View Poll Results: Will you purchase the new iPad?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

14 20.59%
  • no

34 50.00%
  • Undecided.

13 19.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 390 of 397 FirstFirst ... 380390 ... LastLast
Results 9,726 to 9,750 of 9916
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by PBM View Post
    Not groundbreaking how? It has the first and only 64-bit mobile phone processor, making it up to 2x faster than the 5, and a secondary M7 co-chip for offloading specific tasks, taking load off of the already existing ridiculously fast chip and increasing battery life. The 64-bit A7 is definitely paving the way for a whole new line of insanely powerful phones.

Couple that with the fact that iOS 7 for the 5S is built from the ground up for 64-bit... and Apples dev tools have made it stupid easy for devs to convert to 64-bit... so by the time the 6 comes out, a lot of apps will be taking advantage of that speed.

The 64-bit A7 chip is very groundbreaking. You can't downplay that no matter what you may think of Apple.

The 5C seems pointless to me. You're getting a year old iPhone 5 with a plastic body and 5% bigger battery. It doesn't have the A7 chip like the 5S. You'd basically be selling your 5 to get a thicker and heavier and plastic 5. Just get a pastel-colored phone case if you like the bright colors.
    Not groundbreaking in the sense that it is a spec bump update/refresh for the iphone. Unlike the 6 you will not be getting a new form factor, or a major change like a bigger/higher resolution screen, completely revised camera, ect.

It doesn't make sense to get every iteration, you are supposed to go for every other iteration.

i.e. 4 -> 5 or 4s -> 5s. You get better value that way.

You said it yourself, it's not like the 5 is lacking in the performance department

Administrator
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Not groundbreaking in the sense that it is a spec bump update/refresh for the iphone. Unlike the 6 you will not be getting a new form factor, or a major change like a bigger/higher resolution screen, completely revised camera, ect.

It doesn't make sense to get every iteration, you are supposed to go for every other iteration.

i.e. 4 -> 5 or 4s -> 5s. You get better value that way.

You said it yourself, it's not like the 5 is lacking in the performance department
    It's not a better value to you, but it's worth it to me... especially for the M7 chip, since I run a lot. I also download a lot of crap and get tired of typing out my password, so the fingerprint thing will be a godsend.

This isn't a "spec bump", it's a completely brand new system architecture. They don't normally do something that drastic with the "S" updates, but they did... and it's also a world first. Spec bumps aren't usually double in performance. They did it with the 5 (compared to the 4S) and they did it again with the 5S. Apple seems to want to be ahead of the game lately, which is a nice change of pace. It's nice to see Apple innovating again.

The camera is revised as well, they didn't just increase the megapixels or something, they increased the aperture size, created a dual LED system, and now we have slo-mo mode... which I'm sure I'll find entertaining.

The 5S is more than an incremental bump. It's like a new phone sans the form factor. It took Apple 4 generations of the iPhone to change the screen size, so I don't even know what to expect with the 6. This is all, of course, my opinion.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I'll get it every year as long as I can sell my previous one, etc. I don't see a problem with that at all.

Forum Sage
    I think Apple should have kept the iPhone 5 on the market instead of replacing it with the iPhone 5C. I don't think the iPhone 5C looks great at all and the cases they have for it? Just stupid....hole punch in a grid like pattern? Not liking it.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I understand the replacement of the 5, it makes sense. The pricing however, does not. I also don't like those "official" cases lol.

6. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Forum Sage
    It's not a better value to you, but it's worth it to me... especially for the M7 chip, since I run a lot. I also download a lot of crap and get tired of typing out my password, so the fingerprint thing will be a godsend.

This isn't a "spec bump", it's a completely brand new system architecture. They don't normally do something that drastic with the "S" updates, but they did... and it's also a world first. Spec bumps aren't usually double in performance. They did it with the 5 (compared to the 4S) and they did it again with the 5S. Apple seems to want to be ahead of the game lately, which is a nice change of pace. It's nice to see Apple innovating again.

The camera is revised as well, they didn't just increase the megapixels or something, they increased the aperture size, created a dual LED system, and now we have slo-mo mode... which I'm sure I'll find entertaining.

The 5S is more than an incremental bump. It's like a new phone sans the form factor. It took Apple 4 generations of the iPhone to change the screen size, so I don't even know what to expect with the 6. This is all, of course, my opinion.
    How much do you want to bet that the iphone 6 will significantly outdo the improvements you listed for the 5s.

You can try to play up the improvements, but I'm fairly certain that apple will really outdo them with the 6 when it is revealed.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    How much do you want to bet that the iphone 6 will significantly outdo the improvements you listed for the 5s.

You can try to play up the improvements, but I'm fairly certain that apple will really outdo them with the 6 when it is revealed.
    .. and I'll get that one too.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    I think Apple should have kept the iPhone 5 on the market instead of replacing it with the iPhone 5C. I don't think the iPhone 5C looks great at all and the cases they have for it? Just stupid....hole punch in a grid like pattern? Not liking it.
    It's good for a business phone though, with so many colour variations. I talked with my boss last week and we will order a couple dozen 5C. The plan was to get the 5 when it would drop in price this year, but 5C took it's place.
    I tried to get her to order 5S but she was worried of the cost. Haven't calculated anything yet so it's not too late for a 5S. lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Administrator

Yes, one would expect that one year later ... it will have even more features than the previous year. They outdo themselves every year ... with every phone. It's been quite a pattern. There's only so much they can do to a smartphone other than annual spec bumps ... and I'm perfectly okay with that.

