend of mine had some issue with it before also on chrome so it might be it

21. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Forum Sage
    java doesn't support mac OS that much and a friend of mine had some issue with it before also on chrome so it might be it
    Ah, I gotcha. I think I figured out what the issue is.

I think it happens when my battery is low and the computer switches to the standard GPU. I went into settings > Energy Saver and turned off automatic graphics switching and the problem went away.

I will try using my computer with that setting off for a while to see if it happens again. So Tutankham was right that it could be GPU related.

If that is the cause, now the question is, how do I fix that? When the computer is using the high performance GPU the issue seems to go away.

Administrator
    Mac OS has no issue with Java support... that doesn't even make sense. The problem with Java is its constant security holes on both Mac OS and Windows.

Master Poster
    Mac OS has no issue with Java support... that doesn't even make sense. The problem with Java is its constant security holes on both Mac OS and Windows.
    i said might.... No one said anything about mac os having issues with java.

Administrator
    "Java doesn't support Mac OS that much" is what you said. That is false.

Master Poster
    "Java doesn't support Mac OS that much" is what you said. That is false.
    Yes because it's true, but i never said it got problems with OSX.

Thread Information