View Poll Results: Will you purchase the new iPad?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

14 20.59%
  • no

34 50.00%
  • Undecided.

13 19.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 393 of 397 FirstFirst ... 383393 ... LastLast
Results 9,801 to 9,825 of 9916
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    The 27'' iMac will soon be mine - can't wait!
    I love mine.

Dedicated Member
    Memphis, TN (Home of STAX records, Sun Studios, Beale Street, Graceland, Hi Records, Ardent Studios
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Notice the difference? Why buy a more expensive, less portable air when the retina mini exists?
    Ummm...I would rather have the Air because it has a bigger screen. For my use, the mini is no more portable than the Air.

I don't necessarily disagree with some of your other points (other than the fact that there are plenty of issues with Win8 on a tablet. The Surface was awkward in every way imaginable). However, I am more disappointed in their iPhone than anything else they make. They should have made a larger (around 5 inches) iPhone along with a smaller current phone. The plastic "C" isn't cheap enough to make it worth buying over the 5S and they should have just stuck with the premium market. They can give away (with contract) the older 4S instead. For me, it makes very little sense to lose customers to other companies because they don't make a larger phone.

I personallly think the iPad is the best device they make and other than the lack of a fingerprint sensor, I can't complain about it. The smaller form factor with the same size screen is the main thing people wanted. I am still not sure I will be jumping on board since my ipad3 is still chugging along without a problem. However, I could use more space, so I would have to pay the high cost to get at least 64GBs if I want to upgrade.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by uofmtiger View Post
    Ummm...I would rather have the Air because it has a bigger screen. For my use, the mini is no more portable than the Air.

I don't necessarily disagree with some of your other points (other than the fact that there are plenty of issues with Win8 on a tablet. The Surface was awkward in every way imaginable). However, I am more disappointed in their iPhone than anything else they make. They should have made a larger (around 5 inches) iPhone along with a smaller current phone. The plastic "C" isn't cheap enough to make it worth buying over the 5S and they should have just stuck with the premium market. They can give away (with contract) the older 4S instead. For me, it makes very little sense to lose customers to other companies because they don't make a larger phone.

I personallly think the iPad is the best device they make and other than the lack of a fingerprint sensor, I can't complain about it. The smaller form factor with the same size screen is the main thing people wanted. I am still not sure I will be jumping on board since my ipad3 is still chugging along without a problem. However, I could use more space, so I would have to pay the high cost to get at least 64GBs if I want to upgrade.
    What do you think the iphone 6 is going to be?

likely a screen size increase (I'd say 4.5 inches)
    Higher resolution (either the current resolution of he retina ipads, or double the resolution of the 5/5s)
    New design/form factor
    New improved camera.
    Upgraded cpu/gpu
    More Ram
    Knowing apple they will likely make it even thinner and lighter. (probably keeping the same size (capacity) battery or possibly even shrinking it)

This is the way things are, you will only get ~impressive updates every 2 revisions, it isn't really cost effective for apple to design a new phone every year. If that is what you want then you will need to look and android/WP smartphones.

Administrator

Higher resolution (either the current resolution of he retina ipads, or double the resolution of the 5/5s)
    New design/form factor
    New improved camera.
    Upgraded cpu/gpu
    More Ram
    Knowing apple they will likely make it even thinner and lighter. (probably keeping the same size (capacity) battery or possibly even shrinking it)

This is the way things are, you will only get ~impressive updates every 2 revisions, it isn't really cost effective for apple to design a new phone every year. If that is what you want then you will need to look and android/WP smartphones.
    One can only hope there's a screen size increase, but it took a very long time for them to finally upgrade the screen size the first time. >_>

I hope there's a new form factor... the current one is starting to bore me a little.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by PBM View Post
    One can only hope there's a screen size increase, but it took a very long time for them to finally upgrade the screen size the first time. >_>

I hope there's a new form factor... the current one is starting to bore me a little.
    I don't see how they won't have a screen size increase. However, I think they will stop after this increase.

Phones over ~4.5 inches are rather ridiculous.

I'm surprised you guys are concerned about about the hardware over ios, though? Seeing ios7, that would piss me off if I had a iphone 5/5s or upgraded from an earlier version (with no way back).

I though I would prefer a non skeuomorphic design, but Forstall had the right idea for ios.

Administrator
    I don't see how they won't have a screen size increase. However, I think they will stop after this increase.
    Apple usually doesn't conform to trends, but lately they are trying to stay up to par, so there's probably a good chance for a bigger screen.

Phones over ~4.5 inches are rather ridiculous.
    I agree. I was watching my cousin talk on her phablet, and she looked like an idiot. It's like she was talking on a cookie sheet.

I'm surprised you guys are concerned about about the hardware over ios, though? Seeing ios7, that would piss me off if I had a iphone 5/5s or upgraded from an earlier version (with no way back).
    I like iOS 7. I don't agree with all of the elements they chose to implement, but overall I enjoy the UI more than iOS 6.

I though I would prefer a non skeuomorphic design, but Forstall had the right idea for ios.
    I hate skeumorphism... especially on OS X. That calendar app with the huge leather bar at the top made my eyes bleed.

Dedicated Member
    Memphis, TN (Home of STAX records, Sun Studios, Beale Street, Graceland, Hi Records, Ardent Studios

New design/form factor
    New improved camera.
    Upgraded cpu/gpu
    More Ram

I also believe that 6 will be bigger. I am just saying that they needed a bigger phone when the iPhone 5 came out and went with the "bookmark" design we have now. I think a 4.5 inch and the 4s size would have been better choices. If they wanted to make the 4s size unapologetically plastic in an attempt to make it more current, so be it.

