Latest PSU headlines:

View Poll Results: Will you purchase the new iPad?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

14 20.59%
  • no

34 50.00%
  • Undecided.

13 19.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 385 of 397 FirstFirst ... 375385395 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,625 of 9911
    Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cage View Post
    Yes because it's true, but i never said it got problems with OSX.
    It isn't true...
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    It isn't true...
    it doesn't support mac os much , not like windows so it is true.

Administrator
    it doesn't support mac os much , not like windows so it is true.
    Please explain... isn't of saying something both vague and untrue.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Master Poster
    Basicaly, Java supports windows more than mac, simple.

Administrator
    Basicaly, Java supports windows more than mac, simple.
    That isn't simple, that's stupid. Oracle develops Java for both Mac and Windows... and when updates are released, they are updated simultaneously on both platforms. There are quite a few applications that support Java on OS X... such as Adobe Illustrator... which requires it. Vuze, which is the torrent client I use on Mac... is a native Java app. Saying Java isn't as supported on Mac as it is Windows would imply the development is somehow lagging behind on the platform, which it isn't. To say there are more java apps on Windows than OS X would be more accurate, since Cocoa is the preferred API for OS X applications and not Java... but I use quite a few Java-based apps on OS X. Your statement still doesn't make sense.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Added this awesome Razer Orochi to my iMac. Love it!!!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Added this awesome Razer Orochi to my iMac. Love it!!!
    How's it working with OS X?

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    It works really well. I had to download BTT (Better Touch Tool) to configure the buttons how I wanted them. The wireless works fine, as well as the wired option.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Just ordered 16GB of Corsair Vengeance for this beast.

10. Likes MjW likes this post
    Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Just ordered 16GB of Corsair Vengeance for this beast.
    Nice!

Is there a compatibility list or can we use any 1600MHz DDR3 ram?
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I doubt there is a problem with compatibility. As long as it matches what is in there, it should run just fine. I am having to remove the stock ram because it has different timings, and will downclock the entire 24GB to 1333Mhz, instead of the 1600 it will run.

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    That isn't simple, that's stupid. Oracle develops Java for both Mac and Windows... and when updates are released, they are updated simultaneously on both platforms. There are quite a few applications that support Java on OS X... such as Adobe Illustrator... which requires it. Vuze, which is the torrent client I use on Mac... is a native Java app. Saying Java isn't as supported on Mac as it is Windows would imply the development is somehow lagging behind on the platform, which it isn't. To say there are more java apps on Windows than OS X would be more accurate, since Cocoa is the preferred API for OS X applications and not Java... but I use quite a few Java-based apps on OS X. Your statement still doesn't make sense.
    first of all, calm down im not fighting with you dude...

and 2nd, im not talking about the apps that uses it im talking about the java itself and no it!s not stupid.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Ok, so I went ahead with bootcamp, installed win 7 so that i could participate in the Loadout beta on Steam. WOW. Major props to Apple for bootcamp.

Administrator
    Ok, so I went ahead with bootcamp, installed win 7 so that i could participate in the Loadout beta on Steam. WOW. Major props to Apple for bootcamp.
    Yep. They let you set up a bootable Windows flash drive, partition the computer's drive for you automatically, and let you download all the drivers you need to get Windows working. Very painless process.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Yeah, it was pretty easy. I, at first, thought it would be a process that I didn't want to undertake. It was actually easier than setting up windows lol.

Administrator
    It was actually easier than setting up windows lol.
    Yep... pretty sad... lol.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    BRB, running a few benchmark tests, then putting the new Corsair Vengeance in, then retesting.

Administrator
    How'd it go?

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Everything worked like a charm. I now have 8GB of 204 pin ram to either stick in one of my laptops, or sell lol.

Administrator
    Everything worked like a charm. I now have 8GB of 204 pin ram to either stick in one of my laptops, or sell lol.
    RAM is such an easy thing to install, but the first time I ever changed out RAM I felt like I was disarming a nuke, lol. Now it's easy peezy.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Yeah, you can't really do it wrong with this iMac. I mean, literally. I might let one of my kids do it, and they've never done anything like that before.

Administrator
    Well it only takes the tiny bit of static from your body to destroy RAM chips. I've personally never had it happen, but it's always a possibility.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    or lightening from God! LMAO! Yeah, I get your point though. My kids are static electric rods. ROFL.

"PBM, I let them try it, and it was the first time in my life that I ever saw RAM catch fire just from being in their hands!!"

hehe

Administrator
    "PBM, I let them try it, and it was the first time in my life that I ever saw RAM catch fire just from being in their hands!!"
    I don't doubt that scenario.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    LOL

When I see them walking towards me with their hair floating... yeah...

Thread Information