Latest PSU headlines:

View Poll Results: Will you purchase the new iPad?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

14 20.59%
  • no

34 50.00%
  • Undecided.

13 19.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 391 of 396 FirstFirst ... 381391 ... LastLast
Results 9,751 to 9,775 of 9896
    Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Molo316 View Post
    Alright, cheers.

Will have to do this tomorrow probably then.
    You can back up your phone to iCloud from the device itself.

Settings -> iCloud -> Storage & Backup -> Back Up Now

Providing you are doing this over wifi it doesn't take that long usually.

​aka Sparc

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    iTunes 11.1 is out, which is required for proper iOS 7 compatibility (such as backing up your iDevice to the computer). Before ... restoring from an iOS 6 backup did nothing when in iOS 7, but it works now. Still a good idea to do an iCloud backup just in case.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    You can back up your phone to iCloud from the device itself.

Settings -> iCloud -> Storage & Backup -> Back Up Now

Providing you are doing this over wifi it doesn't take that long usually.
    I'm at home now, so I'll just do it on my laptop.

But for future reference: I haven't set anything up, as far as I'm aware, for iCloud. Would I be required to do something before backing up?

I just tried searching for the software update on my phone and it said there was an error in searching for the update.
    Download iTunes 11.1 now and will try getting iOS 7 on here once it's done. Hopefully there's no $#@!-ups.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Molo316 View Post
    I'm at home now, so I'll just do it on my laptop.

But for future reference: I haven't set anything up, as far as I'm aware, for iCloud. Would I be required to do something before backing up?

I just tried searching for the software update on my phone and it said there was an error in searching for the update.
    Download iTunes 11.1 now and will try getting iOS 7 on here once it's done. Hopefully there's no $#@!-ups.
    I was going to type it out, but this was much faster lol:

http://www.apple.com/icloud/setup/ios.html

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    This is becoming like a tradition to me. It looks like I'll be getting a replacement phone for the 3rd consecutive year. Not that I mind getting a new one.

Edit: Mistake, not my third year, just 3rd iPhone 5. I also went through three iPhone 4S. Anyway I sent the phone back today. Will be using a Windows Phone 7.5 until then. lol

This has been happening to the camera app. Quite rarely though. I thought it was a software bug but it happened today in iOS 7 too.

On the move with Tapatalk
    Last edited by MjW; 09-19-2013 at 20:22.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    dang MJW!! I'd too be happy about getting new phones lol.

Here's a LMFAO item...

http://kotaku.com/lock-your-new-ipho...tly-1360743607

You can have a nipple ID!!!

Liking my 5s so far.

Administrator
    MjW... I've never had a single issue with any Apple product I have ever bought, but all my friends have had horrendous issues. I'm just fortunate, I guess.

That camera issue sounds horrible.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I'm liking the 5s... while I paid full retail for it just to be able to get it first day... this one will be going back. I'll get a 32GB grey on contract, move it over to my line... I might wait until a jb is available though. It's horrendous how much I depend on having a jb phone lol.

Literally, I mainly use just three apps though:
    BiteSMS
    3gUnrestrictor
    MyWi

Those are essentials for me. The others are mainly cosmetic things that I can theoretically live without.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog

Anyone can compare between 5 and 5s? Tempted but there is a huge price difference here.

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Hmmm.... The 5s is noticeably faster than the 5. Better battery life. I was 4% left before putting it on a charger and I had 7hrs 43 mins of usage and 46hrs standby time. Usage was with phone calls, texts, Infinity Blade III, facebook, Netflix....

The fingerprint reader is pretty cool to use unlocking the phone. It's just faster than having to put the code in. The slow motion feature is pretty nifty too.. you can choose the part of the recording you want in slow mo. I haven't gone through too much more at this point. The difference is good enough for me to upgrade from the 5. If I had to choose between the 5c and 5s, it'd be a no brainer. The 5s without a doubt.

Administrator
    Yeah, I was playing around with the 5S in the store and it is noticeably faster. Also, Infinity Blade III performance is up to 5 times better on the 5S than the 5, which is quite ridiculous.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I'll do a video from the 5 and the 5s, and let's see how they look lol. It'll be in the morning before i do 'em.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    ^^Damn you are fast man. lol
    It's great if they managed to improve the battery life.

Props to the nipple scanner. I expect to see a comedy vid come up, with someone at a restaurant answering a call after unlocking with a nipple. lmao

Quote Originally Posted by PBM View Post
    MjW... I've never had a single issue with any Apple product I have ever bought, but all my friends have had horrendous issues. I'm just fortunate, I guess.

That camera issue sounds horrible.
    It was difficult the first time I had to send it it but it got easier. Now I'm happy to get a fresh phone.

I practically have only one friend that had a problem with her iPhone and got a replacement once. I guess that makes me unlucky (or lucky depending on the pov). I'm just thankful for Apple's return policy! lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Scratch the videos lol. I have to be on iOS 7 for IB III. I'm not losing the jb on my 5!!! lol

/scanning nipples now.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Ok, just for $#@!s n giggles...

That's as much as I could get it to recognize on the left nipple. lol I almost made it work. I'll keep trying. My wife wouldn't allow me to use hers. LMFAO!

16. Likes snooper71 likes this post
    Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Hahahah

Aww! [insert dissapointment gif here]

Sent from Windows Phone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MjW; 09-23-2013 at 09:16.

Administrator
    That's kind of disturbing.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    My wife walked in, looked at me, shook her head, and walked back out. LOL. It was too funny.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Dang... basically six months after getting my iMac...

