View Poll Results: Will you purchase the new iPad?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

14 20.59%
  • no

34 50.00%
  • Undecided.

13 19.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 394 of 397 FirstFirst ... 384394 ... LastLast
Results 9,826 to 9,850 of 9913
    Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Right... overpriced. That's what we both said. It is a brand that is priced higher than competing products.

Find me an all-in-one PC that matches the iMac; late 2012 model.
    Vizio all in one one pc set, enough said

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Vizio all in one one pc set, enough said
    Neither of the two all in one sets they offer are even remotely close to what I have. Not enough said. sorry.
    Try again.

Me:

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Neither of the two all in one sets they offer are even remotely close to what I have. Not enough said. sorry.
    Try again.

Me:

They offer better design, performance and price, what else do you need. Btw how much did you pay for that imac with a laptop gpu?

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    They offer better design, performance and price, what else do you need. Btw how much did you pay for that imac with a laptop gpu?
    Design isn't absolute.. I love the way the iMac looks.. price, sure.. we already know the price is going to be a big difference. We've just said a few posts back that Apple devices/computers, etc., are over priced. Performance wise... puhlease. No way that either of those two Vizio computers will hold up in performance. I'd take the laptop gpu over integrated graphics any day of the week. I paid a LOT. Three times the amount compared to the Vizio that is actually available.

You're comparing:

i3 dual core @2.4Ghz to a quad core i7 @3.4Ghz
    4GB ram to 16GB ram (2 banks vs 4 banks with only two used)
    Intel 4000HD compared to GTX680MX 2GB

and you're going to say better performance in the Vizio?

'cmon Cyber. Stop.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Design isn't absolute.. I love the way the iMac looks.. price, sure.. we already know the price is going to be a big difference. We've just said a few posts back that Apple devices/computers, etc., are over priced. Performance wise... puhlease. No way that either of those two Vizio computers will hold up in performance. I'd take the laptop gpu over integrated graphics any day of the week. I paid a LOT. Three times the amount compared to the Vizio that is actually available.

You're comparing:

i3 dual core @2.4Ghz to a quad core i7 @3.4Ghz
    4GB ram to 16GB ram (2 banks vs 4 banks with only two used)
    Intel 4000HD compared to GTX680MX 2GB

and you're going to say better performance in the Vizio?

'cmon Cyber. Stop.
    Not enough? Here is another example, XPS One.

http://all-in-one-pc-review.toptenreviews.com/

Game over.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    The XPS 27 all-in-one is really nice, just costs more. It is definitely a comparable system though. Nice find. I guess the iMac isn't over priced.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    There's only 1 thing that I really hate about the whole Apple thing. People who cry about it because they don't like it or whatever... And then try to shove it down the throats of other people as if everybody should listen to them...

e.g. friend of mine lost his iPhone in a taxi recently, he'll now probably buy an S3 and immediatly a friend of him is crying like $#@! like 'see how I was right' and bull$#@! like that.. Here's a small part (the last part), seriously hate people like this being so ignorant because they can't handle it or what?

C - my friend
    P - his friend (android fanboy)
    Kevin -> me.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    meh. The Vizio doesn't even remotely compare.
    The Dell is good. So there is that one. Though I doubt it will last as long as an iMac. Both design and performance wise, which is not weird since Apple has been making all in ones for quite a long while. So there is "a year or two" of experience.

Try again.

Me:

We got the same machine. lol
    Though you beat me on ram. Haven't upgraded mine yet.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    meh. The Vizio doesn't even remotely compare.
    The Dell is good. So there is that one. Though I doubt it will last as long as an iMac. Both design and performance wise, which is not weird since Apple has been making all in ones for quite a long while. So there is "a year or two" of experience.

I think the premise behind are discussion above was that.

a. apple computers are crap
    b. they are overpriced

So I wanted to see something that compared to what I have, that is less expensive. That's a no go. Then we have a system that is a little under spec'd against the current iMac, but costs more.
    Where does that put the argument?

It's obviously not crap, and either both machines are overpriced, or the iMac isn't. (obviously the other isn't overpriced either)

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I think the premise behind are discussion above was that.

a. apple computers are crap
    b. they are overpriced

So I wanted to see something that compared to what I have, that is less expensive. That's a no go. Then we have a system that is a little under spec'd against the current iMac, but costs more.
    Where does that put the argument?

It's obviously not crap, and either both machines are overpriced, or the iMac isn't. (obviously the other isn't overpriced either)
    The dell one offers better hardware which value is justifiable, the imac contains laptop gpus and old generation cpus which are pathetic for the price given, meaning apple sells crap hardware for a lot more than its actually worth.