My buddy just got a 5+ inch phone and it is very thin and seems to weigh less than the iPhone 4S (I have a cover on my iPhone, so it is hard to know for sure). I put it in my pocket and it really wasn't as difficult to handle as I was expecting. I don't need the iPhone to be that big, but I would still buy it if it was. I am holding on to my 4S through next year's annoucement and I may switch to Android if the iPhone is not wider. I am tied into the Apple ecosystem (like airplay), so I would rather stick with iOS than to change now.

edit: forgot to mention, I also like iOS7. I keep my phone docked most of the day, so the reported battery issues don't bother me. I love the ability to get to bluetooth, audio, and the flashlight with ease now. Also, you lose the "my little pony" effect if you use a darker background. For me, it has breathed new life into my iPhone 4S and iPad3.
    Last edited by uofmtiger; 10-29-2013 at 21:23.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    The ios 7.x jb is out, but it's a cluster $#@! right now. Madhouse to say the least. Can't wait till the A7 devices get the updates the need.

Administrator

The Official Apple Thread: Introducing the new, thinner, lighter...

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    The ios 7.x jb is out, but it's a cluster $#@! right now. Madhouse to say the least. Can't wait till the A7 devices get the updates the need.
    Cydia has been updated as well as the mobile substrate everyone's been waiting on (which is now called Cydia substrate)... and supports the 5S. Devs need to update their apps for iOS 7. There's a handful of iOS 7-ready tweaks/apps, but there's definitely work to be done.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Yeah, my main two are working after being updated. MyWi and 3gunrestrictor. Waiting for BiteSMS mostly now. I'll be happy when the theme apps get updated as well.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    NICE!!

http://steelseries.com/products/cont...ing-controller

FINALLY! The price is about double what I'd expect to pay though. @$99, and you can pre-order now.
    Last edited by F34R; 01-06-2014 at 14:26. Reason: fixed link

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Which product are we talking about again?

On the move with Tapatalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    NICE!!

http://blog.sony.com/ces2014/

FINALLY! The price is about double what I'd expect to pay though. @$99, and you can pre-order now.
    What does this have to do with Apple, its Sony.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I fixed the link lol and added the proper video.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    I see now. The announcement about official controller support last year got me very excited. Big news for gamers.

Nice to see more and more controllers making it to the market. Now all we need is game support. A very large amount if games will benefit from an external controller. This might finally be Apple's entry in the game market. And a serious one. As long as there are games.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    They need to get the effin price down to a normal buy. No way I'm paying $100 for a mini controller.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    MjW-

The Official Apple Thread: Introducing the new, thinner, lighter...

Mm, yes. Sadly $100 seems to be the standard price. The logitech powercell and Moga ace power cost the same. Though they can charge the iphone too.

Still, very few games even for $50.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    WOW!

I really hope this gets on cydia and can replace the apple stock keyboard

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Anything that'd help me type better tbh. lol
    Lately I've been doing a lot of mistakes. It might just be laziness but it's a pain going back to correct so often.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I rarely correct. If there is a mistake, so be it. lol

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Apple
    I'm not a fanboy, just saying. I just own a few products of Apple because I like those products and haven't got any problems with them.
    I started "all the way back" with a black ipod nano 8gb which was 2nd gen if I'm not mistaking. After that broke, I changed to an iPod classic 120gb. Next up was the iPod Touch 64gb and after that I took my step to an iPhone 4S. Which I changed end last year towards an iPhone 5S.
    Meanwhile I also had a small Macbook White 13", but that one got older, so last year I bought a Macbook Pro Retina Display 15" which I'm very happy with. Last on my list is my iPad 4

Have had an android phone, wasn't really liking it much as Android was an annoying thing for me to work with.. And fun fact is that it broke within a month of buying.. I hit it off my nightstand during my sleep and it instantly had a cracked screen.. Kept it for a little longer than a year, then the iPhone 4S came into place. My iPhone 4S took quite a few tumbles honestly since I had it, but not a single scratch on the front or the back! *me proud*
    Haven't dropped my iPhone 5 and actually am not planning on doing it either :P

So yeah.. I just like the iPhone as I had an iPod Touch which worked véry nice and smooth.. I love customisation for PC's and laptops and such, but I like my phone the way it is, so I'm not complaining on that :P

Battlelog: MrUltraah | PSN: kipkebab92 | Steam: ultraah | Twitch: MrUltraah | Xfire: dahultrapro

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    The only good products of Apple are mobile devices like the phones, tablets and the ipods, the rest is overpriced crap.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Overpriced, yes. Crap, um, no.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Overpriced, yes. Crap, um, no.
    You know that the mac pro here in Switzerland customized for best performance costs 8000 Franks where as I can build a custom pc for 4000 and it will have thrice the hardware capacity that of the 8k mac pro.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    You know that the mac pro here in Switzerland customized for best performance costs 8000 Franks where as I can build a custom pc for 4000 and it will have thrice the hardware capacity that of the 8k mac pro.
    Right... overpriced. That's what we both said. It is a brand that is priced higher than competing products.

Find me an all-in-one PC that matches the iMac; late 2012 model.
    Last edited by F34R; 01-13-2014 at 19:23.

Thread Information