And when the 6 comes out ... I'll get that one too. It's not like I'm paying full price for these things. I just sell my old one for 300-400 dollars and put that towards the new phone. Big whoop. My phone usually sells within 10 minutes of putting it on Craigslist. iPhones are like crack to people.

And again ... I'm not "playing up" anything. The 5S improvements are some of the biggest the iPhone has seen since the Retina display and screen size increase. The Retina display ... by the way ... came with the 4S. Apple doesn't follow any particular rules when it comes to giving the iPhone big improvements. They just do it whenever they want. So no, there hasn't been any particular pattern with the "S" and whole number phone releases. I don't know what I'm expecting with the 6, but I'll be getting it, whatever improvements it may have.

I don't need to "play up" the world's first 64-bit phone. That plays itself up nicely.

I'm not a guy that waits around two years for something I use religiously every day ... for fun and for business. I like to stay on top of the curve.

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    .. and I'll get that one too.
    What this guy said.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    MjW-

The Official Apple Thread: Introducing the new, thinner, lighter...

The choice to upgrade is subjective. Just because someone feels the need to upgrade doesn't mean that others should too and vice versa.

Since I probably won't be upgrading, I can't wait to hear your reviews.

Anyone going gold? heh

On the move with Tapatalk

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I was thinking about blinging it out . I dunno, I like the grey lookin' one though. Maybe I'll do a thread for a poll to see what the users pick for me lol.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    The choice to upgrade is subjective. Just because someone feels the need to upgrade doesn't mean that others should too and vice versa.
    I agree.

Anyone going gold? heh
    I'll probably go with white/silver this time. The black just looks dirty all the time and I'm always wiping smudges off it. The white one doesn't show that as much.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    I was thinking about blinging it out . I dunno, I like the grey lookin' one though. Maybe I'll do a thread for a poll to see what the users pick for me lol.
    I'd like to see a comparison of the black 5 and gray 5s. The 5s seems a bit more light in colour.
    I agree.

I'll probably go with white/silver this time. The black just looks dirty all the time and I'm always wiping smudges off it. The white one doesn't show that as much.
    The black iPhone 5 is way too black imo. I've found myself searching for it at night more times than I can remember. lol

The only and nerdy reason I've only had black iPhones is that the black frame compliments movies and series better than a white frame. Based on the same principle of letterboxing in films.
    Might try my luck too with a lighter colour next time.

On the move with Tapatalk

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I have the white 5 so I won't be able to compare the the black vs greay 5/5s. I like the lighter color of the 5s just off of what we've been shown so far. That could change in person, we'll see.

Master Guru

I much prefer the all black 5 than the new space grey....looks hideous IMO.

I'll be getting a white next.
    Wii # 8752-0092-2306-9612
    PSN ID : pez555

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    To anyone in the know: are there any ideas what time iOS 7 will be coming online?

Also, I'm a n00b to all this as I only got the iPhone 5 as my first iPhone, so have not experienced updating the OS on an iPhone. If I update this, will I need to back everything up, or would I just need to download and update the OS and everything remains intact?

Thanks.

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    October 15th, ladies and gentlemen. New Macs, iPads, maybe even an updated Apple TV.

Fire the space harpoons!
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Here's the release time for ios7

The * denote times adjusted for Daylight Savings
    Last edited by TidalPhoenix; 09-18-2013 at 13:42. Reason: Because I can't spell for shit

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

20. Likes Molo316 likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I won't be updating until there is a jb for it. I can't lose MyWi and BiteSMS.

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    Here's the release time for ios7

The * denote times adjusted for Daylight Savings
    Ah, so 6pm for me and fellow Englanders.

Thanks very much for that.

Any ideas (to anyone) on if I'd need to backup first?

Fire the space harpoons!
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Always back up first!

Quote Originally Posted by Molo316 View Post
    Ah, so 6pm for me and fellow Englanders.

Thanks very much for that.

Any ideas (to anyone) on if I'd need to backup first?

​aka Sparc

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    My son will probably update his i4.. he's not jb, and he doesn't even care about it lol. He won't let me jb his phone!!

I have another i4, not being used, that I might update just to fiddle with it.

Fire the space harpoons!
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    My son will probably update his i4.. he's not jb, and he doesn't even care about it lol. He won't let me jb his phone!!

I have another i4, not being used, that I might update just to fiddle with it.
    Did you see the tweet from Pod2G a few days ago?

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2013/09/j...jailbreak.html

It's gonna happen although he did say that doesn't mean "soon"

​aka Sparc

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Did you see the tweet from Pod2G a few days ago?

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2013/09/j...jailbreak.html

It's gonna happen although he did say that doesn't mean "soon"
    I am in the loop.

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Always back up first!
    Alright, cheers.

Will have to do this tomorrow probably then.

Thread Information