But with whom am I arguing here, bunch of apple fanboys...

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    The dell one offers better hardware which value is justifiable, the imac contains laptop gpus and old generation cpus which are pathetic for the price given, meaning apple sells crap hardware for a lot more than its actually worth.

But with whom am I arguing here, bunch of apple fanboys...
    First ... I'm by far the least fanboy anyone can possibly be about anything. Least of all Apple. Because I bought an iMac and have an iPhone, means I am a fanboy? I guess the three other smartphones that I've purchased prior to using an iPhone, and the current two Android phones we use here, yeah, that makes me a fanboy. Oh, then my $#@! gets deeper... I have three PC laptops, no Macbooks, and two "home built" PC's. All be used in the house.

Now, better hardware? How do you mean, "better hardware"?

The current iMac is running the same 4th gen CPU as the Dell. It is running a GTX775M @2GB or GTX780M @4GB, and the Dell is running a GTX770M. Now, the last part... the Dell costs $100 MORE than the iMac, and the Dell is configured with a lower clocked mGPU AND has a 1TB smaller HDD than the iMac.

So, what is it now? How is the Dell hardware better? Who are you arguing with? You're arguing with someone that can read lol. There's your problem.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    First ... I'm by far the least fanboy anyone can possibly be about anything. Least of all Apple. Because I bought an iMac and have an iPhone, means I am a fanboy? I guess the three other smartphones that I've purchased prior to using an iPhone, and the current two Android phones we use here, yeah, that makes me a fanboy. Oh, then my $#@! gets deeper... I have three PC laptops, no Macbooks, and two "home built" PC's. All be used in the house.

Now, better hardware? How do you mean, "better hardware"?

The current iMac is running the same 4th gen CPU as the Dell. It is running a GTX775M @2GB or GTX780M @4GB, and the Dell is running a GTX770M. Now, the last part... the Dell costs $100 MORE than the iMac, and the Dell is configured with a lower clocked mGPU AND has a 1TB smaller HDD than the iMac.

So, what is it now? How is the Dell hardware better? Who are you arguing with? You're arguing with someone that can read lol. There's your problem.
    The dells gpu is configurable, the imacs is not. The cpu in the dell is a superclocked version, imacs is the standard 3.4ghz clockspeed. The ram is faster almost by twice the speed.

I have an Imac, Powerbook g4 and many other apple devices and learned that apple computers are overpriced crap in a shiny box, that is all I can say.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    The dells gpu is configurable, the imacs is not. The cpu in the dell is a superclocked version, imacs is the standard 3.4ghz clockspeed. The ram is faster almost by twice the speed.

I have an Imac, Powerbook g4 and many other apple devices and learned that apple computers are overpriced crap in a shiny box, that is all I can say.
    I think you're just doing this....

The Dell gpu is configurable?? How so?

If I built an iMac to the same price as the Dell XPS 27.

iMac CPU would be the 4771 3.5Ghz compared to the 4770s 3.1Ghz. both boosting to 3.9Ghz. The 4770s isn't superclocked lol. The 4771 is has a 2% performance increase over the 4770s.
    The Ram is rated at the same speed. Not sure where you're even coming up with "faster almost by twice the speed" lol.

Is the Dell overpriced?

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I think you're just doing this....

The Dell gpu is configurable?? How so?

If I built an iMac to the same price as the Dell XPS 27.

iMac CPU would be the 4771 3.5Ghz compared to the 4770s 3.1Ghz. both boosting to 3.9Ghz. The 4770s isn't superclocked lol. The 4771 is has a 2% performance increase over the 4770s.
    The Ram is rated at the same speed. Not sure where you're even coming up with "faster almost by twice the speed" lol.

Is the Dell overpriced?
    Go read some articles about the computer, gpus is configurable and there are models with ram running 2400 mhz instead of your 1600. The cpu is a clocked version of the 3.4 which was clocked to 3.1 but again cpus also may vary to different models.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim

1) You select GPU out of 3 given options and the highest end model has 750M which is vastly inferior to the iMac's 780M
    2) The CPU is NOT superclocked. Highest end model is 4770, not 4770k. Its common knowledge that only k series CPU are unlocked for overclocking. Both have same frequencies also. The 3.9GHz is turbo, which is in iMac aswell
    3) Ram speeds are the same. Both run 1600Mhz dual channel

So no, I wouldn't give XPS the win by any means. Feel free to try again

Sources
    Dell XPS One27
    Imac
    Last edited by Itachi; 01-16-2014 at 21:14.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Go read some articles about the computer, gpus is configurable and there are models with ram running 2400 mhz instead of your 1600. The cpu is a clocked version of the 3.4 which was clocked to 3.1 but again cpus also may vary to different models.
    Sounds like you're talking about modding, overclocking, etc., which is perfectly fine. The iMac can do the same exact things in that respect lol.