Apple® today updated iMac® with fourth generation Intel quad-core processors, new graphics, next generation Wi-Fi and faster PCIe flash storage options. The updated iMac brings the latest technology to the stunningly thin design and gorgeous display of the world's leading all-in-one desktop.
    "Inside its ultra-thin aluminum enclosure, the new iMac has the latest Intel processors, faster graphics, next generation 802.11ac Wi-Fi and faster PCIe flash storage."
    "iMac continues to be the example that proves how beautiful, fast and fun a desktop computer can be," said Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. "Inside its ultra-thin aluminum enclosure, the new iMac has the latest Intel processors, faster graphics, next generation 802.11ac Wi-Fi and faster PCIe flash storage."
    The entry-level 21.5-inch iMac features a 2.7 GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 processor and new Iris Pro graphics for unprecedented levels of integrated graphics performance. The high-end 21.5-inch model and both 27-inch models feature quad-core Intel Core i5 processors up to 3.4 GHz and NVIDIA GeForce 700 series graphics with twice the video memory and up to 40 percent faster performance than the previous generation.* Customers looking for the ultimate in performance can upgrade to quad-core Intel Core i7 processors up to 3.5 GHz and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M series graphics with up to 4GB of video memory.
    iMac now supports next generation 802.11ac Wi-Fi. When connected to an 802.11ac base station, iMac delivers wireless performance that is up to three times faster than the previous generation.
    The updated iMac now features support for PCIe-based flash storage that makes Fusion Drive and all-flash storage options up to 50 percent faster than the previous generation.* The popular Fusion Drive option combines the large storage capacity of a hard drive with the high performance of flash to deliver shorter boot times and faster access to apps and files. Customers can configure their iMac with a 1TB or 3TB Fusion Drive, and all-flash storage options are now available in configurations up to 1TB.
    iMac comes standard with 8GB of memory and a 1TB hard drive, and customers can choose to configure their iMac with up to 32GB of memory and up to a 3TB hard drive. iMac also comes with two Thunderbolt and four USB 3.0 ports for connecting to external storage and other high performance peripherals.
    Continuing Apple's commitment to energy efficiency and the environment, iMac meets stringent Energy Star 5.2 requirements and achieves an EPEAT Gold rating.** iMac features LED-backlit displays that are mercury-free and made with arsenic-free glass. iMac includes PVC-free components and cables, contains no brominated flame retardants, and uses highly recyclable materials and material-efficient packaging designs.
    iMac ships with OS X® Mountain Lion, bringing Messages, Notification Center, system-wide Sharing, AirPlay® Mirroring, Dictation, Game Center and the enhanced security of Gatekeeper to your Mac®. With iCloud® built into the foundation of OS X, Mountain Lion makes it easier than ever to keep your content up to date across your Mac, iPhone®, iPad® and iPod touch®.
    Pricing & Availability
    The new iMac is available today through the Apple Online Store (www.apple.com), Apple's retail stores and select Apple Authorized Resellers. The 21.5-inch iMac is available with a 2.7 GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 with Turbo Boost speeds up to 3.2 GHz and Intel Iris Pro for a suggested retail price of $1,299 (US); and with a 2.9 GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 with Turbo Boost speeds up to 3.6 GHz and NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M for a suggested retail price of $1,499 (US). The 27-inch iMac is available with a 3.2 GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 with Turbo Boost speeds up to 3.6 GHz and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 755M for a suggested retail price of $1,799 (US); and with a 3.4 GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 with Turbo Boost speeds up to 3.8 GHz and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M for a suggested retail price of $1,999 (US). Additional technical specifications, configure-to-order options and accessories are available online at www.apple.com/imac.
    For the same price I paid for this one, the new model has the haswell @ 3.5GHz, and a 4GB GTX780M!!! Goodness. I'ma try and sell this one ASAP!! lol

Administrator

The Official Apple Thread: Introducing the new, thinner, lighter...

Yeah it's a decent upgrade.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Dang... basically six months after getting my iMac...

For the same price I paid for this one, the new model has the haswell @ 3.5GHz, and a 4GB GTX780M!!! Goodness. I'ma try and sell this one ASAP!! lol
    Dude, chill out with the upgrades.

Administrator
    Considering Apple products hold most of their retail value, it's not that big a deal to sell and buy again.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Well, I am buying it, and will sell this one lol. I can't help it. I also bought another iPhone 5s, 32GB this time though.

Administrator

The Official Apple Thread: Introducing the new, thinner, lighter...

I'm getting the 64 GB from now on. Tired of deleting crap to make room. I can't wait until the 32 GB is the base standard with a 128 GB option. The iPad now has a 128 GB option. It's only a matter of time.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by PBM View Post
    I'm getting the 64 GB from now on. Tired of deleting crap to make room. I can't wait until the 32 GB is the base standard with a 128 GB option. The iPad now has a 128 GB option. It's only a matter of time.
    For me.. the 64GB has just been half empty space. I could PROBABLY do with the 16GB model, but it would be close. I have 9.3GB used on the iPhone 5. That is with some stuff deleted. Prolly another 6GB of stuff I had on there. That's with a years worth of usage.

I was thinking about just selling this 64GB i5, but I might keep it as a backup, or just use it until the iOS 7 gets the jb.

That being said... I have to take this fully paid for 16GB back to the Apple store tomorrow lol. I need my $700 back.

Thread Information