Sorry.

There isn't much in the way of configuring the Dell XPS 27 when it comes to BTO. Same goes with the iMac. If you max the build on both, for the same price, the iMac comes out on top all day long.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    The site where I was looking up the specifications the picture of the computer is on top while specs below, the picture of the xps one was on top and I read the specifications above which were of another computer, thats why I got them wrong, sorry for the confusion guys. Also the vizio is not an all in one pc as it seems.
    Last edited by Cybertox; 01-16-2014 at 21:14.

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    From the man that once requested an anti apple sticker to put on his laptop

Also today marks 30 years of the macintosh.
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbo1 View Post
    From the man that once requested an anti apple sticker to put on his laptop

Also today marks 30 years of the macintosh.
    I know right! I was just in the "Apple enter the gaming market" thread and was thinking how I ended up with 7 Apple devices in a house of two. ;p

On the move with Tapatalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Ultimate Veteran
    My uncles 13" 2011 MBP stopped recognizing the hard drive two weeks ago. I tried everything software wise but it was evident it was either the hard drive itself or the data cable connecting the hard drive to the motherboard that was the problem.

The one-year warranty had expired and he didn't have AppleCare so I figured we'd take advantage of Swedish consumer laws and file a consumer compliant (In Sweden you have a 3-year factory warranty protecting you from faults that can be attributed to the manufacturer of the product).

Anyway, it turns out it was the data cable and the MBP was repaired free of charge. Only cost us the gas to take it back to store and pick it up again. Got to love it.
    Other opinions are available.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    My uncles 13" 2011 MBP stopped recognizing the hard drive two weeks ago. I tried everything software wise but it was evident it was either the hard drive itself or the data cable connecting the hard drive to the motherboard that was the problem.

The one-year warranty had expired and he didn't have AppleCare so I figured we'd take advantage of Swedish consumer laws and file a consumer compliant (In Sweden you have a 3-year factory warranty protecting you from faults that can be attributed to the manufacturer of the product).

Anyway, it turns out it was the data cable and the MBP was repaired free of charge. Only cost us the gas to take it back to store and pick it up again. Got to love it.
    Was it fixed, free of charge because of the complaint filed, or because you took it to Apple and they just fixed it?

Ultimate Veteran
    Was it fixed, free of charge because of the complaint filed, or because you took it to Apple and they just fixed it?
    Because of the complaint. Apple might have fixed it for near free (just charing for the cable) as they seem to do so in the U.S with this particular problem. But I don't have an Apple Store close so it would have been too much of a hassle going there.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Because of the complaint. Apple might have fixed it for near free (just charing for the cable) as they seem to do so in the U.S with this particular problem. But I don't have an Apple Store close so it would have been too much of a hassle going there.
    How did you go about the complaint? Like, did you call Apple and tell them they are required to cover a product for three years, per the consumer law?

Ultimate Veteran
    How did you go about the complaint? Like, did you call Apple and tell them they are required to cover a product for three years, per the consumer law?
    All you have to do as a consumer is to take the product to where you bought it with the proof of purchase and fill the complaint. In this case they sent the MBP to a third-party Apple certified repair shop and they make the call if it's the manufactures fault or not. Mechanical parts are generally not covered by these claims, like the hard drive or the battery since they are considered to be consumable goods - which I say is fair enough.

Would it have been the hard drive they would have presented us with an offer to repair it and you can chose yourself to take it or not. I probably would have changed the drive myself it was the issue but I had no desire to change the data cable since it looked fairly complicated.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    All you have to do as a consumer is to take the product to where you bought it with the proof of purchase and fill the complaint. In this case they sent the MBP to a third-party Apple certified repair shop and they make the call if it's the manufactures fault or not. Mechanical parts are generally not covered by these claims, like the hard drive or the battery since they are considered to be consumable goods - which I say is fair enough.

Would it have been the hard drive they would have presented us with an offer to repair it and you can chose yourself to take it or not. I probably would have changed the drive myself it was the issue but I had no desire to change the data cable since it looked fairly complicated.
    Ahhh... I get it. A lot more into it than I was thinking. Still, nice that you have those protections. We don't get that luxury in the US.

Thread Information